- The report contains detailed information about Xenoport, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Xenoport, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Xenoport, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Xenoport, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Xenoport, Inc. business.
About Xenoport, Inc.
XenoPort, Inc. operates as a biopharmaceutical company. The company focuses on developing and commercializing a portfolio of internally discovered product candidates that utilize the bodys natural nutrient transport mechanisms. The companys product candidates, referred to as Transported Prodrugs, are created by modifying the chemical structure of marketed drugs, referred to as parent drugs, and are designed to correct limitations in the oral absorption, distribution and/or metabolism of the parent drug. The company intends to focus its development and commercialization activities on the treatments of diseases with significant unmet medical needs, with an emphasis on central nervous system, or CNS, disorders.
XP13512 (Known as Horizant in the United States) A Transported Prodrug of Gabapentin
XP13512 is being developed in Japan for the potential treatment of restless legs syndrome and in the United States for the potential treatment of RLS, neuropathic pain and prophylactic treatment of migraine headaches. The companys main product candidate, XP13512 (gabapentin enacarbil), is licensed to Astellas Pharma Inc. in Japan and five Asian countries and to Glaxo Group Limited, or GSK, in the United States and all other regions of the world. Astellas has filed a new drug application, or NDA, with the Pharmaceuticals and Medical Device Agency, or PMDA, for approval of XP13512 as a treatment for restless legs syndrome in Japan.
Arbaclofen Placarbil, or AP A Transported Prodrug of R-baclofen
The company is in the process of developing its product candidate, AP, a Transported Prodrug of R-baclofen, for the potential adjunctive treatment of patients with GERD and for the potential treatment of spasticity.
XP21279 A Transported Prodrug of L-Dopa
The company is developing its product candidate, XP21279, a Transported Prodrug of L-Dopa, for the potential treatment of Parkinsons disease. The company holds a composition-of-matter patent and a formulation patent in the United States on XP21279.
XP21510 A Transported Prodrug of Tranexamic Acid
The companys fourth product candidate is XP21510, a Transported Prodrug of tranexamic acid, for the potential treatment of menorrhagia, or heavy menstrual bleeding. The company holds a composition-of-matter patent, formulation patent and method-of-use patent directed to XP21510, and holds patents or pending patent applications directed to the methods of synthesis in the United States and directed to the composition of matter, formulations and methods of synthesis and use in other jurisdictions.
Astellas Pharma Inc.: The company, in December 2005, entered into an agreement in which the company licensed to Astellas rights to develop and commercialize XP13512 in Japan, Korea, the Philippines, Indonesia, Thailand and Taiwan.
Glaxo Group Limited: In February 2007, the company entered into collaboration with GSK to develop and commercialize Horizant/XP13512 worldwide, excluding the Astellas territory.
The companys suppliers include Excella GmbH; Sumitomo Seika Chemicals Company Ltd; DSM Pharmaceuticals, Inc.; Ajinomoto Company; and Metrics, Inc.
The companys competitors include Eli Lilly and Company; Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH; Pfizer; Johnson & Johnson; Abbott Laboratories; Depomed, Inc.; and Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation.
XenoPort, Inc. was founded in 1999.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. XENOPORT, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. XENOPORT, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. XENOPORT, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. XENOPORT, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. XENOPORT, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Xenoport, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Xenoport, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Xenoport, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Xenoport, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Xenoport, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. XENOPORT, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. XENOPORT, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. XENOPORT, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. XENOPORT, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. XENOPORT, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. XENOPORT, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Xenoport, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Xenoport, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Xenoport, Inc. Major Shareholders
Xenoport, Inc. History
Xenoport, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Xenoport, Inc. Offices and Representations
Xenoport, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Xenoport, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Xenoport, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Xenoport, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
Xenoport, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Xenoport, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Xenoport, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Xenoport, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Xenoport, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Xenoport, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Xenoport, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Xenoport, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?