- The report contains detailed information about Viscount Systems Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Viscount Systems Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Viscount Systems Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Viscount Systems Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Viscount Systems Inc. business.
About Viscount Systems Inc.
Viscount Systems Inc. engages in the manufacture and development, as well as provision of services for access control security products.
In addition to MESH (Multimedia Embedded Security Hub), the companys access control and security product lines include the following: Enterphone 2000, a building intercom; Entercheck, a card access system; RadioClik and InfraClik, radio frequency and infrared remote controls; Elektra, liquid crystal display intercom panels; EmerPhone, emergency telephone entry systems; and various accessories.
The companys systems use telecommunications wiring to control access to buildings and other facilities for security purposes. Its control panels are installed at entrances to apartment buildings, government facilities, and other buildings and facilities where security concerns require access control systems. The control panels are sold in various formats and with varying features and capabilities.
The company also packages and sells access control and security products that are complementary to its Enterphone product, including card access systems, radio frequency remote controls, intercom monitors, and closed circuit cameras.
The companys intercom and access control systems are installed throughout North America for various applications, including condominium/apartment building access and intercom; residential intercom; gated home/community access and intercom; seniors/government housing access, tracking and intercom; elevator access and tracking; and garage or perimeter gate control, and emergency communications.
Enterphone Access Control Products
Enterphone is the companys patented building entry control system that uses a buildings internal phone wiring to allow access control for tenants and intercom and access control between visitors and tenants. The use of a buildings internal phone wiring by its Enterphone system provides an option to using telephone company wiring.
The companys Enterphone system is sold as a central control panel which is installed in a buildings telephone control room. The control panel connects an intercom panel located at an entrance to the building with the telephone of building tenants.
The company also manufactures electronic entry access panels that can operate using either its Enterphone system, or dial-up telephone company lines. The companys panels are manufactured in various sizes and with various features in order to accommodate varying purposes and building types.
The companys Enterphone panels can also be combined with other technologies, such as access tracking and control, closed circuit monitors, infrared and radio frequency remotes, and Wiegand cards and card readers.
MESH Access Control System
MESH, a software based building management system, is designed to replace traditional systems that are more hardware intensive. MESH communicates with a network of intelligent input/output devices, such as card readers or building environment sensors. MESH provides a software-based platform that operates on an industrial computer server connected to intelligent readers transmitting data at high speed rates of up to 156,000 baud, while simultaneously running voice and video applications.
The Enterphone systems, called Enterphone X, EPX, was released during 2008. The EPX product line has replaced the EP2000 product line. EPX, also a no phone line system like EP2000, is the next generation of Enterphone. EPX improves compatibility with MESH and other newer telephony technologies.
The companys other products include RadioClick and InfraClick. These are remote control access control products for doors and parking gates. They are sold separately or as complementary to its Enterphone, Entercheck, and MESH systems. The company also manufactures and sells EmerPhone, an intercom system that is sold in elevator phone, emergency phone, and entry phone applications.
The company also services approximately 1,577 existing Enterphone installations with in western Canada.
Viscount Systems Inc. was founded in 1969.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. VISCOUNT SYSTEMS INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. VISCOUNT SYSTEMS INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. VISCOUNT SYSTEMS INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. VISCOUNT SYSTEMS INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. VISCOUNT SYSTEMS INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Viscount Systems Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Viscount Systems Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Viscount Systems Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Viscount Systems Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Viscount Systems Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. VISCOUNT SYSTEMS INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. VISCOUNT SYSTEMS INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. VISCOUNT SYSTEMS INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CANADA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. VISCOUNT SYSTEMS INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. VISCOUNT SYSTEMS INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. VISCOUNT SYSTEMS INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Viscount Systems Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Viscount Systems Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Viscount Systems Inc. Major Shareholders
Viscount Systems Inc. History
Viscount Systems Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Viscount Systems Inc. Offices and Representations
Viscount Systems Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Viscount Systems Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Viscount Systems Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Viscount Systems Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Statistics
Viscount Systems Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Viscount Systems Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Viscount Systems Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Viscount Systems Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Viscount Systems Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Viscount Systems Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Viscount Systems Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Viscount Systems Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?