- The report contains detailed information about Cardima, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Cardima, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Cardima, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Cardima, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Cardima, Inc. business.
About Cardima, Inc.
Cardima, Inc., a medical device company, focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of cardiac arrhythmias. The companys products have been developed for the diagnosis and treatment of the two most common forms of arrhythmias, atrial fibrillation (AF) and ventricular tachycardia (VT), with AF being of most of its clinical and commercial activities.
The companys products include the PATHFINDER and REVELATION Series of diagnostic catheters, the VUEPORT and NAVIPORT Series of guiding catheters, the INTELLITEMP Energy Management Device and the Surgical Ablation System. All of these devices have received CE mark approval and the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 510(k) clearance. The REVELATION Series of ablation catheters with the INTELLITEMP EP Energy Management Device, developed for the treatment of atrial fibrillation (AF), has received CE mark approval and is marketed in Europe. The companys INTELLITEMP device has also received Chinese State Food and Drug Administration (the SFDA) approval to market the device in the Peoples Republic of China.
The company focuses on market development of the micro-catheter systems for the diagnosis of AF and the Controlled RF Surgical Ablation System for the ablation of cardiac tissue. These systems are designed to access both the right and left atria. The companys micro-catheter systems are designed to be used both endocardially and epicardially on the atria, to diagnose and to replicate the surgical maze procedure through the creation of long, thin, continuous, linear, lesions.
The series of electrodes at the distal end of each micro-catheter, depending on the particular product, may both receive electrical signals for mapping, and, emit radio frequency energy for ablation. The companys micro-catheters are single use, disposable products. It designs its EP products to be used with existing electrophysiology recording systems and radio frequency ablation generators. The companys ancillary products, including guiding catheters, electrical switch boxes and connecting cables, support these micro-catheter systems.
The companys Surgical Ablation System is a CONTROLLED RF delivery system. The Probes incorporate irrigation, suction, and illumination. This aids placement and lesion depth.
REVELATION Mapping Catheter: REVELATION Mapping Catheter is an eight-electrode micro-catheter designed to map in both right and left atria.
REVELATION Tx: REVELATION Tx is a guidewire based eight-electrode micro-catheter system with tissue temperature sensors designed to map and create long, thin, continuous, linear, transmural lesions in the atrium.
REVELATION T-Flex: REVELATION T-Flex is a deflectable and steerable eight-and sixteen-electrode micro-catheter system with temperature sensors designed to map and create long, thin, continuous, linear, transmural lesions in the right atrium.
REVELATION Helix: REVELATION Helix is a helical shaped guide-wire eight-electrode micro-catheter system with temperature sensors designed to map and create circumferential, focal linear lesions in the pulmonary vein ostia of the left atrium.
REVELATION Helix STX: REVELATION Helix STX is a helical shaped guide-wire 16 -electrode micro-catheter system with temperature sensors and designed to map and create circumferential, focal linear lesions in larger pulmonary vein ostia of the left atrium.
Surgical Ablation System: Surgical Ablation System is a single use Cardima Surgical Ablation Probe with INTELLITEMP Radio Frequency (RF) Energy Management Device.
INTELLITEMP and INTELLITEMP EP Radio Frequency (RF) Energy Management Device: Radio frequency energy management device.
PATHFINDER Guide-wire based multi-electrode micro-catheter system designed for accessing coronary sinus vasculature to locate arrhythmia-causing tissue.
PATHFINDER mini: Cardima PATHFINDER micro-catheter (1.5 French) designed to provide access to more distal and smaller coronary veins.
The company competes with Boston Scientific, C.R. Bard, Inc., St. Jude Medical, Inc. (through its Daig Division), Johnson & Johnson/Biosense Webster, Cardiac Pathways divisions, Medtronic, Inc., Atricure, Boston Scientific, and Estech.
Cardima, Inc. was founded in 1992.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. CARDIMA, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. CARDIMA, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. CARDIMA, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. CARDIMA, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. CARDIMA, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Cardima, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Cardima, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Cardima, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Cardima, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Healthcare Equipment/Supplies Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Cardima, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. CARDIMA, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. CARDIMA, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. CARDIMA, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. CARDIMA, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. CARDIMA, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. CARDIMA, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Cardima, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Cardima, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Cardima, Inc. Major Shareholders
Cardima, Inc. History
Cardima, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Cardima, Inc. Offices and Representations
Cardima, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Cardima, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Cardima, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Cardima, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Healthcare Equipment/Supplies Industry Statistics
Cardima, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Cardima, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Cardima, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Cardima, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Cardima, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Cardima, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Cardima, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Cardima, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?