- The report contains detailed information about Rotech Healthcare Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Rotech Healthcare Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Rotech Healthcare Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Rotech Healthcare Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Rotech Healthcare Inc. business.
About Rotech Healthcare Inc.
Rotech Healthcare Inc. provides home medical equipment and related products and services in the United States. The company offers oxygen, other respiratory therapy and durable home medical equipment and related services. It provides equipment and services in 48 states through approximately 450 operating locations located primarily in non-urban markets.
The company provides its equipment and services principally to older patients with breathing disorders, most typically associated with chronic obstructive pulmonary diseases (COPD). COPD is a group of diseases of the lungs in which the airways become narrowed.
Oxygen and Other Respiratory Therapy Equipment and Services
Patients are generally referred to the company by their physician or a hospital discharge planner. Upon receipt of a referral, its local customer service representative obtains the necessary medical and insurance coverage information, assignment of benefits, and coordinates equipment delivery.
Following the initial delivery and setup, its patient service technicians and/or clinicians make periodic visits to the patients home, the frequency of which is dictated by the type of therapy prescribed and physician orders. All services and equipment are coordinated with the prescribing physician and, during the period that the company provides services and equipment for a patient, the patient remains under the physicians care and medical supervision. Respiratory therapy is monitored by licensed respiratory therapists and other clinical staff as prescribed by physicians and in accordance with applicable state laws. The company provides 24-hour on-call coverage to its patients through a centralized after-hours call center.
The oxygen delivery systems are used in various combinations to meet its patients needs. Each system and combination has different characteristics that make it more or less suitable to specific patient applications.
Oxygen Concentrator: A concentrator is a small and supplies oxygen to the patient. It stays in the room in which it is placed, and patients use different lengths of oxygen tubing to continue to receive oxygen while moving around.
Liquid Oxygen: Liquid oxygen is delivered to the patients home in a base unit that can be the primary source of oxygen while at home and can be used to fill a smaller portable unit when the patient leaves home.
High Pressure Oxygen Cylinders: Cylinders of varying sizes are used as backup systems and for use when an oxygen concentrator patient travels outside the home.
Homefill System: A homefill system is used in conjunction with an oxygen concentrator. The homefill unit allows the patient to fill their own oxygen cylinders at home using oxygen generated by their oxygen concentrator.
Portable Oxygen Concentrator: A portable oxygen concentrator works in the same way as a regular oxygen concentrator with the addition of a battery and AC/DC adapter. Portable concentrators are used for travel purposes. In addition to home oxygen, the company also provides other home respiratory therapy equipment and services to its patients.
CPAP Devices and Supplies (continuous positive airway pressure): CPAPs are primarily used for the home treatment of obstructive sleep apnea. The CPAP machine delivers a stream of compressed air via a hose to a nasal pillow, nose mask or full-face mask, splinting the airway (keeping it open under air pressure) so that unobstructed breathing becomes possible, reducing and/or preventing apneas. CPAPs include component parts and supplies which require routine replacement to ensure proper functioning of the CPAP device. The supplies include hoses, masks, filters, chin straps, pillows, cushions and humidification units. Hoses and masks accumulate exfoliated skin and particulate matter, and can develop mold, all of which may reduce the effectiveness of the unit or expose the patient to infection risk. Such parts need to be cleaned or replaced on a regular basis. Most units also employ some type of filtration, and the filters also require regular maintenance.
BiPAP Devices and Supplies (bi-level positive airway pressure): BiPAPs are likewise used for the home treatment of sleep apnea for patients who cannot tolerate use of a CPAP. With a BiPAP, air delivered through a mask can be set at one pressure for inhaling and another for exhaling. BiPAPs have been found to be especially useful for patients with congestive heart failure and lung disorders. BiPAPs include the same component parts and supplies as a CPAP, which require routine replacement to ensure proper functioning.
NiPPV Devices and Supplies (non-invasive positive pressure ventilator): NiPPV refers to delivery of mechanically assisted or generated breaths without placement of an artificial airway, such as an endotracheal tube. In most cases, ventilation is delivered via a tightly fitting nasal mask. NiPPVs include the same component parts and supplies as a CPAP and BiPAP, which require routine replacement to ensure proper functioning.
Nebulizer Devices and Medications: A nebulizer is a device used to administer medication to people in the form of a mist inhaled into the lungs. Nebulizer medications are distributed in unit dose vials. Typically patients with COPD are prescribed some combination of the following nebulizer medications, including Albuterol, Ipratropium, Brovana1 and/or Pulmicort2. The company manages its nebulizer medication business through its centralized pharmacy and call center operations in Murray, Kentucky.
Durable Medical Equipment
The company provides a comprehensive line of durable medical equipment, such as hospital beds, wheelchairs, walkers, patient aids and other ancillary supplies, for rental or sale, to serve the specific needs of its patients.
The companys home medical equipment provider competitors are Apria Healthcare Group, Inc.; Lincare Holdings, Inc.; American Home Patient, Inc.; Praxair, Inc.; and Walgreens Co.
Rotech Healthcare Inc. was founded in 1981.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ROTECH HEALTHCARE INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ROTECH HEALTHCARE INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ROTECH HEALTHCARE INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ROTECH HEALTHCARE INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ROTECH HEALTHCARE INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Rotech Healthcare Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Rotech Healthcare Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Rotech Healthcare Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Rotech Healthcare Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Healthcare Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Rotech Healthcare Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. ROTECH HEALTHCARE INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ROTECH HEALTHCARE INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ROTECH HEALTHCARE INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ROTECH HEALTHCARE INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ROTECH HEALTHCARE INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ROTECH HEALTHCARE INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Rotech Healthcare Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Rotech Healthcare Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Rotech Healthcare Inc. Major Shareholders
Rotech Healthcare Inc. History
Rotech Healthcare Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Rotech Healthcare Inc. Offices and Representations
Rotech Healthcare Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Rotech Healthcare Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Rotech Healthcare Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Rotech Healthcare Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Healthcare Services Industry Statistics
Rotech Healthcare Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Rotech Healthcare Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Rotech Healthcare Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Rotech Healthcare Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Rotech Healthcare Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Rotech Healthcare Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Rotech Healthcare Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Rotech Healthcare Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?