- The report contains detailed information about Mad Catz Interactive Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Mad Catz Interactive Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Mad Catz Interactive Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Mad Catz Interactive Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Mad Catz Interactive Inc. business.
About Mad Catz Interactive Inc.
Mad Catz Interactive, Inc. engages in the design, manufacture, marketing, selling, and distribution of accessories for videogame platforms, the personal computer (PC), and the iPod and other audio devices.
The companys accessories are marketed primarily under the Mad Catz, Saitek, Cyborg, Eclipse, Joytech, GameShark, Tritton, and AirDrives brands. It also produces for selected customers a range of products which are marketed on a private label basis. The companys products include videogame, PC, and audio accessories, such as control pads, video cables, steering wheels, joysticks, memory cards, light guns, flight sticks, dance pads, microphones, car adapters, carry cases, mice, keyboards, and headsets. The company also markets videogame enhancement products and publish videogames.
The company entered into a license agreement with Microsoft to produce wired and certain wireless accessories for the Xbox 360. It has entered into an agreement with Nintendo of America, Inc. for rights to offer licensed accessories for the Wii. It also signed an agreement with Sony Computer Entertainment of America Inc. for rights to offer licensed Rock Band videogame compatible wireless Fender American Precision Bass replica, Fender Telecaster replica and Fender full-size, wooden Stratocaster guitar controllers for the PlayStation 3 computer entertainment system. In addition to those products, it offers a line of accessories for the PlayStation 3, which accessories are not licensed by Sony.
The company's personal computer gaming and other accessories are marketed and sold under its Saitek, Cyborg, and Eclipse brands. These products include PC games controllers, comprising joysticks, gamepads and steering wheels; PC input devices, comprised primarily of mice, keyboards and other less significant products such as Web-cams and hubs; digital media speakers for both PCs and the iPod/MP3 market; and chess and intelligent games, which includes chess and bridge computers and related accessories.
The company's principal subsidiaries include Mad Catz, Inc. (MCI), which sells its products in the United States, participates in the design of its products; 1328158 Ontario Inc. (MCC), which sells its products in Canada under the name Mad Catz Canada; Mad Catz Europe, Limited (MCE), which sells its products in Europe; Mad Catz Interactive Asia Limited (MCIA),which is engaged in the engineering, design, contract manufacture, and regional sales of its products; Mad Catz Technological Development (Shenzhen) Co., Ltd. (MCTD), which is engaged in the engineering, design, quality assurance and quality control of its products; and Tritton Technologies Inc., which sells videogame and PC accessories in the United States and elsewhere in the world.
The companys principal markets include the United States, Europe, Canada, and in other countries, such as Australia, Japan, Korea, New Zealand, and Singapore.
The companys products are sold by various videogame and consumer accessories retailers in the world, including Amazon.com, Best Buy, GameStop Inc., Meijer, Target, and Wal-Mart in the United States; Future Shop and GameStop/EB Games in Canada; and ASDA, Argos, Auchan, Carrefour, Currys, Dixons, Electronic Partner, Game, GameStation, GameStop, Media-Saturn, Micromania, PC World, and ProMarkt in Europe.
In May 2010, the company acquired stock of Tritton Technologies Inc., which is in the business of designing, developing, manufacturing (through third parties in Asia), marketing, and selling videogame and PC accessories primarily gaming audio headsets.
The companys principal competitors for videogame and PC accessories include first-party manufacturers Microsoft, Nintendo and Sony; and third-party manufacturers, including Accessories 4 Technology, ALS, Bensussen Deutsch, Big Ben, Core Gamer, Datel, Genius, Griffin Technology, Intec, Hama GmbH & Co KG, Jöllenbeck GmbH, Katana Game Accessories, Inc., Logic3, Logitech, Naki, NYKO, Performance Designed Products LLC, Razer USA Ltd, SteelSeries ApS, Thrustmaster, Trust International B.V., and Vidis GmbH.
Mad Catz Interactive, Inc. was founded in 1989.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. MAD CATZ INTERACTIVE INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. MAD CATZ INTERACTIVE INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. MAD CATZ INTERACTIVE INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. MAD CATZ INTERACTIVE INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. MAD CATZ INTERACTIVE INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Mad Catz Interactive Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Mad Catz Interactive Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Mad Catz Interactive Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Mad Catz Interactive Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Mad Catz Interactive Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. MAD CATZ INTERACTIVE INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. MAD CATZ INTERACTIVE INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. MAD CATZ INTERACTIVE INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. MAD CATZ INTERACTIVE INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. MAD CATZ INTERACTIVE INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. MAD CATZ INTERACTIVE INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Mad Catz Interactive Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Mad Catz Interactive Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Mad Catz Interactive Inc. Major Shareholders
Mad Catz Interactive Inc. History
Mad Catz Interactive Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Mad Catz Interactive Inc. Offices and Representations
Mad Catz Interactive Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Mad Catz Interactive Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Mad Catz Interactive Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Mad Catz Interactive Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Statistics
Mad Catz Interactive Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Mad Catz Interactive Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Mad Catz Interactive Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Mad Catz Interactive Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Mad Catz Interactive Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Mad Catz Interactive Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Mad Catz Interactive Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Mad Catz Interactive Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?