- The report contains detailed information about Covidien plc that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Covidien plc. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Covidien plc financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Covidien plc competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Covidien plc business.
About Covidien plc
Covidien plc engages in the development, manufacture, and sale of healthcare products for use in clinical and home settings in the United States.
The company operates its businesses through three segments, including Medical Devices, Pharmaceuticals, and Medical Supplies.
The Medical Devices segment engages in the development, manufacture, and sale of endomechanical instruments, soft tissue repair products, energy devices, oximetry and monitoring products, airway and ventilation products, and products used in vascular therapies and other medical products.
Endomechanical Instrumentsincludes laparoscopic instruments and surgical staplers.
Soft Tissue Repair Productsincludes sutures, mesh, biosurgery products, and hernia mechanical devices.
Energy Devicesincludes vessel sealing, electrosurgical, and ablation products and related capital equipment.
Oximetry and Monitoring Productsincludes sensors, monitors, and temperature management products.
Airway and Ventilation Productsincludes airway, ventilator, breathing systems and inhalation therapy products.
Vascular Productsincludes compression, dialysis, venous insufficiency, thrombectomy, neurovascular, and peripheral vascular products.
In June 2010, the company announced the global launch of its Tri-Staple technology platform for endoscopic stapling, including the Endo GIA reloads with Tri-Staple technology and the Endo GIA ultra universal stapler, which allow surgeons to use staples in various laparoscopic procedures. It announced the worldwide launch of the SILS hand instrument, including SILS stitch, an articulating suturing device for advanced laparoscopic surgery.
The company offers the V-Loc absorbable wound closure device, a device that enables surgeons to close dermal wounds without tying knots. In May 2010, the company expanded its family of V-Loc absorbable wound closure devices with the global launch of the V-Loc 90, which contains absorbing material. The company offers the AbsorbaTack absorbable mesh fixation device for hernia repair and the Parietex ProGrip, a self-gripping, biocompatible solution for inguinal hernias, in the United States and Europe. It offers the Permacol biological implant, a biological mesh for hernia and abdominal wall repair.
The company develops and markets a line of biosurgery solutions, including internal sealants, topical adhesives and anti-adhesion products, which have applications in various types of surgical procedures. It offers DuraSeal spine sealant in the United States, the product approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for intra-operative sealing of the dural membrane during spine procedures.
The company offers energy-based medical systems and accessories worldwide, including products, such as the ForceTriad tissue fusing and electrosurgery system, the LigaSure vessel sealing system, the Cool-tip radiofrequency ablation system, the Evident microwave ablation system, and LigaSure Advance, a multifunctional laparoscopic instrument for use with the ForceTriad. It provides the LigaSure Advance pistol grip instrument, the 44 centimeter laparoscopic LigaSure device with dual energy modalities, the LigaSure 5 millimeter device.
The company offers a line of products used to monitor, diagnose, and treat respiratory disease. It owns Aspect Medical Systems, Inc., a provider of brain monitoring technology. It owns Somanetics Corporation, a developer of cerebral and somatic oximetry and monitoring systems.
The company offers the Mallinckrodt SealGuard Evac endotracheal tube, which reduces the incidence of Ventilator-Associated Pneumonia (VAP). In addition, it offers Mallinckrodt TaperGuard Evac endotracheal tubes, designed to reduce the entry of foreign material into the respiratory tract. The company offers the Puritan Bennett 560 ventilator, a portable homecare ventilator in Europe.
The company offers Bacchus Vascular, a medical device company dedicated to the treatment of peripheral vascular disease. It owns VNUS Medical Technologies, Inc., a developer of medical devices for treatment of venous reflux disease. The company owns ev3 Inc., by whic
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. COVIDIEN PLC COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. COVIDIEN PLC BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. COVIDIEN PLC SWOT ANALYSIS
4. COVIDIEN PLC FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. COVIDIEN PLC COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Covidien plc Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Covidien plc and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Covidien plc and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Covidien plc Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Healthcare Equipment/Supplies Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Covidien plc Industry Position Analysis
6. COVIDIEN PLC NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. COVIDIEN PLC EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. COVIDIEN PLC ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. IRELAND PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. COVIDIEN PLC IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. COVIDIEN PLC PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. COVIDIEN PLC VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Covidien plc Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Covidien plc Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Covidien plc Major Shareholders
Covidien plc History
Covidien plc Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Covidien plc Offices and Representations
Covidien plc SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Covidien plc Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Covidien plc Capital Market Snapshot
Covidien plc Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Healthcare Equipment/Supplies Industry Statistics
Covidien plc Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Covidien plc Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Covidien plc Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Covidien plc 1-year Stock Charts
Covidien plc 5-year Stock Charts
Covidien plc vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Covidien plc vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Covidien plc Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?