- The report contains detailed information about Charm Communications Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Charm Communications Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Charm Communications Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Charm Communications Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Charm Communications Inc. business.
About Charm Communications Inc.
Charm Communications Inc. operates as an integrated advertising agency in the Peoples Republic of China (the PRC).
The company offers media investment management, advertising agency, and branding and identity services. It offers a range of television advertising agency services from planning and managing the advertising campaigns to creating and placing the advertisements; and engages in media investment management through identifying, securing and selling of television advertising resources.
The company offers integrated advertising solutions that may include all stages of the process from the initial planning and development of the advertising campaign, to placing the advertisement across multiple media platforms in multiple cities, to evaluating and refining the advertising campaign. Its advertising agency services include market research; branding strategies; creative design, development and production of advertisements; procurement of advertising media resources and placement of advertisements; public relations; and overall management of advertising campaigns. The stages of an advertising campaign include planning, production, and media procurement and placement.
Other supplemental services: The company supplements its client services by providing relevant market intelligence to its clients.
The companys team of research specialists utilizes its information infrastructure to generate reports tailored to its clients preferences for their use. These reports cover new products or services, competition, market trends, consumer habits and effectiveness of advertising campaign. With respect to some of these projects, the company works with third party intelligence companies or research institutions to collect and analyze the data and create the reports. These reports provide market intelligence for its clients, which helps them in designing and timing the introduction of new products, planning marketing campaigns, formulating competition strategies, anticipating market movements and reacting to sudden changes in the market. In addition, the company provides public relations consulting services and advices to its clients, including brand management and public relations to respond to and mitigate negative publicity.
Advertising Agency and Branding and Identity Services
The company places advertisements for its clients on a range of television channels, including China Central Television (CCTV) and satellite and regional television channels and, on a smaller scale, on other media platforms, including Internet and out-of-home media.
Media Investment Management
Under its media investment management business, the company, through a series of agency arrangements, secures all or a portion of the advertising time and other advertising rights, which include soft advertising, such as sponsorship, on a specific television channel or television program and sells such advertising media resources. Through the media investment management business, the company provides clients with access to its advertising media resources that it has secured on a network of television channels with targeted geographic coverage and viewership. The company has agency arrangements with Shanghai Dragon Television and Tianjin Satellite Television to secure all or a portion of the advertising time on these satellite television channels, as well as with CCTV to secure advertising rights on various programs on CCTV.
In January 2010, the company formed a joint venture with international 4A advertising group Aegis Media to operate its brand Vizeum in China. Vizeum is an international media network and part of Aegis Group, a marketing communications group.
In October 2010, Charm Communications Inc. announced that it has signed a cooperation agreement to establish a joint venture with Wasu Digital Group.
The company has established a diversified client base of Chinese companies that includes brand names in China. Its clients include brand names in China across various industries, such as China Telecom, PICC, Agricultural Bank of China, China CITIC Bank, Snowbeer, Yunnan Baiyao, C-Bons, Wahaha, and Midea. Its clients also include emerging domestic brands, such as Bosideng, Lolo, Chery Automobile, and Feihe Dairy. During 2009, the company provided services to a total of approximately 450 advertising clients.
The companys major competitors include Chinese advertising service companies, such as Walk-On Advertising Co., Ltd. (San Ren Xing) and Vision CN Communications Group (Tong Lu).
Charm Communications Inc. was founded in 2008.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. CHARM COMMUNICATIONS INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. CHARM COMMUNICATIONS INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. CHARM COMMUNICATIONS INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. CHARM COMMUNICATIONS INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. CHARM COMMUNICATIONS INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Charm Communications Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Charm Communications Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Charm Communications Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Charm Communications Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Media Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Charm Communications Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. CHARM COMMUNICATIONS INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. CHARM COMMUNICATIONS INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. CHARM COMMUNICATIONS INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CHINA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. CHARM COMMUNICATIONS INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. CHARM COMMUNICATIONS INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. CHARM COMMUNICATIONS INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Charm Communications Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Charm Communications Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Charm Communications Inc. Major Shareholders
Charm Communications Inc. History
Charm Communications Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Charm Communications Inc. Offices and Representations
Charm Communications Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Charm Communications Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Charm Communications Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Charm Communications Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Media Industry Statistics
Charm Communications Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Charm Communications Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Charm Communications Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Charm Communications Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Charm Communications Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Charm Communications Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Charm Communications Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Charm Communications Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?