- The report contains detailed information about Meade Instruments Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Meade Instruments Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Meade Instruments Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Meade Instruments Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Meade Instruments Corp. business.
About Meade Instruments Corp.
Meade Instruments Corp., a consumer optics company, designs, manufactures, imports, and distributes telescopes, telescope accessories, binoculars, spotting scopes, and other consumer optical products principally in North America and Europe.
The company offers various telescope and binocular models, as well as accessory products for amateur astronomy and sporting goods consumers. It manufactures a line of advanced astronomical telescopes. The companys brands include Meade and Coronado.
The company has developed and expanded its product line to include a line of telescopes and accessories for the beginning, intermediate and serious amateur astronomer.
Advanced Astronomical Telescopes: The company's products in this category include its LX series ACF and Schmidt-Cassegrain telescopes. The LX200 telescopes are available in 8, 10, 12, 14 and 16-inch apertures. These telescopes also include the companys LX90GPS, a Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope available in 8, 10, and 12 inch apertures. The SolarMax telescopes, ranging in aperture from 40mm to 90mm, feature Coronados patented hydrogen-alpha (H-alpha) etalon filters.
Entry-Level Telescopes: These telescopes include 50mm to 130mm refracting, reflecting and spotting scopes and the ETX series telescopes that are designed specifically for the beginning to intermediate amateur astronomer or terrestrial observer. The company also has a solar viewing telescope in its entry-level offerings, the Coronado Personal Solar Telescope (PST).
Binoculars: The company sells a line of consumer binoculars through its domestic distribution network under the Meade brand name. The company purchases binoculars from manufacturers outside the United States.
Accessories: The company also offers accessories for each of its principal product lines that range from additional eyepieces and multi-media celestial observation guides to software. The Coronado brand adds H-alpha etalon filters to the list of telescope accessories for the serious amateur astronomer.
The company supplies consumer optics to such retailers as Costco, Sams Club and Target, as well as specialty dealers worldwide.
In the telescope market, the company competes in the United States and Canada with SW Technology Corporation (Celestron), and Bushnell Performance Optics, Inc. (Bushnell). In Europe and Japan, the company competes primarily with Celestron and Vixen Optical Industries, Ltd. In the binocular market, the company competes primarily with Bushnell, Nikon Inc., and Pentax Corporation.
Meade Instruments Corp. was founded in 1972.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. MEADE INSTRUMENTS CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. MEADE INSTRUMENTS CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. MEADE INSTRUMENTS CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. MEADE INSTRUMENTS CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. MEADE INSTRUMENTS CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Meade Instruments Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Meade Instruments Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Meade Instruments Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Meade Instruments Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Restaurants and Leisure Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Meade Instruments Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. MEADE INSTRUMENTS CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. MEADE INSTRUMENTS CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. MEADE INSTRUMENTS CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. MEADE INSTRUMENTS CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. MEADE INSTRUMENTS CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. MEADE INSTRUMENTS CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Meade Instruments Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Meade Instruments Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Meade Instruments Corp. Major Shareholders
Meade Instruments Corp. History
Meade Instruments Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Meade Instruments Corp. Offices and Representations
Meade Instruments Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Meade Instruments Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Meade Instruments Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
Meade Instruments Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Restaurants and Leisure Industry Statistics
Meade Instruments Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Meade Instruments Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Meade Instruments Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Meade Instruments Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
Meade Instruments Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
Meade Instruments Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Meade Instruments Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Meade Instruments Corp. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?