- The report contains detailed information about Express Scripts Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Express Scripts Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Express Scripts Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Express Scripts Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Express Scripts Inc. business.
About Express Scripts Inc.
Express Scripts, Inc. operates as a pharmacy benefit management (PBM) company in North America.
The company operates in two business segments, PBM and Emerging Markets (EM).
The PBM segment primarily consists of the following services: retail network pharmacy management and retail drug card programs; home delivery services; specialty pharmacy services; patient care contact centers; benefit plan design and consultation; drug formulary management, compliance and therapy management programs; information reporting and analysis programs; rebate programs; electronic claims processing and drug utilization review; consumer health and drug information; bio-pharma services, including reimbursement and customized logistics solutions; medication therapy and safety through pharmacogenomics; and assistance programs for low-income patients.
The EM segment primarily consists of the following services: distribution of pharmaceuticals and medical supplies to providers and clinics; distribution of fertility pharmaceuticals requiring special handling or packaging; distribution of sample units to physicians and verification of practitioner licensure; and healthcare account administration and implementation of consumer-directed healthcare solutions.
Products and Services
Pharmacy Benefit Management Services
Retail Network Pharmacy Administration: The company contracts with retail pharmacies to provide prescription drugs to members of the pharmacy benefit plans it manages. It manages national and regional networks in the United States that are responsive to client preferences related to cost containment, convenience of access for members, and network performance. It also manages networks of pharmacies that are customized for or under direct contract with specific clients. In addition, the company has contracted Medicare Part D provider networks to comply with CMS access requirements for the Medicare Part D Prescription Drug Program.
Home Delivery Services: As of December 31, 2009, the company dispensed prescription drugs from its 5 home delivery pharmacies. In addition to the order processing that occurs at these home delivery pharmacies, the company also operates 3 non-dispensing order processing facilities and 11 contact centers. The companys pharmacies provide patients with convenient access to maintenance medications.
Specialty Pharmacy Services: The company operates specialty pharmacies in seven states. These locations provide patient care and direct specialty home delivery to its patients. The company provides specialty distribution services, consisting of the distribution of, and creation of a database of information for, products requiring special handling or packaging, products targeted to a specific physician or patient population, and products distributed to low-income patients. The companys services include eligibility, fulfillment, inventory, insurance verification/authorization, and payment. It also administers sample card programs for certain manufacturers.
Patient Care Contact Centers: The companys services are used by the members and employees of the health plans and employers. Domestic patients can call the companys toll-free to obtain information about their prescription drug plan from its trained patient care advocates and pharmacists.
Benefit Plan Design and Consultation: The company offers consultation and financial modeling to assist its clients in selecting benefit plan designs that meet their needs for member satisfaction and cost control.
Drug Formulary Management, Compliance and Therapy Management Programs: Formularies are lists of drugs to which benefit design is applied under the applicable plan. The companys primary consideration in the formulary development process is the clinical appropriateness of the particular drugs. In developing formularies, the company performs an assessment of the available evidence regarding the drugs safety and clinical effectiveness. It complies with the P&T Committees clinical recommendations. The company administers different formularies for its clients. Use of formulary drugs can be encouraged in the following ways: through plan des
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. EXPRESS SCRIPTS INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. EXPRESS SCRIPTS INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. EXPRESS SCRIPTS INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. EXPRESS SCRIPTS INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. EXPRESS SCRIPTS INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Express Scripts Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Express Scripts Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Express Scripts Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Express Scripts Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Healthcare Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Express Scripts Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. EXPRESS SCRIPTS INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. EXPRESS SCRIPTS INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. EXPRESS SCRIPTS INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. EXPRESS SCRIPTS INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. EXPRESS SCRIPTS INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. EXPRESS SCRIPTS INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Express Scripts Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Express Scripts Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Express Scripts Inc. Major Shareholders
Express Scripts Inc. History
Express Scripts Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Express Scripts Inc. Offices and Representations
Express Scripts Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Express Scripts Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Express Scripts Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Express Scripts Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Healthcare Services Industry Statistics
Express Scripts Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Express Scripts Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Express Scripts Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Express Scripts Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Express Scripts Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Express Scripts Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Express Scripts Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Express Scripts Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?