- The report contains detailed information about Trinity Biotech plc that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Trinity Biotech plc. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Trinity Biotech plc financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Trinity Biotech plc competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Trinity Biotech plc business.
About Trinity Biotech plc
Trinity Biotech plc develops, acquires, manufactures, and markets medical diagnostic products for the clinical laboratory and point-of-care (POC) segments of the diagnostic market in the United States. It also provides raw materials to the life sciences industry.
The company develops, acquires, manufactures, and markets a range of clinical in-vitro diagnostic products.
The company supplies the clinical laboratory segment of the market with a range of diagnostic tests and instrumentation which detect infectious diseases, sexually transmitted diseases, blood coagulation and autoimmune disorders. The company also sells raw materials to the life sciences industry. Within the clinical laboratory product line, there are three product portfolios, namely coagulation, infectious diseases, and clinical chemistry.
Coagulation: The coagulation product line comprises test kits and instrumentation used in the detection of blood coagulation and clotting disorders. The product offering is marketed globally to hospitals, clinical laboratories, commercial reference laboratories, and research institutions. The company has launched the Destiny MAX instrument, which is specifically designed to service the high throughput segment of the market.
Infectious Diseases: The company's infectious diseases products are used to perform tests on patient samples and the results generated are reported to physicians to guide diagnosis for a range of infectious diseases. This product line includes diagnostic kits for autoimmune diseases (lupus, celiac, and rheumatoid arthritis), hormonal imbalances, sexually transmitted diseases (syphilis, Chlamydia, and herpes), intestinal infections, lung/bronchial infections, cardiovascular, and a range of other diseases.
Clinical Chemistry: The company's speciality clinical chemistry business includes reagent products, such as ACE, Bile Acids, Lactate, Oxalate and Glucose 6 phosphate dehydrogenase (G6PDH). These products are suitable for both manual and automated testing and have performance in the diagnosis of various disease states from liver and kidney disease to G6PDH deficiency which is an indicator of haemolytic anaemia. The company, through Primus Corporation (Primus), offers in-vitro diagnostic testing for haemoglobin A1c used in the monitoring of diabetes. Primus manufactures a range of instrumentation using patented HPLC (high pressure liquid chromatography) technology. These products are the methods available for detection and monitoring the patient status and overall diabetic control. The Primus product range also includes HPLC equipment specifically designed to detect haemoglobin variants which is important for screening populations for genetic abnormalities that can lead to conditions, such as sickle cell anaemia. Primus sells products to physicians offices and reference laboratories directly in the U.S.A and via a distribution network in other countries. In addition, the company developed the GeneSys system for assay and detection of Haemoglobin variants in neo-natal screening. Primus is also involved in the development of a new HPLC instrument to replace the PDQ analyzer.
Point of Care (POC)
Point of Care refers to diagnostic tests which are carried out in the presence of the patient. The company's range of POC tests principally test for the presence of HIV antibodies. Its principal product is UniGold HIV. UniGold HIV has been used in voluntary counselling and testing centres (VCTs) in sub-Saharan Africa where they provide a cornerstone to early detection and treatment intervention. In the U.S.A, the Centres for Disease Control (CDC) recommend the use of rapid tests to control the spread of HIV/AIDS. As part of this, UniGold HIV is used in public health facilities, hospitals and other outreach facilities. It has received clearance on the TRIstat point-of-care system, which would be used in physician laboratories, diabetes clinics, and health centres for the determination of Haemoglobin A1c. The TRIstat system is undergoing the completion of CLIA (Clinical Laboratory Improvement Act) clinical trials for the definition of ease of use. The company also offers Uni-Gold LUA kit. The product is a lateral flow test for the qualitative detection of Legionella pneumophilia in urine from patients with symptoms of pneumonia.
Sales and Marketing
The company markets its portfolio of approximately 500 products to customers in 75 countries worldwide, with the focus on North America, Europe and Asia. It has direct sales forces in the United States, Germany, France, and the United Kingdom.
The companys competition includes companies, such as Roche Diagnostics; Abbott Diagnostics; Johnson & Johnson; Siemens; Beckman Coulter; Inverness Medical Innovations, Inc.; Bio-Rad; Diasorin Inc.; Diagnostic Products Corp.; OraSure Technologies, Inc.; and Thermo Fisher.
Trinity Biotech plc was founded in 1992.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. TRINITY BIOTECH PLC COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. TRINITY BIOTECH PLC BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. TRINITY BIOTECH PLC SWOT ANALYSIS
4. TRINITY BIOTECH PLC FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. TRINITY BIOTECH PLC COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Trinity Biotech plc Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Trinity Biotech plc and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Trinity Biotech plc and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Trinity Biotech plc Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Healthcare Equipment/Supplies Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Trinity Biotech plc Industry Position Analysis
6. TRINITY BIOTECH PLC NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. TRINITY BIOTECH PLC EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. TRINITY BIOTECH PLC ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. IRELAND PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. TRINITY BIOTECH PLC IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. TRINITY BIOTECH PLC PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. TRINITY BIOTECH PLC VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Trinity Biotech plc Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Trinity Biotech plc Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Trinity Biotech plc Major Shareholders
Trinity Biotech plc History
Trinity Biotech plc Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Trinity Biotech plc Offices and Representations
Trinity Biotech plc SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Trinity Biotech plc Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Trinity Biotech plc Capital Market Snapshot
Trinity Biotech plc Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Healthcare Equipment/Supplies Industry Statistics
Trinity Biotech plc Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Trinity Biotech plc Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Trinity Biotech plc Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Trinity Biotech plc 1-year Stock Charts
Trinity Biotech plc 5-year Stock Charts
Trinity Biotech plc vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Trinity Biotech plc vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Trinity Biotech plc Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?