- The report contains detailed information about PharmChem Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for PharmChem Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The PharmChem Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes PharmChem Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of PharmChem Inc. business.
About PharmChem Inc.
PharmChem, Inc., (the company) operates as an independent laboratory that provides integrated drug testing services. The companys customers include private and public employers, criminal justice agencies and drug treatment programs in the United States and Puerto Rico who seek to detect and deter the use of illegal drugs and alcohol. The company tests for a number of drugs of abuse, including cocaine, methamphetamine, heroin, phencyclidine (PCP), marijuana (THC) and alcohol. The company tests primarily by urinalysis but also with the PharmScreen® and PharmView on-site screening devices and the PharmChek®Drugs of Abuse Patch (for testing with sweat). Under the company's Premium Comprehensive Management program, it offers a comprehensive set of services customized to assist customers in implementing cost-effective drug testing programs.
Forensic Drug Testing
The essential elements of forensic drug testing are a secure chain of custody for each specimen from its collection to the reporting of its test result and accurate and reliable testing in which a second independent test is performed to confirm each positive test result. The company performs the majority of its testing at its laboratory in Haltom City, Texas. In recent years, the company introduced two product lines, the PharmScreen® On-Site Screening Device and the PharmChek® Drugs Of Abuse Patch, to provide alternatives to traditional urinalysis laboratory testing. The PharmScreen® product line was extended in 2002 to include the PharmView on-site screening devices.
The company screen each specimen submitted for the presence of the drugs specified by the customer. The screening methods it uses include enzyme immunoassay and enzyme assay. Confirmation technologies it uses include gas chromatography/mass spectrometry (GC/MS) and gas chromatography. GC/MS confirmation is required for federally-regulated drug testing and most other workplace drug testing.
PharmScreen® and PharmView On-Site Screening Devices
On-site screening relies upon portable diagnostic devices that the customer use at the point of specimen collection to readily identify drugs of abuse in urine specimens. The company offers two lines of on-site screening devices to supplement its laboratory-based testing services. PharmScreen® and newly introduced PharmView are portable, hand-held devices used for on-site screening of drugs of abuse and are available in single, dual, four and five drug test configurations. PharmScreen® is currently being used by certain government agencies, including the Administrative Office of the United States Courts (Federal Probation), and by certain private employers, including Sears Roebuck & Co. PharmScreen® and PharmView provide only a preliminary analytical result, and a more specific alternative chemical method, such as GC/MS, is necessary to obtain a confirmed analytical result.
PharmChek® Drugs Of Abuse Patch
PharmChek® is a system that uses sweat to detect the presence of illegal drugs and has been under development by it since 1992. It consists of a transparent polyurethane outer covering, a small absorbent pad and a release liner. A unique number is printed on the underside of the polyurethane layer for identification and anti-counterfeiting purposes. Unlike urinalysis, flushing or employing a diuretic to rid the body of drugs of abuse does not affect PharmChek® test results, since the drugs in the sweat simply collect on the absorption pad until the pad is removed for analysis. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has cleared PharmChek® for detecting the use of cocaine, opiates (including heroin), amphetamines (including methamphetamine), phencyclidine (PCP) and marijuana (THC).
The company collects and analyze data on test results in order to provide comprehensive monthly statistical reports to meet customers regulatory requirements and to assist with drug program management.
The companys major customers include Sears, Roebuck & Co. and Lowes Companies, Inc.
The companys competitors are Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings, Quest Diagnostics, Inc., Psychemedics Corporation, Medtox Scientific, Inc. and Northwest Toxicology, Inc.
PharmChem, Inc. was founded in 1971.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. PHARMCHEM INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. PHARMCHEM INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. PHARMCHEM INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. PHARMCHEM INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. PHARMCHEM INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. PharmChem Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of PharmChem Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of PharmChem Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. PharmChem Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Healthcare Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. PharmChem Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. PHARMCHEM INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. PHARMCHEM INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. PHARMCHEM INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. PHARMCHEM INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. PHARMCHEM INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. PHARMCHEM INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
PharmChem Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
PharmChem Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
PharmChem Inc. Major Shareholders
PharmChem Inc. History
PharmChem Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
PharmChem Inc. Offices and Representations
PharmChem Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
PharmChem Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
PharmChem Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
PharmChem Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Healthcare Services Industry Statistics
PharmChem Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
PharmChem Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
PharmChem Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
PharmChem Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
PharmChem Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
PharmChem Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
PharmChem Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
PharmChem Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?