- The report contains detailed information about ViaSat Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for ViaSat Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The ViaSat Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes ViaSat Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of ViaSat Inc. business.
About ViaSat Inc.
ViaSat, Inc provides satellite and wireless communications and secure networking systems, products, and services to government and commercial customers worldwide.
The company operates in three segments: Government Systems, Commercial Networks, and Satellite Services.
Government Systems segment
Government Systems segment develops and produces network-centric Internet protocol (IP)-based secure government communications systems, products, and solutions. Customers segment include tactical armed forces, public safety first-responders and remote government employees. The products and services of its government systems segment are as follows:
Tactical Data Links: The company develops and produces tactical radio and information distribution systems that enable real-time collection and dissemination of video and data using secure, jam-resistant transmission links from manned aircraft, unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs), ground mobile vehicles and other remote platforms to networked communication, and command centers. Products in this category include Multifunctional Information Distribution System (MIDS) terminals for military fighter jets and their successor and MIDS Joint Tactical Radio System (MIDS-J) terminals.
Information Assurance: The companys information security and assurance products provide high-speed IP-based Type 1 and High Assurance Internet Protocol Encryption (HAIPE)-compliant encryption solutions. The companys encryption modules use a programmable, high-assurance architecture upgraded in the field or integrated into existing communication networks, and are available on a stand-alone basis and as embedded modules with in its tactical radio, information distribution, and other satellite communication systems and products.
Government Satellite Communication Systems: The companys government satellite communication systems offer an array of portable and fixed broadband modems, terminals, network access control systems and antenna systems using a range of satellite frequency bands. The companys range of broadband modems, terminals and systems support high-speed broadband and multimedia transmissions over point-to-point, mesh, and hub-and-spoke satellite networking systems, and include products designed for manpacks, aircraft, seagoing vessels, ground mobile vehicles and fixed applications.
Commercial Networks segment
Commercial Networks segment develops and produces various satellite communication systems and ground networking equipment, and products that address five key market segments: consumer, enterprise, in-flight, maritime and ground mobile applications. The companys networking equipment and products include radio frequency gateways, network infrastructure and end-user equipment and terminals. The company provides satellite communications network solutions for multiple sectors of the commercial market. Commercial networks segment principally provides networking hardware and software to satellite or communications service providers.
The companys satellite communication systems, ground networking equipment and products cater to a range of domestic and international commercial customers are as follows:
Consumer Broadband: The company is a network technology supplier for the consumer satellite market. The companys SurfBeam network systems and modems enable satellite broadband access for residential or home office customers. In addition, the company designed and developed satellite network infrastructure and ground terminals to access Ka-band broadband on high-capacity satellites, including ViaSat-1, to serve the United States and Canada; KA-SAT, Eutelsats new high-capacity Ka-band satellite, and which would serve Europe and parts of the Middle East and Africa; and Yahsat, a high capacity satellite and which would serve the Middle East and part of Africa.
Antenna Systems: The company develops, designs, produces, tests, and installs ground terminals and antennas for terrestrial and satellite applications, specializing in geo-special imagery, mobile satellite communication, Ka-band gateways, and other multi-band antennas.
Enterprise VSAT Networks and Products: The co
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. VIASAT INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. VIASAT INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. VIASAT INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. VIASAT INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. VIASAT INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. ViaSat Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of ViaSat Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of ViaSat Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. ViaSat Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. ViaSat Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. VIASAT INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. VIASAT INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. VIASAT INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. VIASAT INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. VIASAT INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. VIASAT INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
ViaSat Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
ViaSat Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
ViaSat Inc. Major Shareholders
ViaSat Inc. History
ViaSat Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
ViaSat Inc. Offices and Representations
ViaSat Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
ViaSat Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
ViaSat Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
ViaSat Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Statistics
ViaSat Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
ViaSat Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
ViaSat Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
ViaSat Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
ViaSat Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
ViaSat Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
ViaSat Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
ViaSat Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?