- The report contains detailed information about CIGNA Corporation that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for CIGNA Corporation. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The CIGNA Corporation financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes CIGNA Corporation competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of CIGNA Corporation business.
About CIGNA Corporation
CIGNA Corporation operates as a health service company in the United States. The companys subsidiaries are providers of health care and related benefits, the majority of which are offered through the workplace, including health care products and services, such as medical coverages, pharmacy, behavioral health, dental benefits, and disease management; group disability, life and accident insurance; and disability and workers compensation case management and related services.
In addition, the company has an international operation that offers life, accident and supplemental health insurance products and international health care products and services to businesses and individuals in selected markets.
The companys main segments include Health Care; Disability and Life; International; Run-off Reinsurance; and Other Operations.
CIGNAs Health Care operations (CIGNA HealthCare) offer insured and self-funded medical, dental, behavioral health, vision, and prescription drug benefit plans, health advocacy programs and other products and services that may be integrated to provide individuals with health care benefit programs. CIGNA HealthCare also provides disability and life insurance products that were historically sold in connection with certain experience-rated medical products. These products and services are provided and administered by subsidiaries of CIGNA Corporation. CIGNA HealthCare companies offer these products and services in 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. CIGNA HealthCare is focused on helping to improve the health, well-being and security of the individuals whom CIGNA serves.
Principal Products and Services and Funding Arrangements
With the exception of Health Maintenance Organization (HMO), as well as Medicare Part D and Private Fee for Service products, each of CIGNA HealthCares products is offered with multiple funding options. CIGNA may sell multiple products under the same funding arrangement to the same customer.
Medical: CIGNA HealthCare provides products and services to meet the needs of employers, other sponsors of health benefit plans and their plan participants (employees/members and their eligible dependents), and individuals.
Network and Open Access Plus Plans: CIGNA HealthCare offers a product line of indemnity managed care benefit plans. Indemnity benefit plans in the managed care product line generally use coinsurance differences for in-network versus out-of-network care, give members the option of selecting a primary care physician, and use a national provider network. The Network, Network Open Access, and Open Access Plus In-Network products cover those services provided by CIGNA HealthCare participating (in-network) providers and emergency services provided by non-participating (out-of-network) providers. The Network point of service (POS), Network POS Open Access and Open Access Plus plans (OAP) cover health care services provided by participating, and non-participating health care providers.
Preferred Provider (PPO) Plans: CIGNA HealthCare also offers a PPO product line that features a national network with less favorable provider discounts than the managed care products, no option to select a primary care physician, and in-network and out-of-network coverage, and with lesser benefit incentives to encourage the use of participating providers.
Health Maintenance Organizations (HMO): HMOs are required by law in most states to provide coverage for all basic health services. They use various tools to facilitate the appropriate use of health care services through employed and/or contracted health care providers. CIGNA HealthCare offers HMO plans that require members to obtain all non-emergency services from participating providers, as well as POS HMO plans that also provide a lesser level of insurance coverage for out-of-network care from non-participating providers. The out-of-network coverage is generally provided through separate insurance coverage that is sold with the HMO benefits.
Voluntary Plans: CIGNA HealthCare's voluntary medical products are offered to employers with 51 or more eligib
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. CIGNA CORPORATION COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. CIGNA CORPORATION BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. CIGNA CORPORATION SWOT ANALYSIS
4. CIGNA CORPORATION FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. CIGNA CORPORATION COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. CIGNA Corporation Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of CIGNA Corporation and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of CIGNA Corporation and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. CIGNA Corporation Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Healthcare Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. CIGNA Corporation Industry Position Analysis
6. CIGNA CORPORATION NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. CIGNA CORPORATION EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. CIGNA CORPORATION ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. CIGNA CORPORATION IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. CIGNA CORPORATION PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. CIGNA CORPORATION VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
CIGNA Corporation Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
CIGNA Corporation Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
CIGNA Corporation Major Shareholders
CIGNA Corporation History
CIGNA Corporation Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
CIGNA Corporation Offices and Representations
CIGNA Corporation SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
CIGNA Corporation Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
CIGNA Corporation Capital Market Snapshot
CIGNA Corporation Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Healthcare Services Industry Statistics
CIGNA Corporation Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
CIGNA Corporation Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
CIGNA Corporation Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
CIGNA Corporation 1-year Stock Charts
CIGNA Corporation 5-year Stock Charts
CIGNA Corporation vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
CIGNA Corporation vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
CIGNA Corporation Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?