- The report contains detailed information about CTC Media, Inc that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for CTC Media, Inc. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The CTC Media, Inc financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes CTC Media, Inc competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of CTC Media, Inc business.
About CTC Media, Inc
CTC Media, Inc. operates television networks that offer entertainment programming in the Russian Federation.
The company operates three Russian television networks: CTCits primary network, offering entertainment programming targeted at 6-54 year-old viewers; Domashnya network principally targeted at 25-60 year-old women; and DTVa network principally targeted at 25-54 year-old viewers. Approximately 100 million people are within the coverage of CTC's signal, approximately 62 million people are within the coverage of Domashny's signal, and approximately 60 million people are within the coverage of DTV's signal.
The company also operates Channel 31, a television network in Kazakhstan; a television channel in Uzbekistan; and a broadcasting group in Moldova, each offering entertainment programming. In addition, the company has in-house production operations specializing in television series, sitcoms, and shows.
The company's primary focus is on entertainment. It also seeks to capture dynamic, youthful audiences by offering a range of entertainment programs suited to particular time slots, including original Russian series and shows, recent and classic Russian and Soviet films, foreign series and films, and animation. It broadcasts entertainment and celebrity news on its national networks.
Television Station Groups
The company owns and operates stations in various markets throughout Russia, in some cases together with local joint venture partners. These owned-and-operated stations, together with unmanned repeater transmitters, comprise its CTC, Domashny, and DTV Television Station Groups.
The companys CTC Television Station Group includes 45 owned-and-operated stations and unmanned repeaters; its Domashny Television Station Group includes 32 owned-and-operated stations and unmanned repeaters; and its DTV Television Station Group includes 31 owned-and-operated stations and unmanned repeaters. The companys owned-and-operated stations and unmanned repeaters broadcast programming received by satellite from the CTC, Domashny, or DTV networks, including national advertising.
Independent affiliate stations
The company has arrangements with independent affiliate stations, including local cable operators that provide for them to receive and broadcast its networks' programming and national advertising.
On a national level, CTC competes directly with other national broadcast networks and channels, including Channel One, Rossiya, and NTV, as well as with the smaller networks REN-TV and TNT. Domashny and DTV compete for advertising revenues primarily with other smaller channels, such as MTV, TV-3, and TVC.
CTC Media, Inc. was incorporated in 1989.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. CTC MEDIA, INC COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. CTC MEDIA, INC BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. CTC MEDIA, INC SWOT ANALYSIS
4. CTC MEDIA, INC FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. CTC MEDIA, INC COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. CTC Media, Inc Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of CTC Media, Inc and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of CTC Media, Inc and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. CTC Media, Inc Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Media Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. CTC Media, Inc Industry Position Analysis
6. CTC MEDIA, INC NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. CTC MEDIA, INC EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. CTC MEDIA, INC ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. RUSSIA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. CTC MEDIA, INC IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. CTC MEDIA, INC PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. CTC MEDIA, INC VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
CTC Media, Inc Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
CTC Media, Inc Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
CTC Media, Inc Major Shareholders
CTC Media, Inc History
CTC Media, Inc Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
CTC Media, Inc Offices and Representations
CTC Media, Inc SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
CTC Media, Inc Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
CTC Media, Inc Capital Market Snapshot
CTC Media, Inc Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Media Industry Statistics
CTC Media, Inc Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
CTC Media, Inc Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
CTC Media, Inc Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
CTC Media, Inc 1-year Stock Charts
CTC Media, Inc 5-year Stock Charts
CTC Media, Inc vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
CTC Media, Inc vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
CTC Media, Inc Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?