- The report contains detailed information about Cedar Fair LP that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Cedar Fair LP. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Cedar Fair LP financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Cedar Fair LP competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Cedar Fair LP business.
About Cedar Fair LP
Cedar Fair, L.P. operates regional amusement parks worldwide. The company owns 11 amusement parks, 6 outdoor water parks, 1 indoor water park, and 5 hotels.
In 2009, the company entertained approximately 21 million visitors. All of its parks are family-oriented, with recreational facilities for people of all ages, and provides environments with rides and entertainment.
The amusement parks include: Cedar Point, located on Lake Erie between Cleveland and Toledo in Sandusky, Ohio; Kings Island near Cincinnati, Ohio; Canadas Wonderland near Toronto, Canada; Dorney Park & Wildwater Kingdom (Dorney Park), located near Allentown in South Whitehall Township, Pennsylvania; Valleyfair, located near Minneapolis/St. Paul in Shakopee, Minnesota; Michigans Adventure located near Muskegon, Michigan; Kings Dominion near Richmond, Virginia; Carowinds in Charlotte, North Carolina; Worlds of Fun located in Kansas City, Missouri; Knotts Berry Farm, located near Los Angeles in Buena Park, California; and Californias Great America (Great America) located in Santa Clara, California. Additionally, the company has a management contract for Gilroy Gardens Family Theme Park in Gilroy, California.
The company also owns and operates the Castaway Bay Indoor Waterpark Resort in Sandusky, Ohio, and six separate-gated outdoor water parks. Three of the outdoor water parks are located adjacent to Cedar Point, Knotts Berry Farm and Worlds of Fun, the fourth is located near San Diego, the fifth is in Palm Springs, California, and the sixth is Geauga Lakes Wildwater Kingdom (Geauga Lake) located near Cleveland in Aurora, Ohio. All rides and attractions at the amusement and water parks are owned and operated by the company.
Cedar Point is located on a peninsula in Sandusky, Ohio bordered by Lake Erie and Sandusky Bay. It serves a six-state region in the Midwestern United States, which includes all of Ohio and Michigan, western Pennsylvania and New York, northern West Virginia and Indiana, and southwestern Ontario, Canada. The parks market area includes approximately 26 million people, and the major areas of influence in this market area, which are Cleveland, Detroit, Toledo, Akron, Columbus, Grand Rapids, Flint, and Lansing, include approximately 15 million people.
Located adjacent to the park is Soak City, a separate-gated water park that features approximately 20 water rides and attractions, as well as Challenge Park, which includes extra-charge attractions, including two 18-hole themed miniature golf courses and 2 go-kart tracks.
Cedar Point also owns and operates four hotel facilities. The parks year-round hotel is Castaway Bay Indoor Waterpark Resort, an indoor water park resort, which is located at the Causeway entrance to the park. Castaway Bay features a tropical Caribbean theme with 237 hotel rooms centered approximately a 38,000-square-foot indoor water park. The parks hotel, the Hotel Breakers, has approximately 600 guest rooms. Hotel Breakers has various dining and lounge facilities, a private beach, lake swimming, a conference/meeting center and two outdoor pools. Located near the Causeway entrance to the park is Breakers Express, a 350-room, limited-service seasonal hotel. In addition to the Hotel Breakers and Breakers Express, Cedar Point offers the lakefront Sandcastle Suites Hotel, which features 187 suites, a courtyard pool, tennis courts and a contemporary waterfront restaurant.
Cedar Point also owns and operates the Cedar Point Marina, Castaway Bay Marina and Camper Village. Cedar Point Marina is a full-service marinas on the Great Lakes and provides dockage facilities for approximately 740 boats, including floating docks and guest amenities. In addition, Cedar Point Marina features a Famous Daves Bar-B-Que restaurant and an upscale seafood restaurant, called Bay Harbor, both of which are accessible by the general public. Castaway Bay Marina is a full-service marina featuring 160 slips and guest amenities. Camper Village includes campsites for approximately 100 recreational vehicles and Lighthouse Point, which offers lakefront cottages, cabins and full-service recreation vehicle campsites.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. CEDAR FAIR LP COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. CEDAR FAIR LP BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. CEDAR FAIR LP SWOT ANALYSIS
4. CEDAR FAIR LP FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. CEDAR FAIR LP COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Cedar Fair LP Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Cedar Fair LP and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Cedar Fair LP and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Cedar Fair LP Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Restaurants and Leisure Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Cedar Fair LP Industry Position Analysis
6. CEDAR FAIR LP NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. CEDAR FAIR LP EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. CEDAR FAIR LP ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. CEDAR FAIR LP IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. CEDAR FAIR LP PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. CEDAR FAIR LP VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Cedar Fair LP Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Cedar Fair LP Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Cedar Fair LP Major Shareholders
Cedar Fair LP History
Cedar Fair LP Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Cedar Fair LP Offices and Representations
Cedar Fair LP SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Cedar Fair LP Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Cedar Fair LP Capital Market Snapshot
Cedar Fair LP Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Restaurants and Leisure Industry Statistics
Cedar Fair LP Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Cedar Fair LP Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Cedar Fair LP Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Cedar Fair LP 1-year Stock Charts
Cedar Fair LP 5-year Stock Charts
Cedar Fair LP vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Cedar Fair LP vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Cedar Fair LP Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?