- The report contains detailed information about TechniScan, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for TechniScan, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The TechniScan, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes TechniScan, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of TechniScan, Inc. business.
About TechniScan, Inc.
TechniScan, Inc., a development stage company, focuses on the research, development, and commercialization of medical imaging products for the detection and diagnosis of breast cancer.
Products and Services
Whole Breast Ultrasound (WBU) System
The company's commercial focus is the development of an ultrasound-based product known as the Whole Breast Ultrasound (WBU) system that is intended to provide radiologists with information about the bulk properties of tissue in the breast, as well as clear images of the tissue structure. The images produced by WBU are three-dimensional, whole breast images, and are intended to provide radiologists, surgeons, and oncologists with an imaging tool for managing diagnostic imaging of the breast.
The WBU system comprises various individual subsystems that support patient imaging, data management and image display. The physical system is a collection of components that control the electrical and mechanical systems, gather and manage the ultrasound data, imaging software that produces images of both reflection and transmission ultrasound, and workstation software that allows users to access the images in standard digital medical workstation software (DICOM) format. The system is designed to allow plug-and-play modification and/or upgrade of the physical system, as well as remote query, system diagnosis, and upgrades. Included in the system are hand-held probes that physicians can utilize to image closer to the chest wall and for guidance in conducting breast biopsies. The WBU system produces three images based on both traditional B-mode (reflective) ultrasound and on transmission ultrasound.
The company is also developing an image viewing workstation to allow clinicians to utilize the spectrum of the information available from the WBU system.
WBU Handheld Probe
The WBU system is integrated with the Esaote top of the line handheld ultrasound system MyLab70XVG, which provides a complementary option for the physician. The MyLab 70 handheld system includes high frequency linear hand-held ultrasound probe developed by Esaote S.p.A. (Esaote), which can be used for conducting area specific examinations using standard B-mode ultrasound. The handheld probes can be used for conducting area specific examinations and/or ultrasound-guided biopsies using standard B-mode ultrasound. After scanning the patient with the WBU system and localizing a suspicious lesion, the physician can ask the patient to roll over to perform handheld ultrasound procedures. Additionally, the WBU handheld probes would include an optional, proprietary biopsy guidance tool to assist physicians to conduct biopsies of identified areas of concern.
TechniScan Imaging Network
The company is developing support for clinical users of the WBU system through the TechniScan Imaging Network (TIN), which is a suite of tools and applications designed to improve the value and capabilities of the system. TIN is intended to provide users with a method of providing physicians, administrators, payers, and patients with access to their diagnostic studies and reports. It intends to sell TIN as a subscription service in Europe through a third-party sales channel.
Marketing and Distribution
The company intends to provide its product offerings to screening centers and hospitals, radiologists and physicians and technical personnel within the United States and Europe.
TechniScan, Inc. was incorporated in 1984.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. TECHNISCAN, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. TECHNISCAN, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. TECHNISCAN, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. TECHNISCAN, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. TECHNISCAN, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. TechniScan, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of TechniScan, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of TechniScan, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. TechniScan, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Healthcare Equipment/Supplies Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. TechniScan, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. TECHNISCAN, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. TECHNISCAN, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. TECHNISCAN, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. TECHNISCAN, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. TECHNISCAN, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. TECHNISCAN, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
TechniScan, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
TechniScan, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
TechniScan, Inc. Major Shareholders
TechniScan, Inc. History
TechniScan, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
TechniScan, Inc. Offices and Representations
TechniScan, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
TechniScan, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
TechniScan, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
TechniScan, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Healthcare Equipment/Supplies Industry Statistics
TechniScan, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
TechniScan, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
TechniScan, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
TechniScan, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
TechniScan, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
TechniScan, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
TechniScan, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
TechniScan, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?