- The report contains detailed information about Comverge, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Comverge, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Comverge, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Comverge, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Comverge, Inc. business.
About Comverge, Inc.
Comverge, Inc., a clean energy company, provides demand management solutions to electric utilities, grid operators, and associated electricity markets in the form of peaking and base load capacity. The company provides capacity to its customers either through long-term contracts or through open markets in which it actively manages electrical demand or by selling its demand response systems to customers for their operation.
The company operates through three segments: the Utility Products & Services segment, the Residential Business segment, and the Commercial & Industrial Business segment.
Utility Products & Services
The Utility Products & Services Segment offers a range of products from basic one-way load control switches to smart thermostats, in-home displays, and two-way data collection and control systems. The company's customer, Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI), involves using hardware and software products to enable two-way communication between the utility and the home. Enabling two-way communication offers the utility and homeowner real-time information on energy usage, service disruption, and billing information. The typical sale involves both hardware and software.
The company provides the hardware that is installed at a utility consumers location on high-energy consumption equipment, such as central air conditioning. Its software applications send wireless messages to manage and control its hardware. Upon receiving the messages, its hardware, in turn, reduces the length of time the equipment operates, thereby making electric capacity available to the utility. The companys advanced metering products consist of its hardware that is installed at a utilitys residential or business customers electric meter. These devices collect information from the meter and transmit it through a software application where it is then stored on servers. This information is used by the utility to manage electricity consumption, analyze usage trends and generate billing information.
The companys products address the entire range of the smart grid market because its products include one and two-way devices and communication mode, including wireless internet, VHF paging, telephone, broadband cable, cellular and radio frequency communication. The following summarizes the products reported through its Utility Products & Services segment:
Apollo Demand Response Management System Software: This is a demand response platform capable of integrating with legacy paging systems and future AMI deployments, with the ability to provide two-way communication between utilities and their customers of all classes, including commercial and industrial customers, small business owners, and residential customers.
Load Management Solutions: These solutions are offered by the utility to residential customers who are typically on a fixed rate from the utility. The companys load management solutions include products, such as the digital control unit and Superstat smart thermostat, and In-Home Display, as well as PowerCAMP load management software. These solutions offer the customer a way to manage, operate and maintain the electrical load.
Advanced Meter Reading Systems: These are offered by the utility to residential and small commercial customers that are on a time-of-use rate system and also used for frequent meter reading by commercial and industrial customers. The companys advanced meter reading systems include products, such as Maingate Home and Maingate Commercial and Industrial as well as PowerCAMP metering software. These solutions offer the customer a way to collect, manage and analyze the use of electrical load.
Virtual SCADA Systems: These are offered to electric utilities to monitor and control distribution equipment and systems, such as substations, grid equipment and remote generators. The companys virtual SCADA systems include products, such as digital capacitor control and service reconnect/disconnect devices, as well as complementing PowerCAMP real-time software.
The Utility Products & Services segment also offers load control programs, which is referred to as turnkey programs. Its turnk
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. COMVERGE, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. COMVERGE, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. COMVERGE, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. COMVERGE, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. COMVERGE, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Comverge, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Comverge, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Comverge, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Comverge, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Comverge, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. COMVERGE, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. COMVERGE, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. COMVERGE, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. COMVERGE, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. COMVERGE, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. COMVERGE, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Comverge, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Comverge, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Comverge, Inc. Major Shareholders
Comverge, Inc. History
Comverge, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Comverge, Inc. Offices and Representations
Comverge, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Comverge, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Comverge, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Comverge, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Statistics
Comverge, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Comverge, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Comverge, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Comverge, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Comverge, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Comverge, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Comverge, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Comverge, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?