- The report contains detailed information about Independent News & Media plc that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Independent News & Media plc. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Independent News & Media plc financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Independent News & Media plc competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Independent News & Media plc business.
About Independent News & Media plc
Independent News & Media PLC operates as a newspaper and communications company. The company has interests in Australia, India, Indonesia, Ireland, New Zealand, South Africa, and the United Kingdom.
The company publishes approximately 200 newspaper and magazine titles, delivering a combined weekly circulation of approximately 32 million copies with a weekly audience of approximately 100 million consumers.
The company has an online presence, with approximately 100 editorial, classified, and transactional sites. The company also is a radio operator with approximately 130 stations and an audience of approximately 6 million people in Australasia. It is an outdoor advertising operator in Australasia and Africa and also has outdoor advertising operations in Hong Kong, Malaysia, India, and Indonesia.
National Publishing: The companys subsidiary, APN News & Media Ltd (APN), publishes The New Zealand Herald, Herald on Sunday, and four magazines.
Regional Publishing: APN Australian publishing operates 14 regional daily newspapers and approximately 60 non-daily and community titles across Queensland and northern New South Wales.
Radio: The Australian Radio Network (ARN) broadcasts 12 metropolitan FM and AM stations on 2 networks, Classic Hits and Mix. The Radio Network (TRN) in New Zealand broadcasts across approximately 120 FM and AM frequencies around the country, reaching 1.5 million listeners each week.
Outdoor: APN Outdoor operates in each of the main outdoor advertising categories in Australia. During the year 2008, APN acquired the operations of Media 1, a billboard company in New Zealand. The acquisition added 130 sites to APNs existing national portfolio of 500 billboard sites across all markets. APN is also a transit advertising operator in Hong Kong and an operator of premium billboards.
Online: In Australia, APN operates the APN Regional News Network. The sites are being developed with a suite of finda-branded online businesses, which provide local communities with listings and directory information for their specific region. Sites have been launched in Toowoomba and the Sunshine Coast, with a response from local advertisers and audiences. The New Zealand Herald website, nzherald.co.nz, averages 730,000 browsers and 11.8 million page impressions per week.
Newspapers: In Cape Town, the company publishes mainstream titles in the morning (The Cape Times), the afternoon (The Cape Argus) and over weekends (The Weekend Argus Saturday and The Weekend Argus Sunday), as well as weekly community newspapers.
The companys title, The Star, is published in Gauteng, along with the Saturday Star in Johannesburg, the Pretoria News (which includes a weekend edition) in Pretoria and The Diamond Fields Advertiser in Kimberley. The Gauteng operation also publishes The Sunday Independent nationally and holds a 25% interest in 12 free/community newspapers in Pretoria.
The company, in Kwazulu Natal, publishes the Daily News, The Mercury, the Post, The Independent on Saturday, the Sunday Tribune, and Isolezwe. It also has a 33% interest in free/community newspapers which are distributed in and around Durban. A stand-alone Sunday edition of Izolezwe (Izolezwe ngeSonto) was also launched.
Outdoor: The companys Outdoor advertising business, Clear Channel Independent, was acquired in March 2008 and has been rebranded as INM Outdoor. This division operates in 12 countries outside of South Africa.
Magazines: The wholly-owned Magazine division is operated through Condé Nast Independent Magazines. Glamour is a fashion and beauty magazine in South Africa.
Online: The online and newspaper divisions have been integrated to serve the companys content. The iol.co.za portal, South Africas news, current affairs and classified site, together with the companys individual newspaper titles and other sites, deliver approximately two million unique visitors per month.
Nationals Division: The Nationals division comprises The Independent and Independent on Sunday. The company has entered into a service-sharing agreement with Daily Mail & General Trust (DMGT) under which t
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. INDEPENDENT NEWS & MEDIA PLC COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. INDEPENDENT NEWS & MEDIA PLC BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. INDEPENDENT NEWS & MEDIA PLC SWOT ANALYSIS
4. INDEPENDENT NEWS & MEDIA PLC FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. INDEPENDENT NEWS & MEDIA PLC COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Independent News & Media plc Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Independent News & Media plc and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Independent News & Media plc and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Independent News & Media plc Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Media Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Independent News & Media plc Industry Position Analysis
6. INDEPENDENT NEWS & MEDIA PLC NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. INDEPENDENT NEWS & MEDIA PLC EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. INDEPENDENT NEWS & MEDIA PLC ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. IRELAND PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. INDEPENDENT NEWS & MEDIA PLC IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. INDEPENDENT NEWS & MEDIA PLC PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. INDEPENDENT NEWS & MEDIA PLC VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Independent News & Media plc Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Independent News & Media plc Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Independent News & Media plc Major Shareholders
Independent News & Media plc History
Independent News & Media plc Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Independent News & Media plc Offices and Representations
Independent News & Media plc SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Independent News & Media plc Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Independent News & Media plc Capital Market Snapshot
Independent News & Media plc Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Media Industry Statistics
Independent News & Media plc Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Independent News & Media plc Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Independent News & Media plc Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Independent News & Media plc 1-year Stock Charts
Independent News & Media plc 5-year Stock Charts
Independent News & Media plc vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Independent News & Media plc vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Independent News & Media plc Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?