- The report contains detailed information about Planar Systems Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Planar Systems Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Planar Systems Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Planar Systems Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Planar Systems Inc. business.
About Planar Systems Inc.
Planar Systems, Inc. provides specialty display solutions for customers in industrial, command and control, specialty home theater, and commercial markets. The companys products include display components, completed displays, display systems, and software based on various flat panel and projection technologies.
The company delivers products for various uses and categorizes the markets it serves as follows: Custom and Embedded, Video Wall, Information Technology, and High-end Home.
Custom and Embedded
The company utilizes its historical core competency in Electroluminescent (EL) technologies and employs these technologies to focus on providing customized, embedded, and ruggedized displays to Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) and other system suppliers. Key technologies used in products sold to this market also include customized Active-Matrix Liquid Crystal Display (AMLCD) panels. These technologies are used in various applications and industries, including instrumentation, medical equipment, vehicle dashboards, indoor and outdoor digital signage, and military applications.
The company serves the video wall display market by offering high-resolution LCD video walls and rear-projection cube video walls for use in large venue digital signage, as well as various control room installations. It has marketed these products under the Clarity brand. Digital signage video wall installations are used in a growing list of retail, airport, sports arena, and other locations while control room installations are typically found in the security, governmental, telecom, energy, industrial, broadcast, and transportation sectors.
Information Technology (IT)
The company capitalizes on its supply chain, logistics, and distribution relationships to sell various primarily LCD based displays to the IT market. These strong relationships give it the ability to drive revenues in various product categories, including desktop monitors, touch displays, widescreen monitors, and front-projection equipment through its network of IT resellers.
The company serves the high-end home market with its high-performance home theater front-projection systems, video processing equipment, large-format thin displays, and accessories. It has sold these products under the Runco brand. Its Runco products are primarily sold to its network of custom home installation dealers in the United States.
The company operates sales offices in North America, Europe, and Asia.
The companys customer includes CDW.
In display systems, including AMLCD components sourced from manufacturers, the companys specialty display products compete against those of NEC, Mitsubishi, Viewsonic, and Dell. Its competitors for the Video Wall market include Barco, Mitsubishi Electric, Eyevis, and Christie Digital Systems, Inc. Its High-end Home products primarily compete against those of SIM2, Marantz, Dreamvision, Digital Projection International, and Panasonic Premiere.
Planar Systems, Inc. was founded in 1983.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. PLANAR SYSTEMS INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. PLANAR SYSTEMS INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. PLANAR SYSTEMS INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. PLANAR SYSTEMS INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. PLANAR SYSTEMS INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Planar Systems Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Planar Systems Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Planar Systems Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Planar Systems Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Planar Systems Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. PLANAR SYSTEMS INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. PLANAR SYSTEMS INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. PLANAR SYSTEMS INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. PLANAR SYSTEMS INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. PLANAR SYSTEMS INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. PLANAR SYSTEMS INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Planar Systems Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Planar Systems Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Planar Systems Inc. Major Shareholders
Planar Systems Inc. History
Planar Systems Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Planar Systems Inc. Offices and Representations
Planar Systems Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Planar Systems Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Planar Systems Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Planar Systems Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Statistics
Planar Systems Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Planar Systems Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Planar Systems Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Planar Systems Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Planar Systems Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Planar Systems Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Planar Systems Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Planar Systems Inc. Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?