- The report contains detailed information about Calyx Bio-Ventures Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Calyx Bio-Ventures Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Calyx Bio-Ventures Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Calyx Bio-Ventures Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Calyx Bio-Ventures Inc. business.
About Calyx Bio-Ventures Inc.
Chromos Molecular Systems, Inc., a biopharmaceutical company, engages in the development and commercialization of biological therapies for the treatment of multiple sclerosis, other inflammatory diseases, and thrombotic disorders in Canada.
In January 2006, the company acquired Targeted Molecules Corporation. This acquisition provided the company with two drug development programs focused on inflammatory diseases and thrombotic disorders: CHR-1103 and CHR-1201.
The Company is developing two humanized monoclonal antibody product candidates, CHR-1103 and CHR- 1201, which are part of a validated class of drugs known as SAMIs (selective adhesion molecule inhibitors) that includes such drugs as ReoPro (Centocor/Lilly) and Raptiva (Genentech/Xoma).
CHR-1103 is being developed initially to treat multiple sclerosis. The Companys lead product candidate, CHR-1103, is a monoclonal antibody that is being developed for the treatment of multiple sclerosis (MS), rheumatoid arthritis and inflammatory bowel disease. It offers disease-modifying advantages through existing treatments. CHR-1103 is a monoclonal antibody treatment for inflammatory disease. It targets and prevents inflammatory cells from infiltrating inflamed tissue. CHR-1103 is undergoing final preclinical safety and toxicology studies.
CHR-1201 is being developed to treat acute thrombosis. CHR-1201 is an anti-thrombotic monoclonal antibody proof of concept data demonstrating an ability to dissolve blood clots without risk of bleeding. CHR-1201 treats an unmet medical need. The primary focus is neurothrombosis, ischemic stroke and traumatic brain injury.
The Company's proprietary platform technologies, the ACE System and the REM technology support its drug development programs.
The ACE System
The ACE System is a proprietary artificial chromosome technology to engineer cells to express therapeutic proteins. The ACE System is being used by the company in its cell line engineering business. The ACE System also provides various unparalleled capabilities useful in developing Gene-based Cell Therapies.
The ACE System is a vehicle for transferring genes into the nucleus of a target cell where they can be expressed to produce one or more proteins in a predictable. While the ACE System is designed to be used in a range of applications, the company is focusing on using it to engineer high-expressing production cells lines for the biopharmaceutical industry.
The ACE System consists of four components:
The Platform ACE: The Platform ACE is a neutral, functional mammalian artificial chromosome pre-engineered with multiple acceptor sites.
The ACE Targeting Vector: The ACE Targeting Vector is a vector for loading genes onto the Platform ACE.
The ACE Integrase: The ACE Integrase is a site-specific proprietary enzyme that allows for multiple rounds of gene loading.
Platform ACE Cell Line: Platform ACE Cell Line is a production-quality CHO cell line adapted to growth in serum-free media containing the Platform ACE.
The REM technology gives the company a platform from which to develop immune-based cell therapies to treat infectious disease and cancers. REM expands the number of antigen-specific effector cells to fight the patients disease.
The Company's REM technology is a proprietary technology discovered at the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center that enables development of immune-based cell therapies using antigen-specific T-cells.
The Company and its collaborators have generated proof-of-principle data in clinical and preclinical studies of various diseases, including melanoma (skin cancer), hepatitis B, HIV, cytomegalovirus (CMV) infections and Ebstein Barr virus-lymphoproliferative disease (EBV-LPD). In addition, the Phase I trials with HIV and melanoma patients showed indications of biological effect, Phase I and II EBV-LPD and CMV trials.
The company entered into a license agreement for T-cell expansion with a global medical technology company, BD Biosciences, a business segment of Becton, Dickinson and Company.
The Company has two 100 owned subsidiaries that include Chromos Corporation and Chromos, Inc. Chromos Corporation is the entity that merged with and into Targeted Molecules Corporation (TMC) in January 2006. Chromos, Inc. holds the company's REM technology.
The company has entered into corporate partnerships related to cell line engineering with partners including Cambridge Antibody Technology, Ltd.; AviGenics, Inc.; Centocor, Inc.; Pfizer, Inc.; AppTec Laboratory Services; Becton Dickinson and Company; and SAFC Biosciences.
The companys target market includes companies that are developing protein-based products and cell therapies.
The companys customers are companies that are developing and commercializing biopharmaceutical products.
The ACE System: These competitors include Lonza Biologics PLC, Crucell, and Gala Biotech.
REM Technology: These competitors include Antigenics, Inc.; Dendreon Corporation; and Xcyte Therapies.
Chromos Molecular Systems, Inc. was incorporated in 1995.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. CALYX BIO-VENTURES INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. CALYX BIO-VENTURES INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. CALYX BIO-VENTURES INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. CALYX BIO-VENTURES INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. CALYX BIO-VENTURES INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Calyx Bio-Ventures Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Calyx Bio-Ventures Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Calyx Bio-Ventures Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Calyx Bio-Ventures Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Calyx Bio-Ventures Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. CALYX BIO-VENTURES INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. CALYX BIO-VENTURES INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. CALYX BIO-VENTURES INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CANADA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. CALYX BIO-VENTURES INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. CALYX BIO-VENTURES INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. CALYX BIO-VENTURES INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Calyx Bio-Ventures Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Calyx Bio-Ventures Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Calyx Bio-Ventures Inc. Major Shareholders
Calyx Bio-Ventures Inc. History
Calyx Bio-Ventures Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Calyx Bio-Ventures Inc. Offices and Representations
Calyx Bio-Ventures Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Calyx Bio-Ventures Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Calyx Bio-Ventures Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Calyx Bio-Ventures Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
Calyx Bio-Ventures Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Calyx Bio-Ventures Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Calyx Bio-Ventures Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Calyx Bio-Ventures Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Calyx Bio-Ventures Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Calyx Bio-Ventures Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Calyx Bio-Ventures Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Calyx Bio-Ventures Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?