- The report contains detailed information about Warner Chilcott plc that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Warner Chilcott plc. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Warner Chilcott plc financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Warner Chilcott plc competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Warner Chilcott plc business.
About Warner Chilcott plc
Warner Chilcott Public Limited Company operates as a specialty pharmaceutical company. The company focuses on the gastroenterology, womens healthcare, dermatology, and urology segments of the North American and western European pharmaceuticals markets.
The company has acquired the global branded pharmaceuticals business (PGP) of The Procter & Gamble Company (P&G). It has acquired PGPs portfolio of branded pharmaceutical products (including its two primary products ASACOL and ACTONEL), PGPs prescription drug pipeline and its manufacturing facilities in Puerto Rico and Germany. ASACOL is the treatment for ulcerative colitis in the U.S. market for orally administered 5-aminosalicylic acid (5-ASA). ACTONEL is the branded product in the U.S. non-injectable osteoporosis market for the prevention and treatment of osteoporosis in women. ACTONEL is marketed under its global collaboration agreement with Sanofi-Aventis US LLC (Sanofi).
The company is developing WC3016; WC3026; WC3048; WC3049; and WC3051. The company submitted an NDA for a low-dose oral contraceptive, WC3016. PGP has completed and submitted an application with respect to WC3048 to the European Medicines Agency for a treatment of hypoactive sexual desire disorder in naturally menopausal women (INTRINSA HSDD). PGP is in Phase II in the United States with respect to the development of WC3049 for the treatment of congestive heart failure (INTRINSA CHF). The company has completed a Phase III study for a once-a-week osteoporosis treatment for postmenopausal women and submitted an NDA for WC3051 in the United States and Canada.
Other Osteoporosis Products: In addition, the company has other next generation ACTONEL products in development for the treatment of postmenopausal women and small molecules in preclinical development.
The company offers Osteoporosis ACTONEL (Risedronate sodium) for the prevention and treatment of postmenopausal osteoporosis; Oral Contraceptives LOESTRIN 24 FE (Norethindrone acetate and ethinyl estradiol) and FEMCON FE (Norethindrone and ethinyl estradiol) for the prevention of pregnancy; and Hormone Therapy ESTRACE Cream (17-beta estradiol), a vaginal cream for treatment of vaginal and vulvar atrophy.
Ulcerative Colitis Products: The company is developing 5-ASA-like compounds for the treatment of ulcerative colitis. It offers Ulcerative Colitis ASACOL 400 mg (Mesalamine) for the Treatment of mild to moderate ulcerative colitis and maintenance of remission; and ASACOL 800 mg (Mesalamine)for the treatment of moderately active ulcerative colitis.
WC2055: The company commenced clinical development of an oral antibiotic for the treatment of acne and completed a Phase II study.
WC3035: The company has entered into an agreement with Paratek Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Paratek) under which the company acquired certain rights to tetracyclines under development for the treatment of acne and rosacea. A primary compound is in preclinical development.
The company offers Acne DORYX (Doxycycline hyclate), an oral adjunctive therapy for severe acne in 75, 100, and 150 mg strength delayed-release tablets.
WC3036: In February 2009, the company acquired the U.S. rights to NexMed, Incs topically applied alprostadil cream for the treatment of erectile dysfunction (ED).
WC3043: The company has entered into an agreement with Dong-A PharmTech Co. Ltd (Dong-A) to develop and market their orally-administered udenafil product, a PDE5 inhibitor for the treatment of ED in the United States. Dong-A has completed Phase II studies of the product in the United States. Phase III development of the product began in 2009.
NEMONAXACIN: Phase II studies have been completed of non-fluorinated quinolone for the treatment of pathogens, such as methicillin-resistant staphylococcus aureus.
AZIMILIDE: The company is in Phase III for a treatment of ventricular arrhythmias. In January 2010, the company entered into an agreement with Blue Ash Therapeutics, LLC (BAT), pursuant to which BAT acquired a worldwide license to the rights to this product.
The company's major customers include wholesale pharmaceutical distributors, such as McKesson Corporation (McKesson), AmerisourceBergen Corporation (AmerisourceBergen), and Cardinal Health, Inc. (Cardinal); and major retail drug and grocery store chains.
In April 2010, Warner Chilcott plc and Sanofi-Aventis announced an amendment to the ActonelR global collaboration agreement with respect to the parties' arrangement in the United States and Puerto Rico. Under the terms of the amendment, Warner Chilcott would take full operational control over the promotion, marketing and R&D decisions for Actonel in the United States and Puerto Rico.
The companys principal branded competitors include GastroenterologyShire (Lialda and Pentasa) and Salix Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Colazal); OsteoporosisMerck (Fosamax), Roche (Boniva), and Novartis (Reclast); Hormonal ContraceptivesBayer AG (Yasmin and Yaz), Johnson & Johnson (Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo, Ortho Evra), Schering-Plough Corporation (Nuvaring), and Teva (Seasonique); Hormone TherapyPfizer (Premarin, Premarin Vaginal Cream, and Prempro), Bayer AG (Climara), and Novo Nordisk A/S (Vagifem and Activella); AcneMedicis Pharmaceutical Corporation (Solodyn), Nycomed S.C.A. SICAR (Adoxa), and Galderma (Oracea); and UrologyPfizer (Detrol), Ortho-McNeil Pharmaceutical, Inc. (Ditroban XL), Esprit Pharmaceuticals, Inc., and Indevus Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Sanctira).
Warner Chilcott Public Limited Company was founded in 1968.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. WARNER CHILCOTT PLC COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. WARNER CHILCOTT PLC BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. WARNER CHILCOTT PLC SWOT ANALYSIS
4. WARNER CHILCOTT PLC FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. WARNER CHILCOTT PLC COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Warner Chilcott plc Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Warner Chilcott plc and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Warner Chilcott plc and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Warner Chilcott plc Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Warner Chilcott plc Industry Position Analysis
6. WARNER CHILCOTT PLC NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. WARNER CHILCOTT PLC EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. WARNER CHILCOTT PLC ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. IRELAND PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. WARNER CHILCOTT PLC IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. WARNER CHILCOTT PLC PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. WARNER CHILCOTT PLC VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Warner Chilcott plc Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Warner Chilcott plc Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Warner Chilcott plc Major Shareholders
Warner Chilcott plc History
Warner Chilcott plc Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Warner Chilcott plc Offices and Representations
Warner Chilcott plc SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Warner Chilcott plc Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Warner Chilcott plc Capital Market Snapshot
Warner Chilcott plc Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
Warner Chilcott plc Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Warner Chilcott plc Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Warner Chilcott plc Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Warner Chilcott plc 1-year Stock Charts
Warner Chilcott plc 5-year Stock Charts
Warner Chilcott plc vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Warner Chilcott plc vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Warner Chilcott plc Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?