- The report contains detailed information about Fabrinet that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Fabrinet. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Fabrinet financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Fabrinet competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Fabrinet business.
Fabrinet provides optical, electro-mechanical, and electronic manufacturing services to original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) of products, such as optical communication components, modules, and sub-systems. The company offers a range of optical and electro-mechanical capabilities across the manufacturing process, including process design and engineering, supply chain management, manufacturing, final assembly, and test.
The company manufactures various products for its OEM customers, which include selective switching products, such as reconfigurable optical add-drop modules (ROADMs), and optical amplifiers that enable network managers to route signals through fiber traffic at various wavelengths and over various distances; tunable transponders and transceivers that eliminate the need to stock individual fixed wavelength transponders and transceivers used in voice and data communications networks; active optical cables providing high-speed interconnect capabilities for data centers and computing clusters, as well as Infiniband, Ethernet, fiber channel, and optical backplane connectivity; solid state, diode-pumped, and gas lasers (industrial lasers) used across an array of industries, including semiconductor processing (wafer inspection, wafer dicing, wafer scribing), biotechnology (DNA sequencing, flow cytometry, hematology, antibody detection), metrology (instrumentation, calibration, inspection), and material processing (photo processing, textile cutting, annealing, marking, engraving); and sensors, including anesthesia gas monitors used in medical equipment, differential pressure sensors, stabilization sensors used in automobiles for emission control, vehicle stability, and measurement and positioning sensors used in laser meters and level meters for the construction and surveying industries.
The company also designs and fabricates crystals, prisms, mirrors, laser components, and substrates (customized optics) and other custom and standard borosilicate, clear fused quartz, and synthetic fused silica glass products (customized glass).
Precision Optical, Electro-Mechanical, and Electronic Manufacturing Services
The companys optical and electro-mechanical foundry services include process design and engineering; qualifications; continuous improvement and optimization; supply chain and inventory management; and quality control.
The company performs design for manufacturability studies and design of experiments to assist in optimizing a products design. Its procurement and materials management services include planning, purchasing, expediting, warehousing, and financing materials from various suppliers. It also provides various test management services, including material and process testing and reliability testing. In addition to providing yield, manufacturing data tracking, and other information, its data tracking system also performs process route checking. Its test capabilities include traditional printed-circuit board assembly (PCBA) testing, mechanical testing, and optical testing, which includes parametric testing, such as insertion loss, return loss and extinction ratio, and functional testing (bit error ratio).
Customized Optics and Glass Fabrication
The company designs and fabricates its own customized optics and glass, which are core components of the higher level assemblies that it manufactures for its customers. Its fabrication facilities are located in Fuzhou, China, and New Jersey. Its customized optics and glass products include the following:
Fiber Optic Ferrules and Alignment Sleeves; Fiber Optic Substrates; Glass Tubings, Capillaries, and Rods: These single bore and multi-bore products, in various shapes and dimensions, are used principally in optical communications, medical, and industrial applications.
Laser Optics: Includes crystals (such as YVO4, Nd: YVO4, Cr: YAG, LiNbO3, and BBO) used in laser applications.
Storage Optics: Includes mirrors, polarizing beam splitters (PBS), and waveplates incorporated into optical storage products.
Surveying Optics: Includes penta prisms, corner cubes, and PBS penta prisms incorporated into precision surveying products.
Telecom Optics: Includes C-lens, waveplates, prisms, and YVO4 crystals used for telecommunications applications.
Telecommunication Subassemblies: Includes fiber tube assemblies and collimators used in various fiber optic components, such as isolators, circulators, optical switches, and three-port filters.
The companys competitors in the market for optical manufacturing services include Benchmark Electronics, Inc.; Hon Hai Precision Industry Co. Ltd; Oplink Communications, Inc.; SAE Magnetics (HK) Ltd; Sanmina-SCI Corporation; and Venture Corporation Limited. Its customized optics and glass operations face competition from companies, such as Alps Electric Co., Ltd., Browave Corporation, Fujian Castech Crystals, Inc., and Photop Technologies, Inc.
Fabrinet was founded in 1999.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. FABRINET COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. FABRINET BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. FABRINET SWOT ANALYSIS
4. FABRINET FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. FABRINET COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Fabrinet Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Fabrinet and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Fabrinet and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Fabrinet Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Fabrinet Industry Position Analysis
6. FABRINET NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. FABRINET EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. FABRINET ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CAYMAN ISLANDS PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. FABRINET IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. FABRINET PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. FABRINET VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Fabrinet Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Fabrinet Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Fabrinet Major Shareholders
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Fabrinet Offices and Representations
Fabrinet SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Fabrinet Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Fabrinet Capital Market Snapshot
Fabrinet Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Statistics
Fabrinet Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Fabrinet Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Fabrinet Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Fabrinet 1-year Stock Charts
Fabrinet 5-year Stock Charts
Fabrinet vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Fabrinet vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Fabrinet Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?