- The report contains detailed information about QSound Labs Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for QSound Labs Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The QSound Labs Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes QSound Labs Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of QSound Labs Inc. business.
About QSound Labs Inc.
QSound Labs, Inc. focuses on the development, licensing and distribution of audio enhancement algorithms and software to semiconductor/component and OEM licensees in the mobile devices, consumer electronics and personal computer industries.
The company, in 2007, added six licensees for microQ, its audio software engine for portable applications, in the mobile and handheld devices market, and six consumer electronics and PC licensees for audio enhancement. Its subsidiary QCommerce, Inc. provides e-commerce enabling services to small business merchants.
The company was engaged in three business segments in 2007:
Audio Business segment: The company develops, markets, and distributes multimedia software solutions and licenses algorithms based on its patented, proprietary audio technology portfolio. It licenses to original equipment manufacturers and chip manufacturers in the mobile and handheld devices, consumer electronics, and computer multimedia markets and by selling downloadable software products for Internet streaming audio, primarily through third parties and also directly, to consumers over the Internet.
E-commerce Business segment: The companys wholly owned subsidiary, QCommerce, Inc. provides electronic commerce services that enable electronic commerce for small businesses. QCommerce provides its existing client base of Web merchants with all of the tools necessary to set up and operate an on-line store, and with marketing and advertising services to drive targeted traffic to the store.
Internet Telephony Business segment: The companys wholly owned subsidiary QTelNet, Inc. sells its telephony products.
Audio Business segment
The company engages in the development, marketing, and distribution of audio enhancement and audio synthesis technologies, and audio engines. The QSOUND portfolio of proprietary technologies includes a suite of virtual audio, reverberation, synthesis and enhancement algorithms, as well as all of the components required to create custom software audio engines, namely, a music synthesizer, a digital audio playback engine, a sample rate converter and a mixer.
QSOUND technologies are shipped in: mobile phones and PDAs, DVD players, home theatre systems, TVs and VCRs, stereo systems, amplified and USB speakers, PCs and PC peripherals including sound cards, speakers and monitors, and video games.
QSOUND Portfolio of Technologies
The company concentrates on the development and upgrading of a suite of proprietary technologies to cover all aspects of enhanced audio and audio synthesis requirements in the mobile devices, multimedia computer and consumer electronics industries. The QSOUND portfolio consists of:
microQ: microQ is a modular and scalable software digital audio engine providing functions such as polyphonic ringtones, game sound, music playback, digital effects and recording for portable and embedded applications in the growing hand-held and mobile devices markets. microQ offers a modular architecture, a small memory footprint and support for industry standard (linear and compressed) content formats. microQ's main components consist of a digital audio playback engine, a wavetable synthesis engine with a scalable sample set, a multi-channel stereo mixer, a sample rate converter, and a voice chat module that enables Internet communication using VoIP technology.
3D Audio Algorithms
Q3D: Q3D 2.0 is the companys interactive sound positioning technology, which places multiple individual sounds in specific locations outside of the bounds of stereo speakers and headphones, and positions sound with equal effectiveness via multiple speaker systems. Q3D 2.0 also includes QSound Environmental Modeling (QEM), a reverberation engine which is compatible with the EAX (Environmental Audio Extensions) API from Creative Labs, Inc.
QSURROUND: QSURROUND creates virtual surround sound for audio played back over two speaker and headphone entertainment systems. Using QSURROUND, decoded Dolby Digital, Dolby ProLogic and MPEG2 multi-channel audio streams can be played back over only two speakers, while maintaining the illusion of a multi-sp
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. QSOUND LABS INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. QSOUND LABS INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. QSOUND LABS INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. QSOUND LABS INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. QSOUND LABS INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. QSound Labs Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of QSound Labs Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of QSound Labs Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. QSound Labs Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. QSound Labs Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. QSOUND LABS INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. QSOUND LABS INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. QSOUND LABS INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CANADA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. QSOUND LABS INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. QSOUND LABS INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. QSOUND LABS INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
QSound Labs Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
QSound Labs Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
QSound Labs Inc. Major Shareholders
QSound Labs Inc. History
QSound Labs Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
QSound Labs Inc. Offices and Representations
QSound Labs Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
QSound Labs Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
QSound Labs Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
QSound Labs Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Statistics
QSound Labs Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
QSound Labs Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
QSound Labs Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
QSound Labs Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
QSound Labs Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
QSound Labs Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
QSound Labs Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
QSound Labs Inc. Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?