- The report contains detailed information about BioScrip Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for BioScrip Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The BioScrip Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes BioScrip Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of BioScrip Inc. business.
About BioScrip Inc.
BioScrip, Inc., a specialty pharmaceutical healthcare organization, provide access to medications and management solutions for chronic and other complex healthcare conditions.
The company operates in two segments, Specialty Pharmacy Services and Traditional Pharmacy Services.
Specialty Pharmacy Services
The Specialty Pharmacy Services segment includes support, dispensing and distribution, patient care management, data reporting, as well as a range of other complex therapy management services for certain chronic and acute health conditions. The medications the company dispenses include oral, injectable, and infusible medications which are used to treat patients living with chronic and other complex health conditions.
The Specialty Pharmacy Services are marketed and/or sold to healthcare payors, including managed care organizations, government-funded and/or operated programs, third party administrators (TPAs), and self-funded employer groups (plan sponsors); pharmaceutical manufacturers; physicians; and patients, and target certain specialty medications that are used to treat patients living with chronic and other complex health conditions. These services include the distribution of biotech and other high cost injectable, oral and infusible prescription medications and the provision of therapy management services.
The company owns and operates 43 specialty pharmacies comprising community pharmacies, located in major metropolitan areas across the United States; mail order pharmacies; and infusion pharmacies. It primarily focuses on serving patient populations with chronic health conditions, including dermatology, endocrinology, hematology, neurology, oncology, rheumatology/orthopedic, transplant, and virology.
Medication Dispensing and Distribution: The company carries a range of prescription medications and is able to dispense various prescription medications for acute and chronic diseases and conditions. As a specialty pharmacy provider its mail and community pharmacy locations also carry hard to find and hard to handle medications. Its pharmacies also deliver medications to physicians offices for in-office administration.
Billing and Coordination of Benefits: The companys pharmacies offer billing, patient reimbursement, and coordination of benefits (COB) services under both a patients pharmacy and medical benefits. Its pharmacy locations are contracted with federal and state governmental benefit programs, including Medicare, Medicaid, and state benefit programs such as AIDS Drug Assistance Programs (ADAPs), as well as other Ryan White-funded programs. In addition, its pharmacies participate in various pharmacy networks; as well as with managed care organizations directly.
Specialty Therapy Management: The company designs and administers clinical programs to improve the benefits of pharmaceutical utilization as a tool in achieving pharmaceutical therapy goals for certain targeted disease states. Its programs focus on preventing high-risk adverse events through the appropriate use of pharmaceuticals while eliminating unnecessary or duplicate therapies. Key components of these programs include patient education and training, integration of care between pharmacy and medical health disciplines, monitoring of patient compliance, measurement of the care process and quality, and providing feedback for continuous improvement in achieving therapy goals. Its bioscripcare patient care programs are designed to address the changing nature of chronic patient care.
Traditional Pharmacy Services
The Traditional Pharmacy Services segment consists mainly of traditional mail service pharmacy fulfillment, and prescription discount card programs and fully funded pharmacy benefit management (PBM) services.
The Traditional Pharmacy Services are marketed and/or sold to plan sponsors and are designed to promote a range of clinically appropriate pharmacy services through its own mail service distribution facility and national pharmacy retail network.
Mail Order Pharmacy Dispensing: The companys traditional mail service pharmacy, located in Columbus, Ohio, provides patients with medications, primar
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. BIOSCRIP INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. BIOSCRIP INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. BIOSCRIP INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. BIOSCRIP INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. BIOSCRIP INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. BioScrip Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of BioScrip Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of BioScrip Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. BioScrip Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Healthcare Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. BioScrip Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. BIOSCRIP INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. BIOSCRIP INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. BIOSCRIP INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. BIOSCRIP INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. BIOSCRIP INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. BIOSCRIP INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
BioScrip Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
BioScrip Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
BioScrip Inc. Major Shareholders
BioScrip Inc. History
BioScrip Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
BioScrip Inc. Offices and Representations
BioScrip Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
BioScrip Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
BioScrip Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
BioScrip Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Healthcare Services Industry Statistics
BioScrip Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
BioScrip Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
BioScrip Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
BioScrip Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
BioScrip Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
BioScrip Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
BioScrip Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
BioScrip Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?