- The report contains detailed information about Telecom Argentina S A that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Telecom Argentina S A. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Telecom Argentina S A financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Telecom Argentina S A competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Telecom Argentina S A business.
About Telecom Argentina S A
provides fixed-line telecommunications services in Argentina. The company also provides other telephone-related services such as international long-distance service, data transmission, IT solutions outsourcing and Internet services, and through its subsidiaries, wireless telecommunications services and international wholesale services. As of December 31, 2008, its telephone system included approximately 4.3 million lines in service.
Voice, Data and Internet
Telecom Argentina owns a local telephone line network, public long-distance telephone transmission facilities and a data transmission network in the Northern Region. Telecom Argentina also owns a network in the Southern Region. Voice, Data and Internet services comprise the following:
Basic telephone services: Telecom Argentina provides Basic telephone services, including local and domestic long-distance telephone services and public telephone services. As of December 31, 2008, Telecom Argentina had approximately 4.30 million lines in service.
International long-distance services: Telecom Argentina provides international telecommunications service in Argentina including voice and data services and international point-to-point leased circuits.
Data transmission and Internet services: Telecom Argentina provides data transmission and Internet connectivity services, including traditional dial-up and broadband connections, ADSL dedicated lines, private networks, national and international broadcasting signal transport and videoconferencing services. As of December 31, 2008, Telecom Argentina had approximately 1.1 million subscribers to its Internet service.
Information and Communication Technology Services: The Telecom Group provides ICT services and value-added solutions.
Other Basic telephone services: Other services provided by Telecom Argentina include supplementary services such as call waiting, call forwarding, conference calls, caller ID, voice mail, video calls and itemized billing, and telecommunications consulting and telecommunications equipment and maintenance services.
Telecom Argentinas Telephone Network
Telecom Argentinas fixed-line telephone network includes installed telephones and switchboards, a network of access lines connecting customers to exchanges and trunk lines connecting exchanges and long-distance transmission equipment.
The company provides wireless services through its subsidiaries in Argentina and Paraguay. The companys subsidiary Telecom Personal provides wireless telephone service throughout Argentina via cellular and PCS networks. Telecom Personals service offerings include supplementary wireless Value Added Services. The company also provides cellular and PCS services in Paraguay through Núcleo, a subsidiary of Telecom Personal. As of December 31, 2008, Telecom Personal had approximately 12.6 million wireless subscribers in Argentina and approximately 1.8 million in Paraguay.
The company provides wireless services via cellular and PCS networks through its subsidiaries in Argentina and Paraguay.
Wireless Telecommunication Services in ArgentinaTelecom Personal
The companys wireless telephony services in Argentina are provided through its wholly-owned subsidiary, Telecom Personal. The company provides wireless services throughout Argentina via STM, SRMC and PCS networks. Telecom Personal utilizes GSM technology and 3G technology in its networks and primarily offers its services of S and SRMC services on the 850 MHZ frequency band, and PCS service on the 1900 MHZ frequency band.
Telecom Personal offers supplementary wireless services, known as Value Added Services. Telecom Personal offers a range of services, including the following: Full Mp3; Mobile TV; Blog and Photo album; Internet en tu Personal, including unlimited access to the mobile version of Windows Live Messenger, Hotmail, Yahoo mail, MySpace, Facebook, Hi5, Yahoo Weather and Yahoo Finance; Personal Finder, which allows the customer to locate friends, addresses and points of interest; and SIM Messenger, which allows the customer to enter MSN and chat with contacts as if using a PC.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. TELECOM ARGENTINA S A COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. TELECOM ARGENTINA S A BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. TELECOM ARGENTINA S A SWOT ANALYSIS
4. TELECOM ARGENTINA S A FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. TELECOM ARGENTINA S A COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Telecom Argentina S A Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Telecom Argentina S A and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Telecom Argentina S A and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Telecom Argentina S A Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Communication Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Telecom Argentina S A Industry Position Analysis
6. TELECOM ARGENTINA S A NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. TELECOM ARGENTINA S A EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. TELECOM ARGENTINA S A ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. ARGENTINA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. TELECOM ARGENTINA S A IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. TELECOM ARGENTINA S A PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. TELECOM ARGENTINA S A VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Telecom Argentina S A Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Telecom Argentina S A Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Telecom Argentina S A Major Shareholders
Telecom Argentina S A History
Telecom Argentina S A Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Telecom Argentina S A Offices and Representations
Telecom Argentina S A SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Telecom Argentina S A Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Telecom Argentina S A Capital Market Snapshot
Telecom Argentina S A Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Communication Services Industry Statistics
Telecom Argentina S A Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Telecom Argentina S A Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Telecom Argentina S A Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Telecom Argentina S A 1-year Stock Charts
Telecom Argentina S A 5-year Stock Charts
Telecom Argentina S A vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Telecom Argentina S A vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Telecom Argentina S A Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?