- The report contains detailed information about General Steel Holdings, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for General Steel Holdings, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The General Steel Holdings, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes General Steel Holdings, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of General Steel Holdings, Inc. business.
About General Steel Holdings, Inc.
General Steel Holdings, Inc. operates a diverse portfolio of Chinese steel companies. The company serves various industries and produces a variety of steel products including reinforced bars (rebar), hot-rolled carbon and silicon sheets, spiral-weld pipes, and high-speed wire.
The companys aggregate annual production capacity of steel products is 6.3 million metric tons, of which the majority of them are rebar.
Steel Related Subsidiaries
The company has controlling interests in four steel-related subsidiaries: Tianjin Daqiuzhuang Metal Sheet Co., Ltd.; Baotou Steel - General Steel Special Steel Pipe Joint Venture Company Limited; Shaanxi Longmen Iron and Steel Co., Ltd.; and Maoming Hengda Steel Group, Ltd.
Tianjin Daqiuzhuang Metal Sheet Co., Ltd. (Daqiuzhuang Metal): Daqiuzhuang Metals core business is manufacturing hot-rolled carbon and silicon steel sheets mainly used in the production of small agricultural vehicles and other specialty markets. Daqiuzhuang Metal has 10 steel sheet production lines capable of processing approximately 400,000 metric tons of 0.75mm to 2.0mm hot-rolled steel sheets per year. Products are sold through a nation-wide network of 35 distributors and 3 regional sales offices. Its products sell under the registered Qiu Steel brand name.
Baotou Steel - General Steel Special Steel Pipe Joint Venture Co., Ltd.: In 2007, Daqiuzhuang Metal and Baotou Iron and Steel Group Co., Ltd. (Baotou Steel) entered into a joint venture agreement to increase Daqiuzhuang Metal's ownership interest in the related joint venture to 80%. The joint venture companys name is Baotou Steel - General Steel Special Steel Pipe Joint Venture Company Limited, a Chinese limited liability company. Baotou Steel Pipe Joint Venture has four production lines capable of producing 100,000 metric tons of double spiral-weld pipes used mainly in the energy sector primarily to transport oil and steam. These pipes have a diameter ranging from 219mm to 1240mm, a wall thickness ranging from 6mm to 13mm, and a length ranging from 6m to 12m. Baotou Steel Pipe Joint Venture sells its products using an internal sales force to customers in the Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region and the northwest region of China.
Shaanxi Longmen Iron and Steel Co., Ltd.: The company, through its two subsidiaries, Daqiuzhuang Metal and Tianjin Qiu Steel Investment Co., Ltd., entered into a joint venture agreement with Shaanxi Longmen Iron & Steel Group Co., Ltd. (Long Steel Group) to form Shaanxi Longmen Iron and Steel Co., Ltd.
Longmen Group operates as a fully-integrated steel production facility. In addition to steel production, the Longmen Joint Venture operates transportation services through its Changlong Branch, located at Hancheng city, Shaanxi province. Changlong Branch owns 154 vehicles and provides transportation services exclusively to the Longmen Joint Venture.
Coke Operation: Longmen Joint Venture owns 22.76% of Hancheng Tongxing Metallurgy Co., Ltd. (Tongxing). Tongxing produces second grade coke used as part the fuel for blast furnaces. Its annualized coke production capacity is 200,000 metric tons. Tongxing sells all of its output to Longmen Joint Venture.
In 2008, the Longmen Joint Venture acquired a controlling interest in Hancheng Tongxing Metallurgy Co., Ltd. (Tongxing). The Longmen Joint Venture contributed its land use right of 21.45 hectares (approximately 53 acres). Tongxing has two operating areas: coking coal production and rebar processing. Its coking coal operations have an annual production capacity of 200,000 metric tons. Its rebar processing facility has an annualized rolling capacity of 300,000 metric tons.
Maoming Hengda Steel Group Limited: Maomings main business is the production of high-speed wire and rebar products used in the construction industry. It is located on 140 hectares (approximately 346 acres) in Maoming city, Guangdong province, the Maoming facility has two production lines capable of producing 1.8 million metric tons of 5.5mm to 16mm diameter high-speed wire and 12mm to 38mm diameter rebar annually.
On September 13, 2010, General Steel Holdings Inc. announced that it has formed a new joint venture, Tianwu General Steel Material Trading Co. Ltd. with Tianjin Materials and Equipment Group Corporation.
General Steel Holdings Inc. was founded in 1988.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. GENERAL STEEL HOLDINGS, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. GENERAL STEEL HOLDINGS, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. GENERAL STEEL HOLDINGS, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. GENERAL STEEL HOLDINGS, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. GENERAL STEEL HOLDINGS, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. General Steel Holdings, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of General Steel Holdings, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of General Steel Holdings, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. General Steel Holdings, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Metals & Mining Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. General Steel Holdings, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. GENERAL STEEL HOLDINGS, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. GENERAL STEEL HOLDINGS, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. GENERAL STEEL HOLDINGS, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CHINA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. GENERAL STEEL HOLDINGS, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. GENERAL STEEL HOLDINGS, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. GENERAL STEEL HOLDINGS, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
General Steel Holdings, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
General Steel Holdings, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
General Steel Holdings, Inc. Major Shareholders
General Steel Holdings, Inc. History
General Steel Holdings, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
General Steel Holdings, Inc. Offices and Representations
General Steel Holdings, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
General Steel Holdings, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
General Steel Holdings, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
General Steel Holdings, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Metals & Mining Industry Statistics
General Steel Holdings, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
General Steel Holdings, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
General Steel Holdings, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
General Steel Holdings, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
General Steel Holdings, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
General Steel Holdings, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
General Steel Holdings, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
General Steel Holdings, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?