- The report contains detailed information about Universal Electronics Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Universal Electronics Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Universal Electronics Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Universal Electronics Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Universal Electronics Inc. business.
About Universal Electronics Inc.
Universal Electronics Inc. is a provider of products, software, and technologies that are marketed to enhance home entertainment systems.
The companys offerings include the following: pre-programmed universal infrared (IR) and radio frequency (RF) remote controls that are sold primarily to multiple systems operators (MSOs), consumers, original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), and private label customers; audio-video (AV) accessories sold to consumers; integrated circuits, on which its software and universal IR remote control database is embedded, sold primarily to OEMs and private label customers; intellectual property which the company licenses primarily to OEMs, software development companies, private label customers, and MSOs; and software, firmware, and technology solutions that can enable devices such as TVs, set-top boxes, stereos, automotive audio systems, cell phones and other consumer electronic devices to wirelessly connect and interact with home networks and interactive services to deliver digital entertainment and information.
Principal Products and Markets
The companys principal markets include MSOs in the cable and satellite subscription broadcasting markets, as well as OEM, private label, retail, and custom installer companies that operate in the consumer electronics market.
The company provides MSOs (cable, satellite and Internet protocol television providers) both domestically and internationally, with its universal remote control devices and integrated circuits, on which its software and IR code database is embedded, to support the demand associated with the deployment of digital set-top boxes that contain the latest technology and features. The company sells its universal remote control devices and integrated circuits, on which its software and IR code database is embedded, to OEMs that manufacture wireless control devices, cable converters or satellite receivers.
The company also sells customized chips, which include its software and/or customized software packages, to these customers.
In 2008, the company signed an agreement with Audiovox Accessories Corporation to be the supplier of embedded microcontrollers and infrared database software for Audiovoxs complete line of RCA universal remote controls sold in the North American retail market. The company also develops remote controls in the future for existing brands in the Audiovox lineup and granted Audiovox a license to sell and distribute its One For All brand remote controls and accessories in North America.
The company distributes remote control devices directly to MSOs and OEMs, both domestically and internationally. In the North American retail channel, the company licenses its One For All brand name to Audiovox, who in turn sells products directly to certain domestic retailers and third party distributors. Outside of North America, the company sells its wireless control devices and AV accessories under the One For All and private label brand names to retailers through its international subsidiaries.
The companys major suppliers are Computime, C.G. Development, Samsung, and Samjin.
The companys principal competitors in the domestic MSO market are Philips Consumer Electronics, Universal Remote Control and Contec. In the international retail and private label markets for wireless controls the company competes with Philips Consumer Electronics, Logitech, Ruwido and Sony as well as various manufacturers of wireless controls in Asia.
The company competes against Universal Remote Control, Logitech, and Ruwido in the IR database market. The companys Nevo product line competes in the custom electronics installation market against AMX, RTI, Control4, Universal Remote Control, Philips Consumer Electronics, and Logitech.
The companys North American retail products compete against Universal Remote Control, Philips Consumer Electronics, Logitech, and Sony.
Universal Electronics Inc. was founded in 1986.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. UNIVERSAL ELECTRONICS INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. UNIVERSAL ELECTRONICS INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. UNIVERSAL ELECTRONICS INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. UNIVERSAL ELECTRONICS INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. UNIVERSAL ELECTRONICS INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Universal Electronics Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Universal Electronics Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Universal Electronics Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Universal Electronics Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Universal Electronics Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. UNIVERSAL ELECTRONICS INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. UNIVERSAL ELECTRONICS INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. UNIVERSAL ELECTRONICS INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. UNIVERSAL ELECTRONICS INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. UNIVERSAL ELECTRONICS INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. UNIVERSAL ELECTRONICS INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Universal Electronics Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Universal Electronics Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Universal Electronics Inc. Major Shareholders
Universal Electronics Inc. History
Universal Electronics Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Universal Electronics Inc. Offices and Representations
Universal Electronics Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Universal Electronics Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Universal Electronics Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Universal Electronics Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Statistics
Universal Electronics Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Universal Electronics Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Universal Electronics Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Universal Electronics Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Universal Electronics Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Universal Electronics Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Universal Electronics Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Universal Electronics Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?