- The report contains detailed information about General Datacomm Industries Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for General Datacomm Industries Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The General Datacomm Industries Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes General Datacomm Industries Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of General Datacomm Industries Inc. business.
About General Datacomm Industries Inc.
General DataComm Industries, Inc. provides networking and telecommunications products, services and solutions. The company focuses on providing multi service provisioning solutions using multi service access and switching products. It designs, assembles, markets, installs and maintains products that enable telecommunications common carriers, corporations, and governments to build, improve, and manage their global telecommunications networks.
Multiservice Switches - Xedge6000
The Multiservice switching family known as Xedge, manages multiple applications over various transport technologies and is installed in large enterprise and government networks for mission critical applications. The company focuses on converging and migrating legacy TDM, ATM, Frame Relay and other services to packet based (Ethernet, IP, MPLS) architectures. Multiplexers deployed in large enterprise and government networks worldwide.
The companys major product, Xedge6000 is multiservice platform that supports packet based MPLS and Ethernet transmission, as well as Asynchronous Transfer Mode cell switching technology (ATM) based multiservices. Its Packet Cell Switch (PCx) enables multiservices (native Frame Relay, Time Division Multiplexing technology (TDM), Ethernet, ATM, and Internet Protocol) over MPLS, ATM, or Ethernet trunk interfaces. The technology allows service providers and private network operators to offer converged solutions. The companys network manager, ProSphere, facilitates the provisioning and monitoring of the converged service network.
GDC Xedge6000 switches and related Xedge products deliver solutions for public network providers and large private network operators in government, transportation, utilities, energy, and education sectors. It also resells other products (video codecs, integrated access devices, routers, among others) that extend the solution application reach of the Xedge6000. The ProSphere network management system provides a means of managing and the Xedge family of switches, and also applications such as video-conferencing.
The company supplies a line of multiplexing products. The TMS-3000 is a network managed bandwidth management system for high speed wide area networks. The TMS-3000 is primarily sold to system integrators, government agencies and enterprise customers. It also provides an access product into the TMS-3000 network for smaller branch or regional offices through the OCM feeder and Minimux platforms. The OCM platform offers connectivity to various digital carrier services and uses the same bandwidth optimization techniques as the TMS-3000 to transport a changing mix of applications, LAN to WAN integration, image and video along with traditional voice and data traffic. Minimux platforms provide a data and voice solution for satellite applications.
The company has entered into agreements with other manufacturers to supply products for sale which complement its own products capabilities and provide a broader solution. Such manufacturers include H3C and Tailyn Networks.
The SpectraComm product line consists of products that are NEBS Level 3 Certified for deployment in mission critical applications in telephone company central offices and government applications.
SpectraComm family of NEBS Level 3 modems, digital service units, and LAN products support a range of applications. These T3 broadband applications include M13, T1/FT1, E1/FE1 wide-band applications, 2.4 kbps - 64 kbps digital data service narrow-band applications, switched or private line analog applications, and local area network applications (Ethernet extension and Ethernet switching).
The company provides outsourced services, installation, maintenance and product repair services for the network access products, as well as services such as project management, training, coordination, staging, and network testing.
The companys customers include local exchange carriers, including AT&T, Bell Canada, Qwest, and Verizon; inter exchange carriers; corporate end users; and government entities, including NATO, NASA, U.S. department of defense and other U.S. government departments, including the U.S. State Department, the FAA, the U.K. Ministry of Defense and the Italian Ministry of Defense. Distributors and integrators deliver General DataComm products to markets in Europe and Latin America.
The companys competitors include ADC Telecom, Cisco, Adtran, Network Equipment Technologies, and Alcatel/Lucent.
General DataComm Industries, Inc. was founded in 1969.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. GENERAL DATACOMM INDUSTRIES INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. GENERAL DATACOMM INDUSTRIES INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. GENERAL DATACOMM INDUSTRIES INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. GENERAL DATACOMM INDUSTRIES INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. GENERAL DATACOMM INDUSTRIES INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. General Datacomm Industries Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of General Datacomm Industries Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of General Datacomm Industries Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. General Datacomm Industries Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. General Datacomm Industries Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. GENERAL DATACOMM INDUSTRIES INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. GENERAL DATACOMM INDUSTRIES INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. GENERAL DATACOMM INDUSTRIES INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. GENERAL DATACOMM INDUSTRIES INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. GENERAL DATACOMM INDUSTRIES INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. GENERAL DATACOMM INDUSTRIES INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
General Datacomm Industries Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
General Datacomm Industries Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
General Datacomm Industries Inc. Major Shareholders
General Datacomm Industries Inc. History
General Datacomm Industries Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
General Datacomm Industries Inc. Offices and Representations
General Datacomm Industries Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
General Datacomm Industries Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
General Datacomm Industries Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
General Datacomm Industries Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Statistics
General Datacomm Industries Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
General Datacomm Industries Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
General Datacomm Industries Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
General Datacomm Industries Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
General Datacomm Industries Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
General Datacomm Industries Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
General Datacomm Industries Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
General Datacomm Industries Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?