- The report contains detailed information about Corus Entertainment Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Corus Entertainment Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Corus Entertainment Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Corus Entertainment Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Corus Entertainment Inc. business.
About Corus Entertainment Inc.
Corus Entertainment Inc. operates as a media and entertainment company in Canada. The company has interests in radio broadcasting, television broadcasting, and the production and distribution of childrens media content.
The companys principal assets consist of 52 radio stations; a variety of specialty television networks focused on children and adult genres; and western Canadas television services. The company also owns Nelvana Limited, an international producer and distributor of childrens programming and merchandise products; Kids Can Press, the Canadian-owned English language publisher of childrens books; three broadcast television stations; and a cable advertising service.
The company operates in two divisions, Radio and Television.
Corus radio group (Corus Radio) comprises 52 radio stations situated primarily in 9 Canadian markets.
Corus Radio operates stations primarily in urban centres in Canada, including Montreal, Quebec City, Toronto, Hamilton/Burlington, Winnipeg, Edmonton, Calgary and Vancouver, and in the area of southern Ontario. Corus Radio operates news/talk stations in eight markets, such as Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Winnipeg, Hamilton, and London.
Corus Radios primary method of distribution is over-the-air, analog radio transmission. Each radio stations content is available to audiences through traditional analog radio receivers at the particular stations licensed frequency on the AM or FM band. With approximately 1,400,000 people registered to Corus Radios stations web-clubs, and permission-based e-mail, the stations develop one-to-one relationships and connect audiences with advertisers in areas that meet their needs.
The company owns a 50% stake in Canadian Broadcast Sales (CBS), in partnership with Rogers Media. CBS is a national sales representation firm. In addition, Corus Radio operates Group Force Radio, a joint venture with Cogeco.
Competition: The company, on a national level, competes with Astral Media, Rogers Media, and CTVglobemedia.
Corus television group (Corus Television) comprises specialty television networks, premium pay television services, three local television stations, other media services, and the Content group which consists of the production and distribution of television programs and the merchandising of related products and rights.
Specialty Television Networks: Corus Televisions group of specialty television networks serve kids, teens, and women. Its television networks are W Network, YTV, and Treehouse.
YTV is a specialty television network for children and teens aged 2 to 17. This network reaches children beyond the television with interactive events and initiatives, including ytv.com, a Canadian kids website.
Treehouse TV is a specialty service in Canada for preschoolers aged two to five. Treehouse TV operates on a 24-hour basis offering a commercial-free television environment in its preschool programming that reflects the interests and developmental levels of young children.
W Network is a specialty television service serving the needs and interests of women.
Country Music Television (CMT) is a specialty service exhibiting country music videos, a prime-time lineup of comedy and drama series, movies and specials, music programming, and daily entertainment news.
Telelatino is an ethnic specialty service that offers general interest domestic and international programming in the Italian, Spanish, and English languages. VIVA would focus on boomer women, women 35 to 54.
The company offers three digital specialty television networks: SCREAM TV, rebranded September 2009 to DUSK, which offers suspense and thriller theme through a schedule of classic and modern thrillers, cult favorites, and popular series; Cosmopolitan TV, which offers lifestyle and entertainment programming for women 18 to 34; and Nickelodeon which offers children programming featuring a line-up of award winning Nick properties, from live-action comedies and animated favourites to classic hits 24 hours a day, for kids 6 to 11.
The company also holds interests in the following specialty televi
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. CORUS ENTERTAINMENT INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. CORUS ENTERTAINMENT INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. CORUS ENTERTAINMENT INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. CORUS ENTERTAINMENT INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. CORUS ENTERTAINMENT INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Corus Entertainment Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Corus Entertainment Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Corus Entertainment Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Corus Entertainment Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Media Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Corus Entertainment Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. CORUS ENTERTAINMENT INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. CORUS ENTERTAINMENT INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. CORUS ENTERTAINMENT INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CANADA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. CORUS ENTERTAINMENT INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. CORUS ENTERTAINMENT INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. CORUS ENTERTAINMENT INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Corus Entertainment Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Corus Entertainment Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Corus Entertainment Inc. Major Shareholders
Corus Entertainment Inc. History
Corus Entertainment Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Corus Entertainment Inc. Offices and Representations
Corus Entertainment Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Corus Entertainment Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Corus Entertainment Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Corus Entertainment Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Media Industry Statistics
Corus Entertainment Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Corus Entertainment Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Corus Entertainment Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Corus Entertainment Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Corus Entertainment Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Corus Entertainment Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Corus Entertainment Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Corus Entertainment Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?