- The report contains detailed information about Funtalk China Holdings Limited that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Funtalk China Holdings Limited. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Funtalk China Holdings Limited financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Funtalk China Holdings Limited competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Funtalk China Holdings Limited business.
About Funtalk China Holdings Limited
Funtalk China Holdings Limited operates as a retailer and distributor of mobile communications devices and accessories in China.
The company offers mobile phones, data cables, bluetooth headsets, memory cards, and cases. In the retail outlets it operates for, or jointly with, mobile carriers, it promotes and sells bundled phones and talk time, which are wireless service packages that are sold with the bundled phones. It sells cross-selling mobile content, including ringtones, wallpapers, games and other applications through its cooperation with mobile content providers and other value-added service providers.
The company distributes mobile communications products through a nationwide wholesale distribution network consisting of wholesale distribution centers and branch offices.
As of May 31, 2010, the company operated a network of mobile phone retail chains with an aggregate retail space of approximately 200,000 square meters with a total of 535 operating retail outlets in 108 cities in the provinces of Hebei, Yunnan, Henan, Hunan, Jiangsu, Shandong, Shanxi, Gansu, Inner Mongolia, Zhejiang, Guangdong, Anhui and Liaoning, as well as Beijing, Chongqing and Shanghai.
The company operates and manages two types of retail outlets. It manages and operates retail outlets for all of China's mobile carriers, namely China Mobile, China Unicom, and China Telecom. As of May 31, 2010, it operated 61 outlets owned by these mobile carriers. The other type of retail outlets the company operates are outlets owned by it, which include outlets co-branded with mobile carriers' logos and outlets with its logo only. Co-branded outlets provide storefronts showing both its logo and a mobile carrier's logo and sell mobile phones bundled with the mobile carrier's packages and services. As of May 31, 2010, the company operated 405 co-branded outlets and 69 independently branded outlets.
Through its retail network, the company sells mobile phones and accessories directly to end users. Its retail outlets sell mobile phones from various manufacturers, including Motorola, Nokia, Samsung, LG Electronics, and Sony-Ericsson. In mobile carrier-branded outlets and co-branded outlets, it promotes and sells bundled phones and talk time.
Wholesale Distribution Network
The company distributes products primarily through a national network of consumer electronic stores, regional retailers, mobile carriers and regional distributors. As of May 31, 2010, its wholesale distribution network covered approximately 500 cities across 26 provinces and 4 municipalities and serviced approximately 11,200 retail outlets that carry its products. Through its wholesale distribution network in China, the company distributes certain models of Samsung's mid- to high-end mobile phone products, as well as Samsung accessories.
In addition to distributing Samsung products, the company collaborates with mobile carriers in China to distribute mobile phone models designated by the mobile carriers of other international and local brands.
As of March 31, 2010, the companys consumer electronic store and retailer customers included Gome Appliance (Group) Co., Ltd., Suning Appliance Co., Ltd., Dazhong Electronics Co., Ltd, Beijing D. Phone Trading Co., Ltd., and Best Buy China.
The companys e-commerce Web site at www.dongdianwang.com allows customers to purchase mobile phones and accessories online. It provides the customers with the option to post comments on their purchase experience and its products, thereby allowing prospective customers to gain first-hand insight from actual users of its mobile phones and accessories. The company also provides a news center on the website where the customers can learn about developments regarding mobile phone models, prices, and other news.
In 2009, the company acquired 100% of Jiangsu Guanzhilin Mobile Phones Hypermarket Co., Ltd.
In November 2009, the company acquired 100% of the Shanghai Lezhiyu Telecommunications Equipment Co., Ltd.
In April 2010, the company acquired through various of its wholly-owned subsidiaries certain mobile phone retail assets and businesses located in Shandong Province, China, or Shandong Retail Business.
In April 2010, the company acquired 100% of Beijing Yipai Innovation Technology Development Co., Ltd.
In April 2010, the company acquired 49% Kunming Golden Broadway.
In May 2010, the company acquired through Hunan Feon Telecommunications Technology Co., Ltd.
The company collaborates with all of China's mobile carriers, namely China Mobile, China Unicom and China Telecom, to manage and operate their respective carrier-branded outlets and to operate co-branded outlets owned by it.
The companys competitors include other mobile communications retail chains, such as Beijing D-phone and Guangdong Zhongyu Telecommunication Retail Stores Corp. and the retail outlets of nationwide consumer electronic stores, such as GOME Electrical Appliances Holdings Ltd. and Suning Appliance Co., Ltd.
The companys wholesale distribution business competes with other wholesale Distributors, including Shenzhen Telling Communications Development Co., Ltd., Shenzhen Aisidi Industry Co., Ltd., and China PTAC Communications Services Co., Ltd.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. FUNTALK CHINA HOLDINGS LIMITED COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. FUNTALK CHINA HOLDINGS LIMITED BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. FUNTALK CHINA HOLDINGS LIMITED SWOT ANALYSIS
4. FUNTALK CHINA HOLDINGS LIMITED FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. FUNTALK CHINA HOLDINGS LIMITED COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Funtalk China Holdings Limited Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Funtalk China Holdings Limited and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Funtalk China Holdings Limited and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Funtalk China Holdings Limited Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Funtalk China Holdings Limited Industry Position Analysis
6. FUNTALK CHINA HOLDINGS LIMITED NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. FUNTALK CHINA HOLDINGS LIMITED EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. FUNTALK CHINA HOLDINGS LIMITED ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CHINA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. FUNTALK CHINA HOLDINGS LIMITED IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. FUNTALK CHINA HOLDINGS LIMITED PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. FUNTALK CHINA HOLDINGS LIMITED VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Funtalk China Holdings Limited Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Funtalk China Holdings Limited Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Funtalk China Holdings Limited Major Shareholders
Funtalk China Holdings Limited History
Funtalk China Holdings Limited Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Funtalk China Holdings Limited Offices and Representations
Funtalk China Holdings Limited SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Funtalk China Holdings Limited Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Funtalk China Holdings Limited Capital Market Snapshot
Funtalk China Holdings Limited Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Statistics
Funtalk China Holdings Limited Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Funtalk China Holdings Limited Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Funtalk China Holdings Limited Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Funtalk China Holdings Limited 1-year Stock Charts
Funtalk China Holdings Limited 5-year Stock Charts
Funtalk China Holdings Limited vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Funtalk China Holdings Limited vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Funtalk China Holdings Limited Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?