- The report contains detailed information about Dover Motorsports Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Dover Motorsports Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Dover Motorsports Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Dover Motorsports Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Dover Motorsports Inc. business.
About Dover Motorsports Inc.
Dover Motorsports, Inc., through its subsidiaries, engages in the marketing and promotion of motorsports entertainment in the United States.
The companys motorsports subsidiaries operate 3 motorsports tracks in 3 states and promoted 13 major events under the auspices of 2 sanctioning bodies in motorsportsthe National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing (NASCAR), and the National Hot Rod Association (NHRA). It owns and operates Dover International Speedway in Dover, Delaware; Gateway International Raceway near St. Louis, Missouri; and Nashville Superspeedway near Nashville, Tennessee.
In 2009, the company promoted various major events included 2 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series events; 6 NASCAR Nationwide Series events; 4 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series events; and 2 NHRA events.
Dover International Speedway
The company promotes NASCAR-sanctioned racing events at Dover International Speedway. It promotes five major NASCAR-sanctioned events at the facility annually. Two races are in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series professional stock car racing circuit, two races are in the NASCAR Nationwide Series racing circuit, and one race is in the Craftsman Truck Series racing circuit.
Dover International Speedway, known as the Monster Mile, is a 1 mile, concrete superspeedway with permanent seating capacity of approximately 135,000. The concrete racing surface makes Dover International Speedway the concrete superspeedway (one mile or greater in length) that conducts NASCAR Sprint Cup Series events. The superspeedway facility also features the Monster Bridge.
Gateway International Raceway
Gateway International Raceway (Gateway) promoted three major events in 2009, including a NASCAR Nationwide Series event, a NASCAR Camping World Truck Series event, and an NHRA national event. The facility also hosts various regional and national touring events, as well as weekly events on its drag strip and road course rentals.
The auto racing facility includes a 1.25-mile paved oval track with 54,000 permanent seats, a nationally renowned drag strip capable of seating approximately 30,000 people and a road course. The facility, which is equipped with lights for nighttime racing, is located across the Mississippi River in Madison, Illinois, within view of the Gateway Arch in St. Louis.
Nashville Superspeedway is a motorsports complex approximately 30 miles from downtown Nashville in Wilson County, Tennessee. The 1.33-mile concrete superspeedway has 25,000 permanent grandstand seats with an infrastructure in place to expand to 150,000 seats as demand requires. Additionally, construction included lights at the superspeedway to allow for nighttime racing and the foundation work for a dirt track, short track and drag strip, which may be completed in the future. Nashville Superspeedway promoted two NASCAR Nationwide Series events and a NASCAR Camping World Truck Series event during the 2009 season. The facility also hosted other regional and national touring events, as well as track rentals.
Memphis Motorsports Park
Memphis Motorsports Park (Memphis) promoted three major events in 2009, including a NASCAR Nationwide Series event, a NASCAR Camping World Truck Series event, and an NHRA national event. The facility also hosted various regional and national touring events, as well as weekly events on its drag strip and road course rentals. The auto racing facility includes a 0.75-mile paved tri-oval track with approximately 20,000 permanent seats and a drag strip capable of seating approximately 25,000 people. The facility is located approximately 10 miles northeast of downtown Memphis, Tennessee.
The company closed the Memphis facility in 2009 and realigned its NASCAR Camping World Truck Series and NASCAR Nationwide Series events to its Nashville and Gateway facilities, respectively.
In October 2010, Dover Motorsports Inc. was discontinued the operations at Gateway International Raceway.
Dover Motorsports, Inc. was founded in 1994.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. DOVER MOTORSPORTS INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. DOVER MOTORSPORTS INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. DOVER MOTORSPORTS INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. DOVER MOTORSPORTS INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. DOVER MOTORSPORTS INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Dover Motorsports Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Dover Motorsports Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Dover Motorsports Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Dover Motorsports Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Restaurants and Leisure Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Dover Motorsports Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. DOVER MOTORSPORTS INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. DOVER MOTORSPORTS INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. DOVER MOTORSPORTS INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. DOVER MOTORSPORTS INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. DOVER MOTORSPORTS INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. DOVER MOTORSPORTS INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Dover Motorsports Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Dover Motorsports Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Dover Motorsports Inc. Major Shareholders
Dover Motorsports Inc. History
Dover Motorsports Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Dover Motorsports Inc. Offices and Representations
Dover Motorsports Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Dover Motorsports Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Dover Motorsports Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Dover Motorsports Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Restaurants and Leisure Industry Statistics
Dover Motorsports Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Dover Motorsports Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Dover Motorsports Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Dover Motorsports Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Dover Motorsports Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Dover Motorsports Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Dover Motorsports Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Dover Motorsports Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?