- The report contains detailed information about TESSCO Technologies Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for TESSCO Technologies Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The TESSCO Technologies Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes TESSCO Technologies Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of TESSCO Technologies Inc. business.
About TESSCO Technologies Inc.
TESSCO Technologies Incorporated provides integrated product and supply chain solutions to the professionals that design, build, run, maintain, and use wireless mobile, fixed, and in-building systems.
The company provides its customers with product and value chain solutions for the following applications: mobile radio communications, base station infrastructure, wire area networks, local area network, security and surveillance networks, and remote monitoring and control.
Mobility and User Devices
The products that the company uses in these solutions fall with in the business segment categories of network infrastructure, mobile devices and accessories, and installation, test and maintenance products.
The companys operational platform, which the company refers to as its Knowledge, Configuration, Delivery and Control System (KCDC), allows customers and manufacturers the opportunity to streamline the supply chain process and lower total inventories and costs by providing guaranteed availability and complete, on-time delivery to the point of use.
The company serves an average of approximately 12,400 commercial customers per month, including a mix of carrier and public network operators, infrastructure site owners, program managers, contractors and integrators, industrial and enterprise self-maintained users, governments, manufacturers, repair centers, retailers, dealers and value-added resellers. Additionally, the company serves an average of approximately 800 consumers per month, including through affinity partners and direct-to-consumer programs.
Products and Services
The company principally offers manufacturer brand-name products, ranging from simple hardware items to test equipment. It offers products classified into its three business segments: network infrastructure, mobile devices and accessories, and installation, test and maintenance products.
Network infrastructure products are used to build, repair and upgrade wireless telecommunications, computing and Internet networks. Products include base station antennas, cable and transmission lines, fixed and mobile broadband equipment, wireless local area network (WLAN) products, wireless networking, filtering systems, small towers, lightning protection devices, connectors, security and surveillance products, power systems and miscellaneous hardware. The companys network infrastructure service offering includes connector installation, custom jumper assembly, filter product tuning, site kitting, logistics integration and wireless network training.
Mobile devices and accessory products include cellular phone and data device accessories, such as replacement batteries, cases, speakers, mobile amplifiers, power supplies, headsets, mounts, car antennas, music accessories and data and memory cards as well as two-way radios and related accessories. Retail merchandising displays, promotional programs, customized order fulfillment services and affinity-marketing programs, including providing outsourced call centers and private label Internet sites, complement its mobile devices and accessory product offering. Installation, test and maintenance products are used to install, tune, maintain and repair wireless communications equipment. Products include analysis equipment and various frequency-, voltage- and power-measuring devices, as well as an assortment of tools, hardware, GPS, safety and replacement and component parts and supplies required by service technicians.
The company principally provide manufacturer brand-name products, various products, which are primarily subscriber accessory products and infrastructure accessory components, are developed and offered under TESSCO owned-brands including, Wireless Solutions, Ventev, TerraWave and Airstream. Also, its WLAN certification training is offered under its GigaWave trade name.
The companys products are sold as part of its integrated product and supply chain solutions. The companys supply chain services for all product areas are grouped under Knowledge, Configuration, Delivery and Control. Knowledge solutions include the entire suite of TESSCO publications that focus on educating the industry, including product highlights, showcases and/or comparisons, with comprehensive specifications on the products, solutions and applications that are offered and reinforced by engineering, sales and technical support, as well as hands-on training programs. Configuration services comprise product kitting, logistics management and consumer and retail merchandising and marketing, allowing the products to be delivered ready for immediate use, installation or resale.
As of March 28, 2010, the company offered products purchased from approximately 420 manufacturers. The company supplies repair and replacement materials to authorized service centers for Nokia primarily in the United States and Canada. The company also sells products other than Nokia repair and replacement materials to customers.
In October 2010, TESSCO Technologies Incorporated announced that it has partnered with B2B Soft to provide a new Vendor Managed Inventory (VMI) solution to wireless dealers and resellers nationwide. TESSCO supports cellular dealers and resellers.
The companys customer base consists of commercial customers and consumers. The company categorizes its commercial customers into three different categories: public carriers and network operators, resellers, and self-maintained users (SMUs) and governments.
Resellers include dealers and resellers that sell, install and/or service cellular telephone, wireless networking, broadband and two-way radio communications equipment for the enterprise and consumer markets. These resellers include local and national value-added resellers and retailers.
SMUs and government customers include commercial entities, major utilities, transportation companies, installation centers, federal agencies and state and local governments.
TESSCO Technologies Incorporated was founded in 1982.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. TESSCO TECHNOLOGIES INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. TESSCO TECHNOLOGIES INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. TESSCO TECHNOLOGIES INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. TESSCO TECHNOLOGIES INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. TESSCO TECHNOLOGIES INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. TESSCO Technologies Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of TESSCO Technologies Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of TESSCO Technologies Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. TESSCO Technologies Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. TESSCO Technologies Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. TESSCO TECHNOLOGIES INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. TESSCO TECHNOLOGIES INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. TESSCO TECHNOLOGIES INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. TESSCO TECHNOLOGIES INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. TESSCO TECHNOLOGIES INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. TESSCO TECHNOLOGIES INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
TESSCO Technologies Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
TESSCO Technologies Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
TESSCO Technologies Inc. Major Shareholders
TESSCO Technologies Inc. History
TESSCO Technologies Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
TESSCO Technologies Inc. Offices and Representations
TESSCO Technologies Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
TESSCO Technologies Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
TESSCO Technologies Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
TESSCO Technologies Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Statistics
TESSCO Technologies Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
TESSCO Technologies Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
TESSCO Technologies Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
TESSCO Technologies Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
TESSCO Technologies Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
TESSCO Technologies Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
TESSCO Technologies Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
TESSCO Technologies Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?