- The report contains detailed information about DaVita, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for DaVita, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The DaVita, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes DaVita, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of DaVita, Inc. business.
About DaVita, Inc.
DaVita, Inc. is a provider of dialysis services in the United States for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure, also known as end stage renal disease, or ESRD.
As of December 31, 2009, the company operated or provided administrative services to 1,530 outpatient dialysis centers located in 43 states and the District of Columbia, serving approximately 118,000 patients. The company also provides acute inpatient dialysis services in approximately 720 hospitals and related laboratory services.
Dialysis and Related Lab Services
Outpatient dialysis services: As of December 31, 2009, the company operated or provided administrative services to 1,530 outpatient dialysis centers in the United States that are designed specifically for outpatient hemodialysis. Many of its outpatient dialysis centers offer services for dialysis patients who prefer and are able to receive either hemodialysis treatments in their homes or peritoneal dialysis. Home-based dialysis services consist of providing equipment and supplies, training, patient monitoring, on-call support services and follow-up assistance. Registered nurses train patients and their families or other caregivers to perform either hemodialysis at home or peritoneal dialysis.
Hospital inpatient dialysis services: The company provides hospital inpatient hemodialysis services, excluding physician services, to patients in approximately 720 hospitals. When a hospital requests its services, the company administers the dialysis treatment at the patients bedside or in a treatment room in the hospital, as needed.
ESRD laboratory services: The company owns two separately incorporated, licensed, clinical laboratories, both located in Florida, specializing in ESRD patient testing. These specialized laboratories provide routine laboratory tests primarily covered by the Medicare composite payment rate for dialysis and other physician-prescribed laboratory tests for ESRD patients. The companys laboratories provide these tests for its network of ESRD patients throughout the United States. These tests are performed to monitor a patients ESRD condition, including the adequacy of dialysis, as well as other diseases a patient may have. The companys laboratories utilize information systems which provide information to its dialysis centers regarding critical outcome indicators.
The company operates or provides management and administrative services to 32 outpatient dialysis centers that are either wholly-owned by third parties or centers in which the company owns an equity investment, under management or administrative services agreements.
Ancillary services and strategic initiatives: Ancillary services and strategic initiatives consist of the following:
Pharmacy services: DaVita Rx is a pharmacy that provides oral medications to DaVitas patients with ESRD. The main objectives of the pharmacy are to improve clinical outcomes by facilitating patient compliance and to provide its patients a way to fill their prescription needs.
Infusion therapy services: HomeChoice Partners provides personalized infusion therapy services to patients in their own homes as an alternative to inpatient hospitalization. Intravenous and nutritional support therapies are managed by registered and/or board-certified professionals including pharmacists, nurses and dieticians in collaboration with the patients physician in support of the patients ongoing healthcare needs.
Disease management services: VillageHealth provides advanced care management services to health plans and government agencies for employees/members diagnosed with Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) or ESRD. Through a combination of clinical coordination, medical claims analysis and information technology, the company assists its customers and patients in obtaining renal health care and clinical outcomes.
Vascular access services: Lifeline provides management and administrative services to physician-owned vascular access clinics that provide surgical and interventional radiology services for dialysis patients. Lifeline also is the majority-owner of one vascular access clinic.
ESRD clinical research programs: DaVita Clinical Research conducts research trials principally with dialysis patients and provides administrative support for research conducted by DaVita-affiliated nephrology practices.
Physician services: DaVita Nephrology Partners offers practice management and administrative services to physicians who specialize in nephrology under management and administrative services agreements. Practice management and administrative services include operations management, IT support, billing and collections, credentialing and coding, and other support functions.
The company competes with Fresenius Medical Care, or Fresenius.
DaVita, Inc. was founded in 1994.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. DAVITA, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. DAVITA, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. DAVITA, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. DAVITA, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. DAVITA, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. DaVita, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of DaVita, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of DaVita, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. DaVita, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Healthcare Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. DaVita, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. DAVITA, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. DAVITA, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. DAVITA, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. DAVITA, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. DAVITA, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. DAVITA, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
DaVita, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
DaVita, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
DaVita, Inc. Major Shareholders
DaVita, Inc. History
DaVita, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
DaVita, Inc. Offices and Representations
DaVita, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
DaVita, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
DaVita, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
DaVita, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Healthcare Services Industry Statistics
DaVita, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
DaVita, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
DaVita, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
DaVita, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
DaVita, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
DaVita, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
DaVita, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
DaVita, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?