- The report contains detailed information about MRV Communications Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for MRV Communications Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The MRV Communications Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes MRV Communications Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of MRV Communications Inc. business.
About MRV Communications Inc.
MRV Communications, Inc. supplies communications solutions to telecommunications service providers, enterprises, and governments worldwide. The companys products enable its customers to provide high-bandwidth data and video services and mobile communications services.
The company conducts its business in three principal segments: Network Equipment Group; Network Integration group; and Optical Components group.
The Network Equipment group designs, develops, and manufactures communications infrastructure solutions that enable the access, transport, aggregation, and management of various types of communications traffic for fixed-line and mobile communications networks. Its solutions are purchased by telecommunications service providers, mobile communications service providers, cable service providers, enterprises, and governments worldwide. These solutions include switches, routers, physical layer products, and console management products. Through a wholly-owned subsidiary headquartered in Switzerland, the company also designs, develops, and sells specialized networking products for aerospace and defense applications.
The Network Integration group operates through four subsidiaries in France, Italy, Switzerland and Scandinavia. Collectively, the company services international and regional telecommunications service providers, large enterprises, and government institutions. The Network Integration group provides network system architecture and integration services, and procurement and distribution services for products that are manufactured by its Network Equipment group, as well as products developed and manufactured by third-party vendors.
The Optical Components group comprises its subsidiary Source Photonics, Inc, and it designs, manufactures, and sells optical components and subassemblies used in telecommunications systems and data communications networks. These products include passive optical network (PON), subsystems, optical transceivers used in enterprise, access and metropolitan applications, and other optical components, modules and subsystems. Source Photonics is a provider of optical subsystems used in fiber-to-the-premises (FTTP) and fiber-to-the-home (FTTH) deployments which telecommunications service providers are using to deliver video, voice and data services.
Products and Services
The company provides integrated secure network equipment and services connecting analog and digital data, voice, and video within buildings and across private networks located in multiple buildings, such as college and corporate environments, and in metropolitan and regional areas. The companys products and services include optical transport products; metro Ethernet products; out-of-band networking products; fiber optic components and subsystems; and networking integration and services.
Optical Transport Products
The LambdaDriver and Fiber Driver product families include PON subsystems and optical transceivers utilized in the enterprise, access, and metropolitan segments of telecommunications networks, as well as other optical components, modules and subsystems. Optical transport networks enable high-bandwidth video, voice and data services by providing fiber optimization, redundancy, distance extension, media conversion, and security.
The LambdaDriver product family consists of multifunctional and modular WDM systems designed for campus, metropolitan, and regional fiber optic networks. The LambdaDriver Series has the ability to carry approximately 160 wavelengths to distances of various miles in different network topologies, such as ring, star, point-to-point, add / drop configurations, and mesh networks. The systems use an architecture comprising three different chassis: LD 400, LD 800 and LD 1600, and various plug-in modules supporting multiple data, voice and video protocols, up to speeds of 10Gbps per channel.
The Fiber Driver Series provides a range of solutions for media conversion from copper to fiber, signal restoration, signal boosting, and fiber optimization, including WDM capabilities. The Fiber Driver Series includes approximately 100 modules providing a managed fiber infras
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. MRV COMMUNICATIONS INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. MRV COMMUNICATIONS INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. MRV COMMUNICATIONS INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. MRV COMMUNICATIONS INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. MRV COMMUNICATIONS INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. MRV Communications Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of MRV Communications Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of MRV Communications Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. MRV Communications Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. MRV Communications Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. MRV COMMUNICATIONS INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. MRV COMMUNICATIONS INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. MRV COMMUNICATIONS INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. MRV COMMUNICATIONS INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. MRV COMMUNICATIONS INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. MRV COMMUNICATIONS INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
MRV Communications Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
MRV Communications Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
MRV Communications Inc. Major Shareholders
MRV Communications Inc. History
MRV Communications Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
MRV Communications Inc. Offices and Representations
MRV Communications Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
MRV Communications Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
MRV Communications Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
MRV Communications Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Statistics
MRV Communications Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
MRV Communications Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
MRV Communications Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
MRV Communications Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
MRV Communications Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
MRV Communications Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
MRV Communications Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
MRV Communications Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?