- The report contains detailed information about Synaptics Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Synaptics Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Synaptics Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Synaptics Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Synaptics Inc. business.
About Synaptics Inc.
Synaptics Incorporated engages in the development and supply of custom-designed human interface solutions that enable people to interact with various mobile computing, communications, entertainment, and other electronic devices. The company targets the personal computer (PC) market and the market for digital lifestyle products, including mobile smartphones and feature phones, portable digital music and video players, and other select electronic device markets with its customized human interface solutions.
The companys custom-designed human interface solutions are custom engineered solutions for its customers, and include sensor design, module layout, ASICs, firmware, and software features for which it provides manufacturing and design support, and device testing. The companys OneTouch offering includes design tools, documentation, a family of capacitive sensing ASICs, and technical support to enable customers to develop their own human interface designs for capacitive buttons and scrolling applications.
The company provides custom human interface solutions for navigation, cursor control, and multimedia controls for various PC original equipment manufacturers (OEMs). In addition to notebooks, other PC applications for its technology include peripherals, such as keyboards, mice, and monitors, as well as desktop and PC remote control applications. The companys solutions for the PC market include the TouchPad; the ClickPad; the TouchStyk; and dual pointing solutions.
The companys digital lifestyle products include mobile smartphones and feature phones, portable digital music and video players, remote controls, and global positioning devices, as well as various mobile, handheld, wireless, and entertainment devices. Its human interface solutions for digital lifestyle products include TouchButtons, NavPoint, ClearPad, and ClearButtons.
TouchPad: The company's TouchPad is a small, touch-sensitive pad that senses the position of a persons finger on its surface through the measurement of capacitance. Its TouchPad provides a method for screen navigation and cursor movement, and provides a platform for interactive input. The companys TouchPad solutions allow its customers to provide human interface solutions for both the consumer and corporate markets. Its TouchPad solutions are designed to meet the electrical and mechanical specifications of its customers.
ClickPad: The companys ClickPad, a specific TouchPad application that eliminates the need for physical buttons, is a product solution that can be used for scrolling, pointing, navigation, and selection. The companys ClickPad is activated by pressing down on the internal tact switch to perform a left- or right-button click and provides tactile feedback similar to pressing a physical button.
TouchStyk: The company's TouchStyk is a proprietary pointing stick interface solution. TouchStyk is enabled with press-to-select and tap-to-click capabilities, and can be integrated into multiple computing and communications devices. It is shipping its TouchStyk in notebooks, portable multimedia players, and ultra mobile personal computers.
Dual Pointing Solutions: The companys dual pointing solutions offer a TouchPad with a pointing stick in a single notebook computer, enabling users to select their interface of choice. Its dual pointing solution also provides the end user the ability to use both interfaces interchangeably. The company has developed two solutions for use in the dual pointing market. Its first solution integrates the electronics for controlling a third-party resistive strain gauge pointing stick onto its TouchPad PCB. The companys second dual pointing solution uses its TouchStyk rather than a third-party pointing stick and offers the OEM integration.
NavPoint: The NavPoint solution offers users improved functionality in accessing and managing content in handheld devices through specifically designed navigation controls, including short- and long-distance scrolling features, tapping, and mouse-like cursor navigation.
ClearPad: The companys ClearPad touchscreen solution consists of a transparent, thin capacitive sensor that can be
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. SYNAPTICS INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. SYNAPTICS INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. SYNAPTICS INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. SYNAPTICS INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. SYNAPTICS INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Synaptics Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Synaptics Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Synaptics Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Synaptics Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Synaptics Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. SYNAPTICS INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. SYNAPTICS INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. SYNAPTICS INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. SYNAPTICS INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. SYNAPTICS INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. SYNAPTICS INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Synaptics Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Synaptics Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Synaptics Inc. Major Shareholders
Synaptics Inc. History
Synaptics Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Synaptics Inc. Offices and Representations
Synaptics Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Synaptics Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Synaptics Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Synaptics Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Statistics
Synaptics Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Synaptics Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Synaptics Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Synaptics Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Synaptics Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Synaptics Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Synaptics Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Synaptics Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?