- The report contains detailed information about Hyatt Hotels Corporation that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Hyatt Hotels Corporation. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Hyatt Hotels Corporation financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Hyatt Hotels Corporation competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Hyatt Hotels Corporation business.
About Hyatt Hotels Corporation
Hyatt Hotels Corporation engages in the management, franchising, ownership, and development of Hyatt-branded hotels, resorts, and residential and vacation ownership properties worldwide.
The companys full service hotels operate under four brands, including Park Hyatt, Grand Hyatt, Hyatt Regency, and Hyatt. As of December 31, 2009, the companys portfolio consisted of 424 Hyatt-branded properties (122,317 rooms and units), including 162 managed properties (63,062 rooms); 109 franchised properties (16,607 rooms); 96 owned properties (including 4 consolidated hospitality ventures) (25,765 rooms) and 6 leased properties (2,851 rooms), all of which the company manage; 26 managed properties owned or leased by unconsolidated hospitality ventures (11,746 rooms); 15 vacation ownership properties (962 units), which the company manages; and 10 residential properties (1,324 units).
The company develops, sells, and manages vacation ownership properties in select locations as part of the Hyatt Vacation Club. It also manages Hyatt-branded residential properties that are adjacent to Hyatt-branded full service hotels. The company assists third parties in the design and development of such mixed-use projects based on its expertise as a manager and owner of vacation ownership properties, residential properties, and hotels.
In March 2010, the company opened Hyatt Summerfield Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport-South (the resort). Hyatt Summerfield Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport-South offers 143 guestrooms, complimentary Wi-Fi access throughout the hotel, complimentary breakfast buffet, complimentary Evening Social every Monday to Thursday, a full kitchen in every guest suite, and 1,000 sqft of meeting space.
In March 2010, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Presidio Hotel Group and Crescent Hotels announced the opening of Hyatt Place UC Davis, the first hotel to be located on the UC Davis campus.
In April 2010, Hyatt Hotels Corporation and Lodgeworks, L.P. announce the opening of Hyatt Place Madison/Downtown, the first Hyatt hotel in Madison, Wisconsin.
In April 2010, Hyatt Hotels Corporation and InterMountain Management, LLC announced the opening of Hyatt Place San Antonio-North/Stone Oak, the fourth Hyatt Place hotel to open in the San Antonio area.
In April 2010, Hyatt Hotels Corporation has announced opening of Hyatt Regency Curacao Golf Resort, Spa and Marina (the resort) in Curacao, a Caribbean island. The 350-room resort features Old Quarry by Pete Dye, the island's 18-hole championship resort golf course; Atabei Spa, an eco-friendly holistic retreat; and a full-service, six-slip marina.
In May 2010, Commonwealth Hotels, Inc. and Hyatt Hotels Corporation announced the opening of the second joint Hyatt Place and Hyatt Summerfield Suites development in Warrenville, Illinois.
In October 2010, Hyatt Hotels Corporation announced that affiliates of Hyatt and Starwood Capital Group have formed a joint venture to acquire an existing property and redevelop it into Andaz Wailea Resort and Residences, an ocean front resort on Mokapu Beach in Maui, Hawaii, within the premier master planned resort of Wailea.
In October 2010, Hyatt Hotels Corporation announced the opening of Hyatt Regency Pune, a deluxe hotel and residences complex in Pune, India.
The company has regional sales offices throughout the world, including in New York, Chicago, Los Angeles, Washington D.C., London, Hong Kong, Mainz, Mumbai, Shanghai, Beijing, and Tokyo.
The companys worldwide customers consist of: major corporations; national, state and regional associations; specialty market accounts (social, military, educational, religious and fraternal); and travel organizations.
The company was founded in 1957. It was formerly known as Global Hyatt Corporation and changed its name to Hyatt Hotels Corporation in 2009.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. HYATT HOTELS CORPORATION COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. HYATT HOTELS CORPORATION BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. HYATT HOTELS CORPORATION SWOT ANALYSIS
4. HYATT HOTELS CORPORATION FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. HYATT HOTELS CORPORATION COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Hyatt Hotels Corporation Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Hyatt Hotels Corporation and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Hyatt Hotels Corporation and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Hyatt Hotels Corporation Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Restaurants and Leisure Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Hyatt Hotels Corporation Industry Position Analysis
6. HYATT HOTELS CORPORATION NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. HYATT HOTELS CORPORATION EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. HYATT HOTELS CORPORATION ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. HYATT HOTELS CORPORATION IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. HYATT HOTELS CORPORATION PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. HYATT HOTELS CORPORATION VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Hyatt Hotels Corporation Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Hyatt Hotels Corporation Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Hyatt Hotels Corporation Major Shareholders
Hyatt Hotels Corporation History
Hyatt Hotels Corporation Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Hyatt Hotels Corporation Offices and Representations
Hyatt Hotels Corporation SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Hyatt Hotels Corporation Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Hyatt Hotels Corporation Capital Market Snapshot
Hyatt Hotels Corporation Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Restaurants and Leisure Industry Statistics
Hyatt Hotels Corporation Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Hyatt Hotels Corporation Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Hyatt Hotels Corporation Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Hyatt Hotels Corporation 1-year Stock Charts
Hyatt Hotels Corporation 5-year Stock Charts
Hyatt Hotels Corporation vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Hyatt Hotels Corporation vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Hyatt Hotels Corporation Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?