- The report contains detailed information about MedcoHealth Solutions Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for MedcoHealth Solutions Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The MedcoHealth Solutions Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes MedcoHealth Solutions Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of MedcoHealth Solutions Inc. business.
About MedcoHealth Solutions Inc.
Medco Health Solutions, Inc., a health care company, provides clinically-driven pharmacy services in the United States, Puerto Rico, Germany, and the Netherlands.
Products and Services
The company provides evidence-based clinical programs and services for its commercial clients based on clinical rationale reviewed by the independent Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee, or by its National Practice Leaders for programs delivered from its Therapeutic Resource Centers.
The company offers coverage management and utilization management programs, including drug utilization review, which is a evaluation of individual and population use of prescription drugs, to identify and address over-use, under-use, and misuse of prescription drugs.
The company offers a portfolio of clinical solutions. Among them is its proprietary RationalMed service, a patient safety program designed to improve patient care. It offers RationalMed as a program to health plans and plan sponsors.
For Medicare Part D plans, Medco offers a Medication Therapy Management program, designed to ensure that covered Medicare Part D medications prescribed to targeted beneficiaries are appropriately utilized to optimize therapeutic outcomes. Medco uses the Chronic Disease Score, a proprietary software algorithm, to identify beneficiaries who meet the criteria established by CMS.
Optimal Health is Medcos health and care support solution, offered through its 10-year alliance with Healthways, Inc. Optimal Health offers plan sponsors health improvement solutions across the entire population of at-risk members with chronic and conditions, which extends its therapy management capabilities to include disease management services for those clients looking for a healthcare service for their members.
Clinical Services, Specialty Pharmacy
The company assists patients and their families in coping with various difficult emotional and social challenges presented by their diseases, and in some cases participate in patient advocacy organizations, assist in the formation of patient support groups, and advocate legislation to advance patient interests.
Mail-Order Service: The company dispensed approximately 103.1 million prescriptions in 2008 through its mail-order pharmacies. Members can place first-fill, refill and renewal orders through the mail. In addition, members can access resources necessary for first-fill prescription orders and can place refill or renewal orders online through member Web site or through integrated voice-response phone system.
The companys PBM mail-order pharmacy operations consist of seven prescription order processing pharmacies that are located throughout the United States, one of which also performs mail-order dispensing, and its two automated dispensing pharmacies in Willingboro, New Jersey and Las Vegas, Nevada.
In its dispensing pharmacies, the focus is on fulfillment and distribution of medications to patients. The companys dispensing pharmacies use patented automated technology to dispense tablets and capsules, as well as items dispensed in original packaging. PolyMedica provides diabetes testing supplies, prescriptions and related products to patients with diabetes through its Liberty brand. PolyMedica meets the needs of diabetes patients by providing delivery of supplies through locations in Florida and Virginia.
Medco Therapeutic Resource Centers: These centers, located with in its mail-order pharmacy operations, are designed around the theory that specialization leads to better pharmacy care for members with chronic conditions. Its pharmacists are specialized in the chronic conditions that are generally associated with significant gaps in care and significant costs, such as diabetes, heart disease and asthma. Specialist pharmacists of a given specialty practice together in centers allocated to the pharmacy care of people with needs in that specialty. The companys scale and technology allow the company to entire pharmacy practices to a single specialty and bring the services of its specialist pharmacists to the members who need them, as they need them.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. MEDCOHEALTH SOLUTIONS INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. MEDCOHEALTH SOLUTIONS INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. MEDCOHEALTH SOLUTIONS INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. MEDCOHEALTH SOLUTIONS INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. MEDCOHEALTH SOLUTIONS INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. MedcoHealth Solutions Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of MedcoHealth Solutions Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of MedcoHealth Solutions Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. MedcoHealth Solutions Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Healthcare Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. MedcoHealth Solutions Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. MEDCOHEALTH SOLUTIONS INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. MEDCOHEALTH SOLUTIONS INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. MEDCOHEALTH SOLUTIONS INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. MEDCOHEALTH SOLUTIONS INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. MEDCOHEALTH SOLUTIONS INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. MEDCOHEALTH SOLUTIONS INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
MedcoHealth Solutions Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
MedcoHealth Solutions Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
MedcoHealth Solutions Inc. Major Shareholders
MedcoHealth Solutions Inc. History
MedcoHealth Solutions Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
MedcoHealth Solutions Inc. Offices and Representations
MedcoHealth Solutions Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
MedcoHealth Solutions Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
MedcoHealth Solutions Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
MedcoHealth Solutions Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Healthcare Services Industry Statistics
MedcoHealth Solutions Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
MedcoHealth Solutions Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
MedcoHealth Solutions Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
MedcoHealth Solutions Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
MedcoHealth Solutions Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
MedcoHealth Solutions Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
MedcoHealth Solutions Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
MedcoHealth Solutions Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?