- The report contains detailed information about Hutchinson Technology Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Hutchinson Technology Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Hutchinson Technology Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Hutchinson Technology Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Hutchinson Technology Inc. business.
About Hutchinson Technology Inc.
Hutchinson Technology Incorporated engages in the design, development, manufacture, and marketing of suspension assemblies for disk drives.
The company operates in two segments, Disk Drive Components and BioMeasurement.
DISK DRIVE COMPONENTS DIVISION
The Disk Drive Components segment manufactures suspension assemblies for various sizes and types of hard disk drives. Suspension assemblies are critical components of disk drives that hold the read/write heads in position above the spinning magnetic disks.
The company categorizes its products as either suspension assemblies or other products, which consist primarily of reimbursement for engineering services and specific program capacity.
Suspension Assemblies: During 2010, the company shipped 512 million suspension assemblies. The company shipped TSA, TSA+ and conventional suspension assemblies, as well as suspensions using purchased additive flexures, to its customers. It produces suspension assemblies using its additive and its subtractive manufacturing processes. The companys TSA+ suspensions are the plan of record on multiple customer programs.
Customers and Marketing
The company sells its suspension assemblies to original equipment manufacturers for use in their products and to sub-assemblers who sell to original equipment manufacturers. It is a supplier to various manufacturers of disk drives and head-gimbal assemblers. Its major customers include Western Digital Corporation; SAE Magnetics, Ltd/TDK Corporation; Seagate Technology, LLC; Hitachi and affiliates; and Toshiba Corporation. Its major customers are located in Thailand, Hong Kong, and the Philippines.
The companys principal competitors for suspension assemblies are Nihon Hatsujo Kabusikigaisha (NHK); Magnecomp Precision Technology Public Company Limited (MPT), a subsidiary of TDK Corporation; and NAT Peripheral (H.K.) Co., Ltd., (a joint venture of NHK and SAE Magnetics, Ltd./TDK Corporation). Its principal competitors in producing suspension flexures are Nitto Denko Corporation and Dai Nippon Corporation.
The BioMeasurement division focuses on bringing new technologies and products to the market that provide information clinicians can use to improve the quality of health care.
The company has designed the InSpectra StO2 System for use in trauma, critical care, and emergency medicine settings where there is a need to directly monitor the compromised tissue perfusion associated with hemorrhagic and other forms of shock. The system consists of the InSpectra StO2 Tissue Oxygenation Monitor and the InSpectra StO2 Sensor. The device provides a measure of local tissue oxygen saturation (StO2), which quantifies the ratio of oxygenated hemoglobin to total hemoglobin in the microcirculation of skeletal or peripheral muscle. This measurement helps clinicians instantly assess and detect changes in the patients overall perfusion status, enabling them to make treatment decisions in critical care settings.
The InSpectra StO2 System uses a near infrared spectroscopy to provide a measurement of StO2 in muscle tissue. The InSpectra StO2 Tissue Oxygenation Monitor is configured for use with the single-use sensor, which is applied to the thenar eminence (the muscle at the base of the thumb on the palm side of the hand).
The companys customers include major medical centers primarily in the United States and Europe.
Hutchinson Technology Incorporated was founded in 1965.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. HUTCHINSON TECHNOLOGY INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. HUTCHINSON TECHNOLOGY INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. HUTCHINSON TECHNOLOGY INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. HUTCHINSON TECHNOLOGY INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. HUTCHINSON TECHNOLOGY INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Hutchinson Technology Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Hutchinson Technology Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Hutchinson Technology Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Hutchinson Technology Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Hutchinson Technology Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. HUTCHINSON TECHNOLOGY INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. HUTCHINSON TECHNOLOGY INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. HUTCHINSON TECHNOLOGY INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. HUTCHINSON TECHNOLOGY INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. HUTCHINSON TECHNOLOGY INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. HUTCHINSON TECHNOLOGY INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Hutchinson Technology Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Hutchinson Technology Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Hutchinson Technology Inc. Major Shareholders
Hutchinson Technology Inc. History
Hutchinson Technology Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Hutchinson Technology Inc. Offices and Representations
Hutchinson Technology Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Hutchinson Technology Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Hutchinson Technology Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Hutchinson Technology Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Statistics
Hutchinson Technology Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Hutchinson Technology Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Hutchinson Technology Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Hutchinson Technology Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Hutchinson Technology Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Hutchinson Technology Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Hutchinson Technology Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Hutchinson Technology Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?