- The report contains detailed information about MEGA Brands Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for MEGA Brands Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The MEGA Brands Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes MEGA Brands Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of MEGA Brands Inc. business.
About MEGA Brands Inc.
MEGA Brands Inc. operates as a toy construction company in the United States. The company provides creative activity products and supplies stationery products, primarily in North America.
The companys diversified portfolio of products appeals primarily to children of all ages. Its products are sold to a spectrum of retailers including chain stores, discount stores, specialty stores, distributors, wholesalers, department stores, office supply stores, other traditional retailers, food and drug stores and online retailers.
The company operates under two geographical segments, North America and International. Its sales and marketing activities are conducted through two product lines: Toys, and Stationery and Activities: Toys product lines are comprised of MEGA BLOKS construction toys in the preschool and boys 5-plus categories, MAGNEXT building sets for children 6-plus and MEGA games and puzzles for families.
Stationery and Activities product lines are comprised of art materials (crayons, coloured pencils, highlighters and markers) sold mainly under the ROSE ART brand; writing instruments (pens, mechanical pencils and woodcase pencils) sold mainly under the ROSE ART, SRX and USA GOLD brands; dry-erase and cork presentation boards, organizers and accessories sold mainly under the BOARD DUDES brand, and ROSE ART craft and activity sets.
The companys diversified line of creative activity products offers possibilities for play, stimulation, learning and expression.
The companys product line features large plastic interlocking building blocks, vehicles and an assortment of themed activity sets. Many of its preschool toys are interactive and some include electronics such as lights, sounds, music and recognition technology that challenge and stimulate children to develop language basics, cognitive ability, motor skills and basic mathematical concepts, while providing sensory stimulation.
The company offers a selection of construction toys that appeal primarily to boys five years and older. The product line features an assortment of play sets featuring themed adventures that combine building blocks with action figures and vehicles. It also includes interlocking plastic building sets and magnetic building sets that can be assembled using step-by-step instructions or custom-built according to the users imagination.
The company also offers a range of games and puzzles for all ages, from preschool to adult. The game line includes board games for children and adults, card games and staple games such as checkerboards and children's educational products such as word association games.
Stationery and Activities
The company offers an assortment of products, including crayons, coloured pencils, markers, wood case and mechanical pencils, pens, cork and white boards and art materials. These products are sold primarily through mass retailers, outside their toy section, and through office supply stores where the majority of consumers are adults. The company offers a selection of crafts and activity sets, which appeal primarily to girls five years and older, featuring paints, dough, clay, beads, make-up kits and flocked posters in a large variety of play patterns.
Sales and Marketing
The companys products are sold in approximately 100 countries. In the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Spain, Portugal, the Benelux countries, Italy, Mexico, Germany, Austria, Switzerland and Australia, the company has its own sales and marketing organization, partnerships, and distributorships providing global market coverage.
The company, within the traditional toy industry, competes with multinational toy companies, including Hasbro, Inc. and Mattel, Inc. Its main competitor in the market for construction toys is the LEGO Group. The company also competes against other brands such as KNEX, GEOMAG, SUPERMAG, MECCANO, and other smaller players. The company, in the arts and crafts category, competes against brands such as CRAYOLA, FLYING COLORS, PLAY-DOH, and FISHER-PRICE (Mattel).
MEGA Brands Inc. was founded in 1967.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. MEGA BRANDS INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. MEGA BRANDS INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. MEGA BRANDS INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. MEGA BRANDS INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. MEGA BRANDS INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. MEGA Brands Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of MEGA Brands Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of MEGA Brands Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. MEGA Brands Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Restaurants and Leisure Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. MEGA Brands Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. MEGA BRANDS INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. MEGA BRANDS INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. MEGA BRANDS INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CANADA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. MEGA BRANDS INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. MEGA BRANDS INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. MEGA BRANDS INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
MEGA Brands Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
MEGA Brands Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
MEGA Brands Inc. Major Shareholders
MEGA Brands Inc. History
MEGA Brands Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
MEGA Brands Inc. Offices and Representations
MEGA Brands Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
MEGA Brands Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
MEGA Brands Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
MEGA Brands Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Restaurants and Leisure Industry Statistics
MEGA Brands Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
MEGA Brands Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
MEGA Brands Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
MEGA Brands Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
MEGA Brands Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
MEGA Brands Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
MEGA Brands Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
MEGA Brands Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?