- The report contains detailed information about YM BioSciences Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for YM BioSciences Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The YM BioSciences Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes YM BioSciences Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of YM BioSciences Inc. business.
About YM BioSciences Inc.
YM BioSciences Inc., a biopharmaceutical company, engages in the development of products primarily for the treatment of patients with cancer.
The companys portfolio of products in active clinical development includes three anti-cancer agents in various clinical trials are its small molecule JAK1/2 inhibitor, CYT387; Nimotuzumab; and CYT997.
CYT387: CYT387, a small molecule pyrimidine kinase inhibitor is used to develop drugs for the inhibition of the JAK2 enzyme. CYT387 is a dual inhibitor of the kinases JAK1 and JAK2 for the treatment of myeloproliferative disorders and prospectively other diseases where over-activity of JAK1 and JAK2 occur, such as various cancers. Overactive JAK2 has been implicated in various diseases, including cancers, such as leukemia and lymphoma, and various autoimmune diseases. CYT387 has completed the phase I tranche of a phase I/II trial in sufferers of myelofibrosis, a scarring of the bone marrow which can be debilitating.
Nimotuzumab: Nimotuzumab, a humanized monoclonal antibody, targeting the protein known as epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR), is designed to treat epithelial cancers and to be administered prior to, simultaneously with, or subsequent to, chemotherapy and radiotherapy in phase II trials. The drug has been approved for sale in 20 countries, including the Peoples Republic of China (PRC), Brazil, Argentina, India, and Mexico, variously for head and neck cancer, adult and pediatric glioma, and nasopharangeal cancer. Certain of its rights to nimotuzumab have been sub-licensed to Daiichi-Sankyo Co. Ltd in Japan, Oncoscience AG in Europe, to Kuhnil Pharmaceutical Company for Korea, and to Innogene Kalbiotech Ltd. of Singapore for certain Pacific-rim countries and certain African countries. As of June 30, 2010, there were 11 phase II nimotuzumab trials being conducted by the company and these 4 licensees. CIMAB supplies nimotuzumab to facilitate the clinical development of these products and manufactures product for commercialization in certain countries in which it is approved for sale.
CYT997: CYT997, a small molecule microtubule polymerisation inhibitor, is being developed for the treatment of solid and other tumours in cancer patients. CYT997 is an anticancer agent known as the vascular disrupting agents (VDAs) which are designed to destroy pathological blood vessels created by growing tumours. CYT997 can be administered both intravenously, as well as by oral capsule or tablet doses, greatly increasing its ease of use for patients and doctors. The drug has FDA clearance for conducting clinical trials. CYT997 is being studied in a phase I/II trial in patients with glioblastoma multiforme (advanced brain tumour).
The company has three additional products licensed that are not in clinical development. It has two anti-cancer vaccines, a TGFá vaccine and a HER1-targeting vaccine which are both licensed by CIMYM. In addition it owns approximately 4,000 pre-clinical molecules resulting from its acquisition of Cytopia and its own sponsored research. The 4,000 molecules are at different stages of development.
Another program, designed for inhibition of the Feline McDonough Strain kinase and the treatment of particular tumour types, including metastatic cancers, has been progressed to a point where a partner is being sought for further development and commercialisation.
In August 2010, the company discontinued the AeroLEF-related activities.
Competition: The company's competitors for nimotuzamab include Amgen, AstraZeneca, BMS, Roche, Eli Lilly, Genentech, Genmab, Merck KGaA, and OSI. With respect to CYT387, the companys competitors include Novartis, Eli Lilly, Incyte, S*Bio, Onyx, and Sanofi-Aventis. With respect to CYT997 its competitors include Oxigene, Antisoma, and Novartis.
The company was founded in 1994. It was formerly known as York Medical Inc. and changed its name to YM BioSciences Inc. in 2001.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. YM BIOSCIENCES INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. YM BIOSCIENCES INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. YM BIOSCIENCES INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. YM BIOSCIENCES INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. YM BIOSCIENCES INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. YM BioSciences Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of YM BioSciences Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of YM BioSciences Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. YM BioSciences Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. YM BioSciences Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. YM BIOSCIENCES INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. YM BIOSCIENCES INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. YM BIOSCIENCES INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CANADA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. YM BIOSCIENCES INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. YM BIOSCIENCES INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. YM BIOSCIENCES INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
YM BioSciences Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
YM BioSciences Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
YM BioSciences Inc. Major Shareholders
YM BioSciences Inc. History
YM BioSciences Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
YM BioSciences Inc. Offices and Representations
YM BioSciences Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
YM BioSciences Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
YM BioSciences Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
YM BioSciences Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
YM BioSciences Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
YM BioSciences Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
YM BioSciences Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
YM BioSciences Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
YM BioSciences Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
YM BioSciences Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
YM BioSciences Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
YM BioSciences Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?