- The report contains detailed information about Spirent Communications Plc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Spirent Communications Plc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Spirent Communications Plc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Spirent Communications Plc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Spirent Communications Plc. business.
About Spirent Communications Plc.
Spirent Communications plc operates as a communications technology company. The company provides testing and service assurance solutions that enable the development and deployment of next-generation networking technologies such as Ethernet, Triple Play, wireless, satellite positioning, Web applications and security.
The company operates in two business areas: Communications and Systems.
The Communications business comprises two divisions: Performance Analysis, providing test solutions for wireline and wireless technologies, and Service Assurance, providing network monitoring solutions for telecom service providers.
Performance Analysis division of the Communications group develops testing solutions for a range of communications technologies critical to the development of next-generation network equipment and devices. Service Assurance division of the Communications group provides network monitoring and management systems for service providers to assure the quality of their high bandwidth data services. Sales include hardware and software products, as well as maintenance and support services.
Spirent Communications provides tools and systems to communicate. The company develops new test solutions for the engineers working within the Communications industry to evaluate the performance of the technologies to be deployed across the worldwide telecommunications infrastructure. It also provides tools for service technicians and field test engineers.
Spirents Performance Analysis division allows equipment manufacturers, service providers, enterprise and governments to holistically test and benchmark the performance of voice, video and data systems and services in an effort to accelerate the development and deployment of related applications. The company provides the ability to conduct functional, conformance, interoperability, scalability and quality of experience testing under real-world conditions inside and outside the lab.
Spirent delivers wireline and wireless solutions, which address carrier Ethernet, data center, IMS, IPTV, location based, Long Term Evolution (LTE), satellite, Triple Play, WiMax, 3G wireless and other emerging technologies. Spirents service assurance solutions allow service providers to diagnose, troubleshoot and determine how to resolve issues with networks and systems within the live network, as well as address the transition to nextgeneration service offerings.
Systems group consist of PG Drives Technology, which develops power control systems for electrical vehicles in the mobility and industrial markets. It operates as a supplier of electronic control systems for electrically powered vehicles in the mobility and industrial markets. These include medical vehicles such as powered wheelchairs and mobility scooters, as well as industrial vehicles such as floor cleaning vehicles, golf carts, fork-lift trucks and aerial access platforms.
Spirent Communications plc was founded in 1936.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. SPIRENT COMMUNICATIONS PLC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. SPIRENT COMMUNICATIONS PLC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. SPIRENT COMMUNICATIONS PLC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. SPIRENT COMMUNICATIONS PLC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. SPIRENT COMMUNICATIONS PLC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Spirent Communications Plc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Spirent Communications Plc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Spirent Communications Plc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Spirent Communications Plc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Spirent Communications Plc. Industry Position Analysis
6. SPIRENT COMMUNICATIONS PLC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. SPIRENT COMMUNICATIONS PLC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. SPIRENT COMMUNICATIONS PLC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UK PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. SPIRENT COMMUNICATIONS PLC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. SPIRENT COMMUNICATIONS PLC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. SPIRENT COMMUNICATIONS PLC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Spirent Communications Plc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Spirent Communications Plc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Spirent Communications Plc. Major Shareholders
Spirent Communications Plc. History
Spirent Communications Plc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Spirent Communications Plc. Offices and Representations
Spirent Communications Plc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Spirent Communications Plc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Spirent Communications Plc. Capital Market Snapshot
Spirent Communications Plc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Statistics
Spirent Communications Plc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Spirent Communications Plc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Spirent Communications Plc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Spirent Communications Plc. 1-year Stock Charts
Spirent Communications Plc. 5-year Stock Charts
Spirent Communications Plc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Spirent Communications Plc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Spirent Communications Plc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?