- The report contains detailed information about Melco Crown Entertainment Ltd. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Melco Crown Entertainment Ltd.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Melco Crown Entertainment Ltd. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Melco Crown Entertainment Ltd. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Melco Crown Entertainment Ltd. business.
About Melco Crown Entertainment Ltd.
Melco Crown Entertainment Limited, through its subsidiary, Melco Crown Gaming (Macau) Limited, engages in the development, ownership, and operation of casino gaming and entertainment resort facilities in Macau.
City of Dreams
City of Dreams, an integrated urban entertainment resort development, is a must experience destination in Macau since. The resort brings together a collection of brands, such as Crown, Grand Hyatt, Hard Rock, and Dragone to create a guest experience that appeals to a spectrum of visitors from around Asia and the world. The initial opening of City of Dreams featured a 420,000 square feet casino with approximately 500 gaming tables and approximately 1,300 gaming machines; approximately 20 restaurants and bars; an array of sought-after retail brands; and The Bubble, an iconic and spectacular audio visual multimedia experience. The Crown Towers and the Hard Rock Hotel offer approximately 300 guest rooms each. Grand Hyatt Macau offers approximately 800 guest rooms. A second planned phase of development at City of Dreams would feature an apartment hotel consisting of approximately 800 units.
Altira Macau is designed to provide a luxurious casino and hotel experience which is primarily tailored to meet the cultural preferences and expectations of Asian rolling chip customers and the gaming promoters who collaborate with Altira Macau. The casino at Altira Macau has approximately 183,000 square feet of gaming space and features approximately 210 gaming tables. The multi-floor layout provides general gaming areas as well as limited access high-limit private gaming areas and private gaming rooms catering to patrons. Altira Hotel is located within the 38-story Altira Macau. The top floor of the hotel serves as the hotel lobby and reception area, providing guests with sweeping views of the surrounding area. The hotel comprises approximately 216 deluxe rooms, including 24 suites and 8 high end villas and features a luxurious interior design. Various restaurants and dining facilities are available at Altira Macau, including Tenmasa, a Japanese restaurant in Tokyo, Chinese and international restaurants, dining areas and restaurants focused around the gaming areas, and a range of bars across multiple levels of the property. Altira Hotel also offers non-gaming entertainment venues, including a spa, gymnasium, outdoor garden podium, and a sky terrace lounge.
Mocha Clubs consists of 8 clubs with a total of approximately 1,500 gaming machines, each club with an average of approximately 187 gaming machines and gaming space ranging from approximately 5,000 square feet to 15,000 square feet. The company's Mocha Club gaming facilities include the latest technology for gaming machines and offer both single player machines with various games, including progressive jackpots, and multi-player games where players on linked machines play against each other in electronic roulette, baccarat and sicbo, a traditional Chinese dice game. Mocha Clubs focus on mass market and casual gaming patrons, including local residents and day-trip customers, outside the conventional casino setting. As of December 31, 2009, Mocha had 1,561 gaming machines in operation.
Taipa Square Casino
Taipa Square Casino has approximately 18,300 square feet of gaming space and features approximately 31 gaming tables servicing mass market patrons. Taipa Square Casino operates within Hotel Taipa Square located on Taipa Island, opposite the Macau Jockey Club.
Macau Studio City Project: Melco Crown Gaming has entered into a services agreement with New Cotai Entertainment and New Cotai Entertainment, LLC, under which Melco Crown Gaming would operate the casino portions of the Macau Studio City project, an integrated gaming, retail, and entertainment resort development. The project is being developed by a joint venture between eSun Holdings Limited, CapitaLand Integrated Resorts Pte Ltd and New Cotai Holdings, LLC.
The company competes with Sociedade de Jogos de Macau, S.A (SJM); Wynn Resorts (Macau), S.A.; Galaxy; The Venetian Macau Limited; MGM Grand Paradise; Las Vegas Sands Corporation; and Genting International Bhd. Its regional competitors also include Crowns Crown Casino Melbourne and Burswood Casino in Australia.
The company was incorporated in 2004. It was formerly known as Melco PBL Entertainment (Macau) Limited and changed its name to Melco Crown Entertainment Limited in 2008.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. MELCO CROWN ENTERTAINMENT LTD. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. MELCO CROWN ENTERTAINMENT LTD. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. MELCO CROWN ENTERTAINMENT LTD. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. MELCO CROWN ENTERTAINMENT LTD. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. MELCO CROWN ENTERTAINMENT LTD. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Melco Crown Entertainment Ltd. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Melco Crown Entertainment Ltd. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Melco Crown Entertainment Ltd. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Melco Crown Entertainment Ltd. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Restaurants and Leisure Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Melco Crown Entertainment Ltd. Industry Position Analysis
6. MELCO CROWN ENTERTAINMENT LTD. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. MELCO CROWN ENTERTAINMENT LTD. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. MELCO CROWN ENTERTAINMENT LTD. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. HONG KONG PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. MELCO CROWN ENTERTAINMENT LTD. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. MELCO CROWN ENTERTAINMENT LTD. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. MELCO CROWN ENTERTAINMENT LTD. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Melco Crown Entertainment Ltd. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Melco Crown Entertainment Ltd. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Melco Crown Entertainment Ltd. Major Shareholders
Melco Crown Entertainment Ltd. History
Melco Crown Entertainment Ltd. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Melco Crown Entertainment Ltd. Offices and Representations
Melco Crown Entertainment Ltd. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Melco Crown Entertainment Ltd. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Melco Crown Entertainment Ltd. Capital Market Snapshot
Melco Crown Entertainment Ltd. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Restaurants and Leisure Industry Statistics
Melco Crown Entertainment Ltd. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Melco Crown Entertainment Ltd. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Melco Crown Entertainment Ltd. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Melco Crown Entertainment Ltd. 1-year Stock Charts
Melco Crown Entertainment Ltd. 5-year Stock Charts
Melco Crown Entertainment Ltd. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Melco Crown Entertainment Ltd. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Melco Crown Entertainment Ltd. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?