- The report contains detailed information about Sierra Wireless Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Sierra Wireless Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Sierra Wireless Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Sierra Wireless Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Sierra Wireless Inc. business.
About Sierra Wireless Inc.
Sierra Wireless, Inc. provides wireless solutions for the mobile computing and machine-to-machine (M2M) markets. The company develops and markets a range of products that include wireless modems for mobile computers, embedded modules and software for original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), intelligent wireless gateway solutions for industrial, commercial and public safety applications, and a platform for delivering device management and application services. It sells its products primarily through indirect channels, including wireless operators, OEMs, distributors, and value added resellers.
The company operates in the wireless communications solutions industry through following segments: Mobile Computing segment and Wavecom segment.
Mobile Computing Segment
The Mobile Computing segment comprises Mobile computing, which includes its AirCard branded PC cards and USB modems that are developed and sold to wireless operators around the world, as well as embedded wireless solutions that are used by a range of original equipment manufacturers to wirelessly enable their products and solutions; and Machine-to-machine, which includes its rugged mobile and M2M gateway solutions that consist of intelligent modems that are sold to public safety, transportation, field service, energy, industrial, and financial organizations.
The companys mobile computing products are used by businesses, consumers, and government organizations to enable high speed wireless access to a range of applications, including the Internet, e-mail, corporate intranet, remote databases, and corporate and consumer applications. Its line-up of embedded wireless solutions is used by a range of OEMs to wirelessly enable their products and solutions. Its OEM customers cover a range of industries, including mobile computing, networking equipment, automotive, energy, security, transaction processing, industrial control and monitoring, and fleet management.
The Wavecom segment includes its wireless module platforms and solutions acquired with its acquisition of Wavecom S.A., which integrates the necessary software and hardware on embedded devices for M2M and automotive communications.
Products and Services
The companys product line of wireless modem solutions includes wide-area wireless AirCard products, embedded modules for notebook computers and other electronic devices, vehicle-mounted modems, M2M modems, and enabling software. The company has various new products under development within these product lines. Its professional services team provides OEM customers with wireless product development support to integrate its wireless wide-area products into their products.
AirCard Mobile Broadband Devices
The companys AirCard product family includes its AirCard branded PC cards and USB modems. Its AirCards plug into the PC card, ExpressCard or USB ports of notebook and desktop computers, as well as other products, such as network routers. The companys AirCard products support EV-DO and HSPA technologies and are sold to wireless operators worldwide. During 2009, the company began shipping various new HSPA USB modems, including its Compass 889 HSPA USB modem to CSL Limited, its AirCard USB 306/307 modems to Telstra and CSL Limited, the mobile broadband modem for High Speed Packet Access Plus (HSPA+) networks, its AirCard USB 308/309 modems to Telstra, its second generation products for the HSPA+ networks, and its AirCard USB 301/302 modems for HSPA networks that combine a new design and streamlined feature set for the value-driven consumer market. In 2009, the company began commercially shipping the AT&T USBConnect Lightning, also known as the Sierra Wireless USB 305 for HSPA networks, to AT&T.
The companys AirCard USB 598 modem for EV-DO Rev A networks was launched with Telus Communications Company (Telus) during 2009, which is the CDMA operator using its TRU-Update feature, a managed service providing automatic firmware, driver and application updates. The company also began shipping two new ExpressCards, including its AirCard 402 for EV-DO Rev A networks, a 2-in-1 mobile broadband card designed to fit both
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. SIERRA WIRELESS INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. SIERRA WIRELESS INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. SIERRA WIRELESS INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. SIERRA WIRELESS INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. SIERRA WIRELESS INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Sierra Wireless Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Sierra Wireless Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Sierra Wireless Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Sierra Wireless Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Sierra Wireless Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. SIERRA WIRELESS INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. SIERRA WIRELESS INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. SIERRA WIRELESS INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CANADA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. SIERRA WIRELESS INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. SIERRA WIRELESS INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. SIERRA WIRELESS INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Sierra Wireless Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Sierra Wireless Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Sierra Wireless Inc. Major Shareholders
Sierra Wireless Inc. History
Sierra Wireless Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Sierra Wireless Inc. Offices and Representations
Sierra Wireless Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Sierra Wireless Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Sierra Wireless Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Sierra Wireless Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Statistics
Sierra Wireless Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Sierra Wireless Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Sierra Wireless Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Sierra Wireless Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Sierra Wireless Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Sierra Wireless Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Sierra Wireless Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Sierra Wireless Inc. Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?