- The report contains detailed information about SMART Modular Technologies (WWH) Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for SMART Modular Technologies (WWH) Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The SMART Modular Technologies (WWH) Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes SMART Modular Technologies (WWH) Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of SMART Modular Technologies (WWH) Inc. business.
About SMART Modular Technologies (WWH) Inc.
SMART Modular Technologies (WWH), Inc. engages in the design, manufacture, and supply of value added subsystems primarily to original equipment manufacturers (OEMs).
The companys subsystem products include memory modules and solid state storage products, such as embedded flash and Solid State Drives (SSDs).
The company also offers supply chain services, including procurement, logistics, inventory management, temporary warehousing, kitting, and packaging services. Its products and services are used for a variety of applications in the computing, networking, communications, printer, storage, defense and industrial markets worldwide. Products that incorporate the companys subsystems include servers, routers, switches, storage systems, workstations, personal computers (PCs), notebooks, printers and gaming machines.
Products and Services
The company offers its products and services in the following two segments: the design, manufacture and distribution of memory modules, embedded computing subsystems, and display products (Memory, Display & Embedded segment); and the design, manufacture, and distribution of industrial data storage products, such as high capacity SSDs (Adtron segment).
Memory Products and Services
DRAM Modules: The company offers a lineup of Dynamic Random Access Memory (DRAM) modules utilizing a range of DRAM technologies from legacy Fast Page/Extended-Data-Out (FP/EDO) and Synchronous DRAM (SDRAM) to double-data-rate (DDR), DDR2, and high performance DDR3 DRAM devices. These modules encompass a range of form factors and functions, including the older single in-line memory modules (SIMMs) and dual in-line memory modules (DIMMs), fully-buffered DIMMS (FB DIMMS), small outline dual in-line memory modules (SO-DIMMs), and very low profile (VLP) DIMMs and mini-DIMMs for space-constrained blade servers, or 1.75 inch thin computing servers and networking applications. These memory modules come in configurations of up to 244 pins and densities of up to 32GB.
SRAM: The company provides SRAM based SIMMs, DIMMs and SO-DIMMs for industrial and other applications. Its SRAM modules are used in communication systems, point of sale terminals, electronic verification equipment, industrial instrumentation, medical instruments, disk drives, servers, graphics products and workstations. The company manufactures and markets SRAM modules in a variety of form factors and capacities.
Product-Related Logistics and Services: The companys logistics and services offerings are modified to meet the specific needs of customers. It offers custom supply chain services, including procurement, logistics, inventory management, temporary warehousing, kitting and packaging services.
Solid State Storage Products
Solid State Drives: The company designs and manufactures solid state drives (or SSDs) for two focus markets, enterprise and defense/industrial. Within the enterprise market, the company addresses enterprise storage, high performance computing, blade servers, network attached storage and direct attached storage. Within the defense/industrial markets, the company addresses defense ground, aerospace, industrial automation, medical and transportation. Its solid state drives come in a range of interfaces (SCSI, SATA, SAS, IDE) and the following form factors: 1.8 inches, 2.5 inches and 3.5 inches.
Embedded Storage Products Flash Memory Cards and Modules: The company designs and manufactures flash memory products in a variety of form factors and capacities. Its range of flash memory products come in CompactFlash, PC Card, Key Drives, Embedded USB (EUSB), iSATA Drives, uSATA Drives, SCDD, Mini IDE Drives, PCIe Drives and module form factors that utilize ATA, Linear, IDE, SATA and USB technologies for data and code storage applications.
Sales and Marketing
The companys sales organization utilizes a network of independent sales representatives located throughout North America, Latin America, Europe and Asia. It has sales offices in North America, Latin America, Europe, and Asia.
The companys customers include Hewlett-Packard, Cisco Systems, and Dell.
The company, in the memory module and flash card industry, competes against semiconductor suppliers that maintain captive memory module and flash card production capabilities, including Hynix, Micron, Samsung, Elpida, and Nanya. Other primary competitors in the memory module and flash card industry include NetList, STEC, Viking InterWorks (a Sanmina-SCI company), SanDisk, Western Digital, Unigen and Wintec.
In the industrial and telecom markets, the companys primary competitors for embedded flash are STEC, Western Digital and Viking InterWorks (a Sanmina-SCI company).
SMART Modular Technologies (WWH), Inc. was founded in 1988.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. SMART MODULAR TECHNOLOGIES (WWH) INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. SMART MODULAR TECHNOLOGIES (WWH) INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. SMART MODULAR TECHNOLOGIES (WWH) INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. SMART MODULAR TECHNOLOGIES (WWH) INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. SMART MODULAR TECHNOLOGIES (WWH) INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. SMART Modular Technologies (WWH) Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of SMART Modular Technologies (WWH) Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of SMART Modular Technologies (WWH) Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. SMART Modular Technologies (WWH) Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. SMART Modular Technologies (WWH) Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. SMART MODULAR TECHNOLOGIES (WWH) INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. SMART MODULAR TECHNOLOGIES (WWH) INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. SMART MODULAR TECHNOLOGIES (WWH) INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. SMART MODULAR TECHNOLOGIES (WWH) INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. SMART MODULAR TECHNOLOGIES (WWH) INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. SMART MODULAR TECHNOLOGIES (WWH) INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
SMART Modular Technologies (WWH) Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
SMART Modular Technologies (WWH) Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
SMART Modular Technologies (WWH) Inc. Major Shareholders
SMART Modular Technologies (WWH) Inc. History
SMART Modular Technologies (WWH) Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
SMART Modular Technologies (WWH) Inc. Offices and Representations
SMART Modular Technologies (WWH) Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
SMART Modular Technologies (WWH) Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
SMART Modular Technologies (WWH) Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
SMART Modular Technologies (WWH) Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Statistics
SMART Modular Technologies (WWH) Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
SMART Modular Technologies (WWH) Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
SMART Modular Technologies (WWH) Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
SMART Modular Technologies (WWH) Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
SMART Modular Technologies (WWH) Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
SMART Modular Technologies (WWH) Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
SMART Modular Technologies (WWH) Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
SMART Modular Technologies (WWH) Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?