- The report contains detailed information about Surge Components Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Surge Components Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Surge Components Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Surge Components Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Surge Components Inc. business.
About Surge Components Inc.
Surge Components Inc was incorporated under the laws of the State of New York in 1981. Surge, is a supplier of electronic products and components. Challenge, a wholly owned subsidiary of Surge, is a broker and distributor of electronic components.
The companys products include capacitors, which are electrical energy storage devices, and discrete components, such as semiconductor rectifiers, transistors and diodes, which are single function low power semiconductor products that are packaged alone as compared to integrated circuits such as microprocessors.
A capacitor is an electrical energy storage device used in the electronics industry for varied applications, principally as elements of resonant circuits, in coupling and bypass applications, blockage of DC current, as frequency determining and timing elements, as filters and delay-line components, and in voltage transient suppression (circuit protection devices).
The Companys product line of capacitors includes:
Aluminum Electrolytic Capacitors, which are Surge's principal product, are storage devices used in power applications to store and release energy as the electronic circuitry demands. They are commonly used in power supplies and can be found in a wide range of consumer electronics products.
Ceramic Capacitors are the least expensive, and are widely used in the electronics industry. They are commonly used to bypass or filter semiconductors in resonant circuits and are found predominantly in a wide range of low cost products including computer, telecom, appliances, games and toys.
Mylar Film Capacitors are frequently used for noise suppression and filtering. They are commonly used in telecommunication and computer products.
Discrete components, such as semiconductor rectifiers, transistors and diodes, are packaged individually to perform a single or limited function, in contrast to integrated circuits, such as microprocessors and other chips, which contain from a few diodes to as many as several million diodes and other elements in a single package, and are usually designed to perform complex tasks.
The Companys product line of discrete components includes:
Low power semiconductor rectifiers are devices that convert alternating current, or AC power, into one directional current, or DC power, by permitting current to flow in one direction only. They tend to be found in most electrical apparatuses, especially those drawing power from an AC wall outlet.
Surge offers a wide variety of rectifiers, including: Schottky barrier rectifiers; super-fast rectifiers; ultra-fast/high efficiency rectifiers; fast recovery rectifiers, the time within which the current recovers from spikes of voltage or current; fast recovery glass passivated rectifiers, a chip coated with a glass material to protect the component from thermal stress in a circuit; silicon rectifiers, which utilize silicon rectifying cells designed to withstand large currents and high voltages; soft recovery/fast switching rectifiers; high voltage rectifiers; bridge rectifiers, which connect multiple circuitsin parallel; self packaged surface mount rectifiers, chip style without leads and used in miniaturization; and auto rectifiers.
Transistors send a signal to the circuit for transmission of waves. They are commonly used in applications involving the processing or amplification of electric current and electric signals, including data, television, sound and power. All products are available in traditional leaded as well as surface mount (chip) packages. Surge sells many types of ISO 9002 transistors, including: small signal transistors, designed for lower levels of current; and power transistors, designed for large currents to safely dissipate large amounts of power.
Diodes are two-lead or surface mount components that allow electric current to flow in only one direction. They are used in a variety of electronic applications, including signal processing and direction of current. All products are available in traditional leaded as well as surface mount (chip) packages. Diodes sold include: zener diodes;
high speed switching diodes; and rectifiers, the most popular type of diode.
The Companys circuit protection devices include transient voltage suppressors and metal oxide varistors, which protect circuits against switching, lightning surges and other uncontrolled power surges and/or interruptions in circuits.
Transient voltage suppressors, which offer a higher level of protection for the circuit, are required in telecommunication products and are typically higher priced products than the metal oxide varistors which are more economically priced and are used in consumer products. All products are available in traditional leaded as well as surface mount (chip) packages.
Audible Components include audible transducers and Piezo buzzers and speakers which produce an audible sound for, and are used in back-up power supplies for, computers, alarms, appliances, smoke detectors, automobiles, telephones and other products which produce sounds. All products are available in traditional leaded as well as surface mount (chip) packages.
The Companys new products include fuses, printed circuit boards and switches. All products are available in traditional leaded as well as surface mount (chip) versions.
Challenge is in the broker distribution business and fills orders from customers which need electronic components and products that are not readily available from their suppliers.
The companys products are sold to distributors and OEMs in such diverse industries as the automotive, computer, communications, cellular telephones, consumer electronics, garage door openers, security equipment and household appliances industries.
The Companys competitors in the sale of capacitors include Nichicon, Panasonic, Illinois Capacitor, NIC, AVX, Murata and Kemet. The Companys principal competitors in the sale of discrete components include General Instrument Corp., Motorola, Inc., Microsemi Corp., Diodes, Inc. and Samsung.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. SURGE COMPONENTS INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. SURGE COMPONENTS INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. SURGE COMPONENTS INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. SURGE COMPONENTS INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. SURGE COMPONENTS INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Surge Components Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Surge Components Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Surge Components Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Surge Components Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Surge Components Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. SURGE COMPONENTS INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. SURGE COMPONENTS INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. SURGE COMPONENTS INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. SURGE COMPONENTS INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. SURGE COMPONENTS INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. SURGE COMPONENTS INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Surge Components Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Surge Components Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Surge Components Inc. Major Shareholders
Surge Components Inc. History
Surge Components Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Surge Components Inc. Offices and Representations
Surge Components Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Surge Components Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Surge Components Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Surge Components Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Statistics
Surge Components Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Surge Components Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Surge Components Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Surge Components Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Surge Components Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Surge Components Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Surge Components Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Surge Components Inc. Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?