- The report contains detailed information about Newport Digital Technologies, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Newport Digital Technologies, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Newport Digital Technologies, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Newport Digital Technologies, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Newport Digital Technologies, Inc. business.
About Newport Digital Technologies, Inc.
Newport Digital Technologies, Inc., a development stage company, engages in the development, positioning, and marketing of various wireless technology solutions.
The company, through strategic alliances with other companies, has developed a portfolio of activities in the following wireless technologies: RFID (radio frequency identification); WiMax; Digital Signage/LED lighting; and Security & Surveillance solutions.
The company has a strategic alliance with two Taiwan technology research and development companies, the Institute Information Industry (III) and Industrial Technology Research Institute (ITRI). III and ITRI are jointly sponsored by the Taiwan government and private enterprises, for the purpose of strengthening the developments of information industry in Taiwan. Through III, ITRI and the company's own resources, it has access to IT engineers, manufacturers, and suppliers in Taiwan, China, and Japan. Its target markets include medium to large business to business enterprises.
The company, in conjunction with III and ITRI, is working toward commercializing RFID technology solutions. These include a line of mobile computing products and solutions targeted toward RFID field applications for asset tracking, inventory management, and point-of-sale for various vertical business to business markets. These RFID products would include electronic product code (EPC), global certification laboratories, ruggedized, military/commercial-grade RFID enabled, mobile handheld/tablet computers, RFID forklifts, and RFID tags.
RFID Reader Chip: The company has an agreement with ITRI to distribute an RFID reader system that is integrated to work with an RFID chip with a patented 5-layer security. This reader is being packaged together with the companys N37B military grade (ruggedized) handheld mobile computer with RFID reader, GPS, and 3G cellular data communication options which would be marketed through global channel distributors.
Handheld RFID Field Computer: The company has entered into a distribution agreement with Ingram Micro, a technology distribution and SI company, for the launch of its version of the N37B military grade (ruggedized) handheld computer with RFID, 3G wireless, and GPS.
Portable RFID Readers: The company has entered into an agreement with III and ITRI to distribute EPC Gen 2 Class 1 Passive Reader Module. The miniaturized RFID reader module is a front-end device designed for a portable RFID reader.
Digital Signage: Through its relationship with III, the company has entered into a strategic relationship with FormoLight Technologies, Inc., a Taiwan-based professional manufacturer specializing in LED Display Systems for both indoors and outdoors and LED street lighting systems. FormoLight also provides integral services in project management, customized software, installations, testing, and maintenance.
The company intends to market and sell digital signage solutions through collaboration with AT&T, integrating AT&Ts wireless network capabilities into the digital signage solution.
Surveillance: III and ITRI have developed security and surveillance technologies which the company intends to market and sell, and which provide security solutions for national border, port, home, business, and public environments.
VOIP: The company has entered a strategic relationship with Tecom, a telecommunications company based in Taiwan, to develop VOIP solutions, including a wireless VOIP consumer handset and commercial grade non-KSU VOIP phone system for business.
The company had signed an agreement with the III and GIL Technologies of Taiwan to sell and install WiMax technology in Northern Italy.
WiMax: The company has signed a licensing agreement for Microsofts mobile operating platform, for use in telecommunications products, including its N37B handheld computer with advanced RFID capability.
The company has been developing business strategies to market its anticipated products, services, and technologies through systems integrators and companies, and government agencies in the U.S. and international markets. The end user target markets include medium to large business-to-business customers in information technology, retail, telecommunications, medical, logistics, and defense markets.
RFID: The companys primary competitor in the RFID handheld is Motorola. Other RFID handheld competitors include, Unitech, Advantech, and USI. In the RFID tag space, the primary competitors include Avery Dennison and Raflatac.
Security and Surveillance: The companys primary competitors in the security surveillance space is BRS Labs, 3VR, Aventura Technologies, and Sarnoff Corporation.
Digital Signage: The companys competitors in the digital signage space include Panasonic, LG, Samsung, Vizio, Sharp, and Toshiba.
WiMax: The companys competitors for WiMax base stations include Alvarion, Tecom, and Fujitsu.
VOIP: The companys competitors for VOIP market space include Belkin, Vertical, AT&T, and Verizon.
The company was founded in 1996. It was formerly known as Golden Choice Foods Corporation and changed its name International Food Products Group, Inc. in 2001; and to Newport Digital Technologies, Inc. in 2009.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. NEWPORT DIGITAL TECHNOLOGIES, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. NEWPORT DIGITAL TECHNOLOGIES, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. NEWPORT DIGITAL TECHNOLOGIES, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. NEWPORT DIGITAL TECHNOLOGIES, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. NEWPORT DIGITAL TECHNOLOGIES, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Newport Digital Technologies, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Newport Digital Technologies, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Newport Digital Technologies, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Newport Digital Technologies, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Newport Digital Technologies, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. NEWPORT DIGITAL TECHNOLOGIES, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. NEWPORT DIGITAL TECHNOLOGIES, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. NEWPORT DIGITAL TECHNOLOGIES, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. NEWPORT DIGITAL TECHNOLOGIES, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. NEWPORT DIGITAL TECHNOLOGIES, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. NEWPORT DIGITAL TECHNOLOGIES, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Newport Digital Technologies, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Newport Digital Technologies, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Newport Digital Technologies, Inc. Major Shareholders
Newport Digital Technologies, Inc. History
Newport Digital Technologies, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Newport Digital Technologies, Inc. Offices and Representations
Newport Digital Technologies, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Newport Digital Technologies, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Newport Digital Technologies, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Newport Digital Technologies, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Statistics
Newport Digital Technologies, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Newport Digital Technologies, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Newport Digital Technologies, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Newport Digital Technologies, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Newport Digital Technologies, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Newport Digital Technologies, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Newport Digital Technologies, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Newport Digital Technologies, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?