- The report contains detailed information about Aetna Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Aetna Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Aetna Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Aetna Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Aetna Inc. business.
About Aetna Inc.
Aetna Inc. operates as a diversified health care benefits company primarily in the United States. The company offers a range of traditional and consumer-directed health insurance products and related services, including medical, pharmacy, dental, behavioral health, group life and disability plans, and medical management capabilities and health care management services for Medicaid plans.
The companys segments include Health Care, Group Insurance, and Large Case Pensions.
Health Care products consist of medical, pharmacy benefits management, dental, behavioral health and vision plans offered on both an insured basis and an employer-funded, or administrative, basis. Medical products include point of service (POS), preferred provider organization (PPO), health maintenance organization (HMO), and indemnity benefit (Indemnity) plans. Medical products also include health savings accounts (HSAs) and Aetna HealthFund, consumer-directed health plans that combine traditional POS or PPO and/or dental coverage. The company also offers Medicare and Medicaid products and services and specialty products, such as medical management and data analytics services, medical stop loss insurance, as well as products that provide access to its provider networks in select markets. The company refers to insurance products as Insured and administrative products as ASC.
The companys principal products and services are targeted specifically to large multi-site national, mid-sized and small employers. It also serves individual insureds, expatriates and, in certain markets, Medicare and Medicaid beneficiaries. Medicare and Medicaid products and services are categorized separately from its other Health Care products and services (Commercial).
The primary Commercial products the company offers are POS, PPO, HMO, and Indemnity plans. It also offers other products and services.
ActiveHealth Management: Through the use of the companys patented CareEngine system, its ActiveHealth Management business provides evidence-based medical management and data analytics products and services to a range of customers, including health plans, employers and others.
Behavioral Health: The companys behavioral health products provide members who experience mental health illness with integrated behavioral health benefit administration, access to a network of providers and wellness programs. The company owns Horizon Behavioral Services, LLC (Horizon), a provider of employee assistance programs to mid-sized and large employers. Horizon provides customized behavioral health solutions to employees in all 50 states.
Personal Health Record: The companys Personal Health Record provides members with online access to personal information, including individual personalized messages and alerts, detailed health history based on available claims data and voluntarily submitted information, and integrated information and resources to help members make informed decisions about their health care.
Pharmacy: The company offers pharmacy benefit management and specialty and mail order pharmacy services to its members. Its pharmacy fulfillment services are delivered by Aetna Specialty Pharmacy (ASP) and Aetna Rx Home Delivery. ASP compounds and dispenses specialty medications and offers certain support services associated with specialty medications. Aetna Rx Home Delivery provides mail order prescription drug services.
Dental: The company offers managed dental plans on an Insured and ASC basis.
Cofinity: Cofinity provides access to a regional health care provider network to other insurance companies, third party administrators, health plans and employers. It has operations in Michigan, Colorado and other states.
Stop Loss: The company offers medical stop loss insurance coverage for certain employers.
International: The company offers health benefits and health management solutions worldwide through various different arrangements and offerings that include medical, dental, vision, life, disability and emergency assistance to expatriates, local residents and other constituents. Its health management business collaborates with health
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. AETNA INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. AETNA INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. AETNA INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. AETNA INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. AETNA INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Aetna Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Aetna Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Aetna Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Aetna Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Healthcare Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Aetna Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. AETNA INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. AETNA INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. AETNA INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. AETNA INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. AETNA INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. AETNA INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Aetna Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Aetna Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Aetna Inc. Major Shareholders
Aetna Inc. History
Aetna Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Aetna Inc. Offices and Representations
Aetna Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Aetna Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Aetna Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Aetna Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Healthcare Services Industry Statistics
Aetna Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Aetna Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Aetna Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Aetna Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Aetna Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Aetna Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Aetna Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Aetna Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?