- The report contains detailed information about APN News & Media Ltd. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for APN News & Media Ltd.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The APN News & Media Ltd. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes APN News & Media Ltd. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of APN News & Media Ltd. business.
About APN News & Media Ltd.
APN News & Media Limited operates as a media company. The company publishes metropolitan newspaper, and operates radio broadcasting and outdoor advertising in Australasia. The company has publishing, radio, outdoor advertising and online operations.
The companys operations across Australia cover Publishing, Online, Radio and Outdoor advertising. It has a significant presence in all major metropolitan markets, as well as in the areas of northern New South Wales and regional Queensland.
APN Australian Publishing operates 14 regional daily newspapers and approximately 60 non-daily and community titles across Queensland and northern New South Wales.
APN Online: The company offers an online APN Regional News Network, based around upgraded masthead websites. Sites have been launched in Toowoomba and the Sunshine Coast. The complementary news and finda sites would offer advertisers access to significant local audiences which they are unable to reach through other online offerings.
The Australian Radio Network (ARN) broadcasts across 12 metropolitan FM and AM stations on two networks: Classic Hits and Mix, reaching 4.2 million listeners across Australia each week.
APN Outdoor operates in the main outdoor advertising categories in Australia: large format, posters, transit and street furniture.
Adshel has 13,500 advertising panels in 120 council areas across Australia and New Zealand. Adshel offers the street furniture coverage in Australia, with 92% of Australians in metro cities living in Adshel areas.
APN News & Media operates as the media company in New Zealand. APN New Zealand Publishing includes the countrys daily newspaper, The New Zealand Herald, together with the Herald on Sunday, seven regional daily titles, approximately 30 community titles, APN Educational Media and New Zealand Magazines.
APN Online is an operator of Internet businesses in New Zealand. Its website nzherald.co.nz is the news website in the country. It attracts an average of 730,000 unique browsers and 11.8 million page impressions a week. APN Online launched Think Digital Media in 2008, and is the online advertising representative business in New Zealand. It represents sites that include channels of news, business, sport, entertainment, lifestyle, youth and women.
In February 2009, APN announced the sale of its online business directory finda.co.nz to the New Zealand Yellow Pages Group (YPG).
THE Radio Network (TRN) broadcasts across approximately 120 FM and AM frequencies around the country, reaching 1.5 million listeners each week. NewstalkZB is a national network in the three major metropolitan cities of Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch.
APN Outdoor is an outdoor operator in New Zealand, with market positions in all of the major Outdoor categories. During the year 2008, APN acquired the operations of Media 1, a billboard company in New Zealand. The acquisition added 130 sites to APNs existing national portfolio of 500 billboard sites, covering all major markets.
APN News & Media is an outdoor advertising operator in Asia, with businesses in Hong Kong, Indonesia and Malaysia.
In Hong Kong, APN operates in the transit advertising business, where Buspak manages transit media for approximately 5,700 buses under the operation of Citybus, Kowloon Motor Bus, New World First Bus and Long Win Bus. That includes approximately 500 bus routes stretching across Hong Kong Island, Kowloon and the New Territories.
APN also operates premium billboards in Hong Kong under the Cody brand. The Cody network covers both tunnels and downtown areas in Hong Kong. In Malaysia, the Kurnia Outdoor business has established itself as a billboard specialist, with a suite of high-visibility sites across Kuala Lumpur and other major centres.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. APN NEWS & MEDIA LTD. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. APN NEWS & MEDIA LTD. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. APN NEWS & MEDIA LTD. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. APN NEWS & MEDIA LTD. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. APN NEWS & MEDIA LTD. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. APN News & Media Ltd. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of APN News & Media Ltd. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of APN News & Media Ltd. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. APN News & Media Ltd. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Media Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. APN News & Media Ltd. Industry Position Analysis
6. APN NEWS & MEDIA LTD. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. APN NEWS & MEDIA LTD. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. APN NEWS & MEDIA LTD. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. AUSTRALIA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. APN NEWS & MEDIA LTD. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. APN NEWS & MEDIA LTD. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. APN NEWS & MEDIA LTD. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
APN News & Media Ltd. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
APN News & Media Ltd. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
APN News & Media Ltd. Major Shareholders
APN News & Media Ltd. History
APN News & Media Ltd. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
APN News & Media Ltd. Offices and Representations
APN News & Media Ltd. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
APN News & Media Ltd. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
APN News & Media Ltd. Capital Market Snapshot
APN News & Media Ltd. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Media Industry Statistics
APN News & Media Ltd. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
APN News & Media Ltd. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
APN News & Media Ltd. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
APN News & Media Ltd. 1-year Stock Charts
APN News & Media Ltd. 5-year Stock Charts
APN News & Media Ltd. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
APN News & Media Ltd. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
APN News & Media Ltd. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?