- The report contains detailed information about Innovative Micro Technology, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Innovative Micro Technology, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Innovative Micro Technology, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Innovative Micro Technology, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Innovative Micro Technology, Inc. business.
About Innovative Micro Technology, Inc.
Innovative Micro Technology, Inc. engages in the design and manufacture of micro-electro-mechanical system (MEMS) devices in the United States.
The Companys business activity is at the product development phase for most of its customers. The Company has one customers product that is in low-volume production. The Company fabricates MEMS products on a six-inch silicon wafer which, depending upon the size of the individual part, is cut into multiple finished parts referred to as dies.
Other Lines of Business
The Companys three additional lines of business include 'Santa Barbara Tool & Die', 'IMT Analytical' and leasing of excess space in its owned facility under long-term lease contracts.
Santa Barbara Tool & Die is a precision machining and tooling service that provides customers with prototyping, development and production tool and die manufacturing. Santa Barbara Tool & Dies technology permits precision manufacturing of tooling, and the organization features electron-discharge machining (EDM), which includes metals and ceramics capabilities.
IMT Analytical is a precision semiconductor and MEMS analysis service provider. IMT Analytical laboratory technology includes electron microscopy in various forms and a focused ion beam tool which can make three-dimensional cuts in samples to reveal information as to dimension, material makeup, and material crystal properties.
Santa Barbara Tool & Die and IMT Analytical are both strategic parts of the core company in that their services are used to make the core business, and both also provide service to outside customers. The Company has approximately 51,000 square feet of building space available to lease. As of October 1, 2005, approximately 31,000 square feet were under long term lease arrangements.
Aldagen, Inc. and Innovative Micro Technology, Inc. have formed an alliance to co-develop and commercialize a version of IMT's Rare Cell Purification System, customized specifically for clinical cell therapies. This system, called the ALDESORTER, would be used with Aldagen's ALDESORT product and is designed to isolate stem cell populations for the treatment of chronic heart failure, peripheral vascular disease, leukemias, genetic enzyme deficiencies and other diseases.
The Companys products and services are sold primarily in the United States, Canada and Japan.
The Companys customers are in four categories representing its four business segments: MEMS and wafer customers, machine shop tool and die customers, tenants of excess building space and analytical lab service customers. The Company's customers include L-3; DARPA assistance agreement; OCCAM Networks, Inc.; Marubeni Solutions; Galaxy Scientific; Spectra; and Turnstone Systems, Inc.
The Company competes with independent MEMS manufacturers, including Micralyne, Colibrys, Applied MEMS, Tronics, XFab and Issys. The Company also competes with integrated circuit manufacturers, including Honeywell, Dalsa, Analog Devices, Texas Instruments and Motorola.
Innovative Micro Technology, Inc., formerly known as Applied Magnetics Corporation, was incorporated in 1957. The company changed its name to Innovative Micro Technology, Inc. in 2001.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. INNOVATIVE MICRO TECHNOLOGY, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. INNOVATIVE MICRO TECHNOLOGY, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. INNOVATIVE MICRO TECHNOLOGY, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. INNOVATIVE MICRO TECHNOLOGY, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. INNOVATIVE MICRO TECHNOLOGY, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Innovative Micro Technology, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Innovative Micro Technology, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Innovative Micro Technology, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Innovative Micro Technology, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Innovative Micro Technology, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. INNOVATIVE MICRO TECHNOLOGY, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. INNOVATIVE MICRO TECHNOLOGY, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. INNOVATIVE MICRO TECHNOLOGY, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. INNOVATIVE MICRO TECHNOLOGY, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. INNOVATIVE MICRO TECHNOLOGY, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. INNOVATIVE MICRO TECHNOLOGY, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Innovative Micro Technology, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Innovative Micro Technology, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Innovative Micro Technology, Inc. Major Shareholders
Innovative Micro Technology, Inc. History
Innovative Micro Technology, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Innovative Micro Technology, Inc. Offices and Representations
Innovative Micro Technology, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Innovative Micro Technology, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Innovative Micro Technology, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Innovative Micro Technology, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Statistics
Innovative Micro Technology, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Innovative Micro Technology, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Innovative Micro Technology, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Innovative Micro Technology, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Innovative Micro Technology, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Innovative Micro Technology, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Innovative Micro Technology, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Innovative Micro Technology, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?