- The report contains detailed information about Biocompatibles International plc that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Biocompatibles International plc. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Biocompatibles International plc financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Biocompatibles International plc competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Biocompatibles International plc business.
About Biocompatibles International plc
Biocompatibles International PLC engages in manufacturing advanced biomedical polymers for medical devices and drug delivery. The Company is focused on developing products that will improve patient outcomes in the treatment of cardiovascular disease, cancer and benign tumours.
Products and Programmes
Bead Block is a compressible, visibly-tinted polyvinyl alcohol (PVA) microsphere supplied in convenient prefilled syringes for use in embolisation therapy.
Embolisation therapy is a minimally invasive (non-surgical) procedure performed by interventional radiologists to treat tumours or vascular malformations by blocking the blood flow to the targeted area.
Embolisation therapy is a minimally invasive (non-surgical) treatment for:
Hypervascularised tumours - abnormal growths of benign or malignant tissue which proliferate due to the over-development of blood vessels supplying the area
Arteriovenous malformations - an abnormal shunt between artery and vein that bypasses the normal capillary bed and can cause complications
During the procedure, an embolic material (often composed of tiny particles or beads made from a biomedical polymer) is injected into selected vessels to block the blood flow feeding the tumour or malformation, causing it to shrink over time. Embolisation is commonly used to treat a number of conditions, including: Hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) - liver cancer tumours, Uterine fibroids - benign hypervascularised tumours of the uterus, which can cause pain, bleeding and infertility, Varicose veins and Aneurysms.
Drug Eluting Beeds
Biocompatibles combines its expertise in drug elution with the N-fil Technology (embolic microspheres) to develop a drug-eluting bead for hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) or Liver Cancer.
Chemo-embolisation, already an established treatment for HCC, involves combining two treatments in one procedure: chemotherapy and embolisation therapy. A chemotherapeutic drug is first mixed with a substance to increase its viscosity and then injected into the target area. An embolic agent is then administered in order to block blood flow to the area and seal in as much of the drug as possible (and prevent rapid washout of the drug).
Chemo-embolisation combines chemotherapy with embolisation therapy to treat malignant tumours such as hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC, or primary liver cancer) and colorectal metasteses to the liver.
Biocompatibles is developing a drug-eluting bead for chemo-embolisation. The product in development is an embolic microsphere preloaded with Doxorubicin, a chemotherapy drug shown to be effective in treating liver cancer, but which has significant side-effects when administered systemically. It is anticipated this bead will improve the targeting and control of chemo-embolisation drug delivery (enhancing its effectiveness and minimising side-effects), while simplifying and refining the procedure as a whole.
Drug-eluting stents (DES) have revolutionised the treatment of coronary artery disease by dramatically improving success rates of a minimally invasive alternative to open-heart surgery called percutaneous transluminal coronary angioplasty (PTCA).
Biocompatibles was responsible for the development of Dexamet, one of just three commercially available drug-eluting stents in the world. The Dexamet stent, a product of Abbott Laboratories, combines Biocompatibles' BiodivYsio stent design, PC Technology coating and the anti-inflammatory drug dexamethasone.
Biocompatibles is also supporting Abbott in further DES development, including a stent which uses the PC coating combined with Abbott's proprietary rapamycin analogue, ABT-578. Biocompatibles will earn a 2.5% royalty on PC Technology, plus 1% on the BiodivYsio stent design.
The success and potential of Biocompatibles' DES technology has led to further innovation in drug-eluting devices. The Company is currently applying its drug-elution technology to the development of drug-eluting embolic beads for use in embolisation therapy to treat liver cancer.
The Dexamet drug-eluting stent (DES) is designed for use in PTCA coron
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. BIOCOMPATIBLES INTERNATIONAL PLC COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. BIOCOMPATIBLES INTERNATIONAL PLC BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. BIOCOMPATIBLES INTERNATIONAL PLC SWOT ANALYSIS
4. BIOCOMPATIBLES INTERNATIONAL PLC FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. BIOCOMPATIBLES INTERNATIONAL PLC COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Biocompatibles International plc Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Biocompatibles International plc and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Biocompatibles International plc and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Biocompatibles International plc Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Healthcare Equipment/Supplies Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Biocompatibles International plc Industry Position Analysis
6. BIOCOMPATIBLES INTERNATIONAL PLC NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. BIOCOMPATIBLES INTERNATIONAL PLC EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. BIOCOMPATIBLES INTERNATIONAL PLC ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UK PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. BIOCOMPATIBLES INTERNATIONAL PLC IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. BIOCOMPATIBLES INTERNATIONAL PLC PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. BIOCOMPATIBLES INTERNATIONAL PLC VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Biocompatibles International plc Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Biocompatibles International plc Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Biocompatibles International plc Major Shareholders
Biocompatibles International plc History
Biocompatibles International plc Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Biocompatibles International plc Offices and Representations
Biocompatibles International plc SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Biocompatibles International plc Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Biocompatibles International plc Capital Market Snapshot
Biocompatibles International plc Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Healthcare Equipment/Supplies Industry Statistics
Biocompatibles International plc Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Biocompatibles International plc Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Biocompatibles International plc Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Biocompatibles International plc 1-year Stock Charts
Biocompatibles International plc 5-year Stock Charts
Biocompatibles International plc vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Biocompatibles International plc vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Biocompatibles International plc Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?